Forum no longer visible on the blog?

Talk about the site itself. It's so meta!
dudecon

Forum no longer visible on the blog?

Postby dudecon » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:00 pm

Shamus seems to have streamlined his banner bar by removing, among other things, the link to the forums.

Not sure how experimental this is, but it's not like there was a lot of traffic to begin with.

I'm mostly bringing it up because my workflow involved checking the blog for new content, and then clicking through to the forums.
Update broke workflow. Please revert. (only half joking)
Trix2000

Re: Forum no longer visible on the blog?

Postby Trix2000 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:03 pm

There's a number of important things missing including Spoiler Warning/Diecast as far as I can see, which I feel like wouldn't be desired. In fact, it seems mostly just to be several of his popular individual works, rather than general categories. Seems like it might be a work-in-progress.

Regardless, might be good to let him know about the lack if you haven't already. I know the forums aren't exactly hopping with activity, but I think it's still important enough to still have some form of connection to the main site. We may not get new faces much, but it'd still be nice to have the possibility open.

Oh, and I imagine he'll probably have a post at some point about the changes.
Daemian Lucifer

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:19 am

A more worrisome thing is that the blog and forum seem to be loading slower.I thought it was just my machine at first,but I am on a different computer now,and it still took me some 15 seconds for the blog to load.Longer for the forum.Its not something that happens every time,but often enough that I noticed.
shamusyoung
Site Admin

Postby shamusyoung » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:43 pm

I'm currently working on the theme. The plan is to restore all of the now-missing links (as well as adding some new ones) by placing them into a carousel.

Spoiler: I'm SERIOUSLY considering getting rid of the sidebar and moving those things to some sort of navbar at the top.
dudecon

Postby dudecon » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:51 pm

Two clicks to the left is better than nothing. Thanks!

Return to “Welcome, Announcements, and Questions”