Savin' the day!

Text-based gaming!
User avatar
krellen
Location: The City in New Mexico
Contact:

Re: Savin' the day!

Postby krellen » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:09 pm

What do you think about having the ink mob be aliens from another dimension, who bonded with the ink for whatever reason (perhaps it's the best imitation of their native habitat). Because I kind of dig PI's extra-dimensional nanobots idea.
User avatar
Daemian Lucifer

Re: Savin' the day!

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:21 pm

Yes,that is the option I have thought of and settled on some time ago,only I havent explicitly written it.I will decide on that probably last,when I flesh out their origin.
User avatar
Santa_Jaws

Re: Savin' the day!

Postby Santa_Jaws » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:26 pm

Ahhh, sorry guys, something is actually coming up that is going to be dividing my attention. This still looks mad fun though, it'll be fun to read. I'm especially liking the prison and megacorp concepts.
User avatar
krellen
Location: The City in New Mexico
Contact:

Re: Savin' the day!

Postby krellen » Thu May 01, 2014 11:31 pm

I'm not sure what the guidelines on what we can or cannot dictate is, so I'm loathe to start writing things and declaring that "this happened", so instead I'm going to just outline some basics I'm seeing as leading to the rise of my company (which I'm going to call Atlantech).

If we're not a 20X6 Earth setting, details can be tweaked.

  • Meteor Falls to Earth; precursor company secures rights to crash site
  • Research in to meteor leads to extra-dimensional source and power
  • Tapping power causes disruption - rise of Atlantis
  • Company moves operations to Atlantis, claims it as sovereign soil (changes name)
  • New technology leads to nano-technology, new materials
  • Flexonium, highly flexible metal (basically metal cloth), goes to market
  • Atlantech becomes richest corporation on Earth, continues further research
  • Nano-technology remains a secret; Atlantech tries to keep it that way
  • Impervium, many times stronger than titanium, goes to market
  • Atlantech reveals deal with EU: Atlantech fusion reactors will power Europe
  • Fusion reactors designated Atlantean sovereign soil (basically embassies)
  • Cheap-As-Free power leads to unrivalled technological advancement
  • Atlantech operatives work to keep nano-tech secret, even as leaks occur

Now to answer questions:
What bad things are you okay with happening to your characters?
As Atlantech is probably going to be a villainous enterprise (or at least antagonistic), I'm pretty open to bad things happening to it - set backs, break ins, death of personnel, etc. I imagine it would take a lot to bring down the whole Atlantean power structure, but if that's how events unfold, I'm even okay with that.

How do you envision your character(s) "having a bad day" turning out?
A bad day for Atlantech is when news of questionable activities or corporate espionage occurs. As this is just a part of business, Atlantech has a powerful PR/diplomatic corps to deal with this. The worst day possible - lost technology, lost nano-tech - likely leads to a company-wide crackdown and search for vengeance.

What is the least it would take for your character(s) to kill someone?
Fully-integrated Atlantean citizens, who are full shareholders of the company and hold no citizenship elsewhere (mutually required traits) can be executed for treason, which amounts to letting out corporate secrets. Atlantech nominally obeys the laws of the territories they operate in, but having someone killed is not verboten - discreetly, of course.

How is your character's relationship with their neighbors?
Atlantis has no neighbours, being an island in the Atlantic. But where Atlantech operates in other nations, they try to keep amicable relations; most nations look the other way at small-scale Atlantech oversteps, because Atlantech is too important to the economy. Atlantech knows how important it is, and tends to be a bit of bully because of it.

A few key figures among Atlantech personnel:
  • Uzimi Kaynes, CEO of Atlantech and Queen of Atlantis
  • Namar King, CSO and chief researcher of Atlantech (and King of Atlantis)
  • Charles Anderson, CFO of Atlantech
  • Ramada Jones, COO of Atlantech
  • Protector-1, chief of Atlantech security; super-powered cybersuit "hero"
PossiblyInsane

Re: Savin' the day!

Postby PossiblyInsane » Fri May 02, 2014 2:54 am

Relationship possibilities between Krieg and Atlantech:

-Krieg originally worked in Antlantech's bio-engineering division. He sabotaged said division, stole funding, and absconded with research related to his powers. If he does know about Atlantean nanotech, he is almost certainly a former citizen, and Antlantech has even more of a reason to neutralize him.

-Krieg originally worked for a major competitor of Atlantech (possibly while Atlantech was still starting up). His flight crippled a major competitor of Atlantech. Atlantech has no hostility with him, and may be interested in uncovering the secrets behind Krieg's powers, possibly by force. Relationship between the two could range from cordial to hostile, depending on character interactions and how either side negotiates (if at all) with the other.


Krieg Creature Concepts:

-Homonculi: Mass produced amalgamation of corpses stitched together into a roughly human sized functional organism. Controlled by pheromones and hardwired response to external stimuli. Not as strong as a normal human, but there are typically a lot of them, and can be stitched back together into more Homonculi using their and their victim's corpses. Possibly named Homonculi by Krieg to draw the Alchemist's attention to the ongoing third world conflict and/or because it amused him.

-Ogre: Large (1-2 tonnes) heavily armoured humanoid shock troop. Travels by brachiation/knuckle-running.

-Dragon: Biological jet fighter that converts organic matter into fuel and napalm. Intelligent, smoothly transitions between dogfights, bombing, and resource gathering/processing.

-Hydra: Collection of limbs, jaws, tentacles, and other organic weaponry that regenerates and grows with every kill. Although it could function autonomously, Krieg is loathe to give any of his creatures the ability to grow on their own.

-Demon: Highly infectious parasite, chemically influnces hosts to euphorically spread the parasite to as many people as possible. Hosts eventually starve to death as the desire to spread their happiness to others overrides all other biologicalneeds. Not currently finished, Krieg is working on it as a last resort insurance policy.
User avatar
dudecon
Location: Camarillo, CA
Contact:

Re: Savin' the day!

Postby dudecon » Fri May 02, 2014 10:56 pm

Character round-up! So far we've got:
4th Dimension playing as Site Surfer, the immature slicer/hacker.
mwchase playing as NUCF, the super-human containment and rehabilitation center run by cyborgs and robots.
CraigM playing as Paula, the engineer who can re-purpose inorganic matter at will.
Krellen playing as Atlantech, the sketchy military-industrial mega-corporation.
Daemien Lucifer playing as Inkvengers, a team of amorphs role-playing as comic book characters.
Santa_Jaws playing (passively?) as Mandeep (name WIP), the investigator with absolute self control.
PossiblyInsane playing as Krieg, the biological sculptor, splicer, cloner... thing?

PossiblyInsane wrote:...One of his creations going rogue despite countermeasures, especially if said creation is sapient...
I was of the understanding that Krieg had some sort of direct mental hive-mind link with his creatures... is this not part of the concept?
PossiblyInsane wrote:Krieg may (in his own mind, at least) be working for the betterment of humanity as a whole, but the methods by which he works toward that goal are quasi-moral at best and sociopathic at worst....Krieg's neighbors (likely warring African city-states or similar, dependent on setting) would view him as a distasteful but generally reliable mercenary force... It'll be good when someone bigger decides Krieg's less trouble dead than alive and do the world a favor...
The warring city-states are totally doable. I'll work them into the setting.
Sounds like you're setting up Krieg as a villain as well? I'm content to run it this way, but I'd really prefer to keep all the players on the same side for one simple reason: The players know the player's plans. This could certainly be overcome by good RP, but adds a lot of tension to the meta-game which I feel is unnecessary. We could get around this by running the whole thing via direct messages, but I feel this takes a lot of the fun out of it and breaks down the sense of community.

So, I'm going to do my best to keep all the player characters on the same side of the fight. They might not totally agree with the specifics of each-other's methods, but I'd rather they not be fighting each-other directly. With that in mind, I might curb some of the darker aspects of Krieg and Atlantech, or at least make them less blatant.

PossiblyInsane wrote:Relationship possibilities... Krieg originally worked in Antlantech's bio-engineering division... Krieg originally worked for a major competitor of Atlantech...
Do you have a preference for one or the other?
PossiblyInsane wrote:Krieg Creature Concepts:
-Homonculi: Mass produced amalgamation of corpses stitched together into a roughly human sized functional organism. Controlled by pheromones and hardwired response to external stimuli...
This character feels kind of undefined, mostly by merit of the mixed signals I'm getting. At first I thought you wanted Krieg to be able to grow stuff from his own body. Now he's stitching stuff together? Does he have psychic control over his creations or not? Can they become independent? Are they grown from his genetic material, or does he alter his genetics to create biologically distinct organic structures? I can work with your concept... except where it contradicts itself.

I'm looking for your preferences, stuff you really want or... diswant?

mwchase wrote:...In other words, while we can expect to deal with it a lot, super-related crime should be a small fraction of all crime overall, such that a single prison (okay, two right next to each other) can handle everything for the USA. Does anyone have any differing thoughts? I haven't worked out the scales involved... hm. Scale. 1500+ supers for the whole country. Not all of them criminal... it seems to me that this could work...
If the ratio is 1 in 5M, then it's 1500+ for the whole WORLD. I'm guessing only 1/10 supers are criminal, and ~150 prison population isn't at all outlandish in a trans-modern setting.
CraigM wrote:This gives a USA sized country... ~1500 supers.
Am I just bad at maths, or did both of you just make the same mistake?

krellen wrote:... How do we all feel about nano-machines being the "game changer" technology that both created supers and put the world where it is today?... And it would also let my megacorp be the originators of nano-tech...
PossiblyInsane wrote:I would prefer that while nanotech is a very important part of the world and supers, it isn't the sole cause of supers.
Duly noted. I'm pretty sure I can accomodate the general idea behind both of these.

4th Dimension wrote:With emphasis on very unintentional... I'm not really comfortable with too much with thousand years of humiliating servitude, for my character...
Check and check.

CraigM wrote:Other than being a bit... uncomfortable... So go ahead I guess.
Yeah, I'm not sure how I feel about it. Is it weird because it's dealing with "privates"? Is it uncomfortable because we don't really want to think of Paula as a woman? Does it seem out of place because "super-hero" settings rarely touch on creative power, and their associated generative anatomy? I'm interested in hearing some feedback on this idea, from anyone really.
Lacking other input, and if it ends up making sense in the setting, I'll give Paula a nannite factory uterus. Solves the export problem anyway.
CraigM wrote:...For example I'm sure she'll have to be careful around Krellen, as I've no doubt they'd love to experiment on her...
Aaaaaand the concept instantly got incredibly dark.

krellen wrote:What do you think about having the ink mob be aliens from another dimension, who bonded with the ink for whatever reason (perhaps it's the best imitation of their native habitat). Because I kind of dig PI's extra-dimensional nanobots idea.
Daemian Lucifer wrote:Yes,that is the option I have thought of and settled on some time ago,only I havent explicitly written it.I will decide on that probably last,when I flesh out their origin.
Let me know sooner rather than later. General ideas are better than details at this point, as the details will undoubtedly be bent to accommodate the joint setting.

Santa_Jaws wrote:Ahhh, sorry guys, something is actually coming up that is going to be dividing my attention. This still looks mad fun though, it'll be fun to read. I'm especially liking the prison and megacorp concepts.
Awww. We'll miss you SJ. I'll put Hindu Batman in the setting and keep him on the periphery in case you drop by some time.
Now is a good time to note that anyone is welcome to offer input on any characters actions, history, etc. Among other things, this means that you should feel free to drop out of the campaign for a while if you get burned out. The other players and I will cover for you. Even if you ALL drop out, at this point, the campaign will go on. I'll keep working on this as long as it interests me and I have the time. If you want to come back later, or as a different character, or want to try running one of the other characters in the world, great! Go for it! This is basically just collaborative fiction which I'm volunteering to curate, edit, and improve.
So, you're welcome back any time. And that goes for any lurkers out there as well. If you want to jump in at any point, feel free to do so.

krellen wrote:I'm not sure what the guidelines on what we can or cannot dictate is, so I'm loathe to start writing things and declaring that "this happened", so instead I'm going to just outline some basics I'm seeing as leading to the rise of my company (which I'm going to call Atlantech)...
Any of you can suggest anything, and dictate nothing. I'll grant greater consideration to ideas that pertain to "your characters", and I'll do my best to translate the concepts into the game world.

I read through the ideas, and it's solid for sure. If anything, I'm probably going to scale it back a bit, just to keep Atlantech from being the ad-hoc super power. Atlantech will definately be a major player in world events (as will the rest of your characters, the way things are going). The exact position in affairs is still up in the air. Internal personnel are a shoe-in. History and setting, I'll use as much as I can, for inspiration if nothing else.
I love how Protector-1 could be a hero in his own right in another campaign. But here, he's just another employee. Rock on.

krellen wrote:If we're not a 20X6 Earth setting, details can be tweaked... Atlantis has no neighbours, being an island in the Atlantic...
I'm thinking of putting NUCF on an island as well. Islands are the best! Do you have a preference on what type of island? Arctic glacier island? Volcano island? Coral atoll? A mesa? A crater? A jungle?
User avatar
krellen
Location: The City in New Mexico
Contact:

Re: Savin' the day!

Postby krellen » Fri May 02, 2014 11:33 pm

dudecon wrote:If the ratio is 1 in 5M, then it's 1500+ for the whole WORLD.

Am I just bad at maths, or did both of you just make the same mistake?

The proposed ratio that you approved was 5 parts per million, not one per 5 million. So your assumptions would mismatch theirs by a factor of 25. (5 ppm means, at current population levels, approximately 35k supers in the world.)

If anything, I'm probably going to scale it back a bit, just to keep Atlantech from being the ad-hoc super power.

With that goal in mind, I'd suggest that fusion power is more widespread than just Atlantech (maybe it's easily reverse-engineered). That should level the playing field quite a bit.

Do you have a preference on what type of island? Arctic glacier island? Volcano island? Coral atoll? A mesa? A crater? A jungle?

I'd envisioned Atlantis being basically where the Azores are in the real world. There's an ocean shelf there and I saw the "rise" of Atlantis being that shelf yanked up a few thousand feet.
User avatar
dudecon
Location: Camarillo, CA
Contact:

Re: Savin' the day!

Postby dudecon » Sat May 03, 2014 12:15 am

krellen wrote:...The proposed ratio that you approved was 5 parts per million, not one per 5 million...
Oops! My bad.
krellen wrote:I'd envisioned Atlantis being basically where the Azores are in the real world. There's an ocean shelf there and I saw the "rise" of Atlantis being that shelf yanked up a few thousand feet.
Ahh. From "middle" I was thinking it would be somewhere near the mid-atlantic ridge. So, a few hundred km off shore, instead of a few thousand?
User avatar
krellen
Location: The City in New Mexico
Contact:

Re: Savin' the day!

Postby krellen » Sat May 03, 2014 12:21 am

dudecon wrote:Ahh. From "middle" I was thinking it would be somewhere near the mid-atlantic ridge. So, a few hundred km off shore, instead of a few thousand?

No, your first assumption is right. The Azores are basically the tall parts of the Mid-Atlantic Ridge. They're 1360 km west of Portugal.
PossiblyInsane

Re: Savin' the day!

Postby PossiblyInsane » Sat May 03, 2014 2:09 am

Apologies for confusion regarding self contradictions in Krieg's character, I'l try and express myself more clearly.

Krieg works by chemically converting organic matter into usable materials which he takes into his body, then growing new life-forms from his body. He can give these creatures a built in hive-mind link to his consciousness at the cost of mentally maintaining that creature, and there is only so much multitasking Krieg can do (similar to "F*ck This Game", the more tasks your brain is switching between, the harder it is to do any of them). Alternatively, Krieg can build the life-form with an independent mind, meaning Krieg is free to concentrate on other tasks. The downside of independent life-forms is that they lack the organization and response time of a hive-mind and can overcome the hardwired brainwashing Krieg puts in as a precautionary measure to rebel against him.

To summarize, Krieg can directly control his creatures via a mental link, or he can create independently functioning creatures.

Krieg's creatures are grown from his own genetic material, he just controls how that material grows via nerve signals.

I feel it is interesting to look further into the concept of a hive-mind and figure out the implications and limitations of it. A hive-mind is functionally immortal as long as thinking parts of it exist, but as more and more thinking pieces are added to it, the less human it becomes and the more it becomes something else. Krieg is willing to take the disadvantages that come with having independent creatures as long as he can maintain his humanity. Besides, having the possibility of betrayal in the ranks makes for a more possibilities, in the same way that (hypothetically) giving Atlantech total magical mind control over all it's employees that no-one ever questions or fights against would make for less possibilities and a less interesting character.

For the Homunculi, 'stiched together' is a metaphor for 'rather than reprocessing the entire organism and creating a new one, reprocess spare organic matter into replacement organs to get the corpse back on it's feet'. They are made with repairs to an existing body rather than making an entirely new one.

(Let's say we had a soldier who'd been shot through the head. Rather than absorbing the entire soldier and turning him into a new creature, Krieg absorbs the damaged brain and uses it to create a new brain, then puts the new brain back in the soldier to make a functioning Homonculus.)

Given that we'll be working as a team, the 'Worked for an Atlantech competitor' would be preferable, as it means that we would actually work with each other.

On a moral, possibility of teamwork point, I had envisaged Krieg as being seen as a larger scale, occasionally self doubting Punisher. He works for the greater good through methods that others may find distasteful, but are willing to put up with against a common enemy.
User avatar
CraigM

Re: Savin' the day!

Postby CraigM » Sat May 03, 2014 3:26 pm

dudecon wrote:Yeah, I'm not sure how I feel about it. Is it weird because it's dealing with "privates"? Is it uncomfortable because we don't really want to think of Paula as a woman? Does it seem out of place because "super-hero" settings rarely touch on creative power, and their associated generative anatomy? I'm interested in hearing some feedback on this idea, from anyone really.


There are two reasons I found it a bit uncomfortable, one general, one personal. The general reason being that we, as mostly males playing mostly male characters, the only character with any traits linked to their sexual identity is the female character. It's not opposition to that, just that with most of the other characters abilities being asexualized making hers that personal felt weird. It's not something I am opposed to, as long as it's something to tread lightly around.

The more personal reason is really what made it stand out. Not to get into too much detail, but a close family member is struggling with infertility. So I've seen how that can impact a person, and have learned to be quite sensitive towards it.

Again it wasn't meant to say it wasn't something that could be used, just that it is something to be careful with lest we go to some more objectionable areas.
User avatar
dudecon
Location: Camarillo, CA
Contact:

Re: Savin' the day!

Postby dudecon » Sat May 03, 2014 6:37 pm

CraigM wrote:There are two reasons I found it a bit uncomfortable, one general, one personal.
... with most of the other characters abilities being asexualized making hers that personal felt weird. It's not something I am opposed to, as long as it's something to tread lightly around.

The more personal reason is really what made it stand out. Not to get into too much detail, but a close family member is struggling with infertility...

Dang! Multiplying by the complex conjugate like there's no tomorrow. I can see how this could make RPing Paula difficult. On the other hand, RP is an excellent way to explore novel situations, especially ones that are difficult to address in real life. I think we can handle this with tact; In fact, nothing so far has led me to believe otherwise.

Here's my question then. For you, is the drawback of the discomfort outweighed by the benefit of being able to explore the issue of infertility? If not, we'll go with something else; Superhero power hooks are a dime a dozen.

PossiblyInsane wrote:...Krieg's character, I'l try and express myself more clearly...
Okay. I think I've got the idea. It's going to need some tweaking to fit the setting, but I'll draw up the first draft and we'll gather feedback once you've all had a chance to look it over.

I've made good progress on the key features of the setting. I'll try to resist the urge to elaborate before explaining the broad strokes.
User avatar
Daemian Lucifer

Re: Savin' the day!

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Sun May 04, 2014 1:42 pm

Ok,here is a detailed post containing almost everything:

The ink blot comes from a parallel universe,where 17 is an important number for some reason.Whether they came by magic or science is unimportant,but I prefer magic.Also,whatever experiment brought them here,turned every human present in that (abandoned) warehouse to literal dust,so it is their property now.Anyway,17 minds came trough,and possessed a comic book,absorbing every knowledge of it,and turning it into a single small ink blot.Afterwards,they "read",through absorption,the other comics that were available in that place(there were a lot),and split into 16 humanoid figures,12 of which will be known to the rest of the world,and 1 blob like figure.

For some reason,properties of the absorbed ink are changed(suggesting that the minds are more than just some intangible energy that passed to this world).So while regular ink can dry to be somewhat hard,its still brittle,the ink blot can turn part of it to be as hard as metal(not very hard metal though,so about as hard as copper),or it can turn itself to flow as regular water.It can also,if given enough time and materials(in the appropriate form),produce a non living blot of ink of much more diverse properties(for example,if it gets its hand on iron shavings,in about a day,it could produce an iron rod that is only slightly more brittle,and slightly lighter,than regular iron).

Inks share some of the traits with humans,but in most physical traits they excel.Regular ink blot is a bit stronger than the strongest human,can jump about 3 meters in the air,and can outrun the fastest sprinter by about half a second.However,each of the ink blots will adjust their bodies slightly in order to perform particular tasks,so they will differ from this.

Regular ink blot also doesnt spend any energy in performing a task,but rather spends part of their body(due to heat and moisture),so every day each of them needs to "drink" between 1 and 10 liters (depending on what they were doing) of specific ink in order to keep their form.After particularly excruciating fights however,they may need much more replenishing(from 20 to 50 liters).This absorption is usually followed by a resting period(a couple of hours usually),either in a vat,or in the form of a sphere,that is used to process the useful material and excrete the useless one(usually just liquid and a few solids).However,the closer the absorbed ink is to their required needs,the less of a rest and processing is needed.

Ink blots can also change their shape,to be about 3 times smaller or 5 times bigger then their average form.They can expel parts of them as pellets at high velocities(which can be used as a gun in dire needs).They can thin parts of themselves to about the size of a needle,which is great for lock picking or injecting poisons into victims(which they can cary in their bodies for a short time without absorbing much of it).

Ink blots also dont really have eyes or ears or other senses,but its whole surface can detect changes in electromagnetic radiation,air vibrations,molecular changes and external heat.Thats why every part of the ink acts like all 5 sense,only a bit more pronounced(can see some infrared and ultraviolet colors,can hear some of the infra and ultrasound,etc).

While ink blots are slowly being eroded by heat and humidity all the time,they can form a protective shell around themselves that can protect them from 100°C heat,or from swimming in regular water,but no more than 10 minutes.This shell also requires 10l of their body to form,and leaves the rest of them in a somewhat gooey form,so its not something they can do more than once between resting periods.

Each of the 17 minds requires approximately the size of a humans brain in order to exist,and if any of the blots gets reduced to smaller than that,a mind dies(severing a ball the size of a human brain into two halves will also kill the mind instantly,not just debilitate it).If any of the minds gets destroyed for any reason,after exactly 19.72 hours one of the other minds will split into two,if the right amount of ink is available to hold the mind.If not,the cycle of 19.72 hours repeats.This happens even if a mind is destroyed beyond their telepathic range,so every mind will always be aware of whether the rest are alive or dead,even if they dont know where they are.

Ink minds posses telepathy with a range of about 4 kilometers(4.17605 km) of open space(less the denser the stuff between them is).This allows them to have increased intelligence and much faster reaction times.But,when separated from each other,this leaves them feeling anxious and "lonely".And even though they dont all agree with each other on everything,and even bicker at times,they usually take routes they all agree on(achieve a consensus).

The 17 minds are these:
First one resembles captain america.I will be calling him capink for short,but everyone in the world will know him only as either captain america or steve rogers.He is a bit more emotional than the rest of his team,and is sympathetic to humans and their lives.He will try not to harm humans if its not entirely necessary,and he will try to save them,even if he has to break character,but only if no one will see.He wields an ink shield that,while not indestructible,still is as hard as titanium,and light enough to toss around.It does not fly in physics defying ways,but it has very sharp edges that can cut through armor or flesh.Capink doesnt like to lose it though,because it takes about a week to replace(which is why he has 2 spares ready at all times).

Second one resembles the hulk(hulkink for short).But unlike his comic inspiration,will rarely assume the form of bruce banner.He cares not for the humans around him,and even though he is always smart and in control,he is acting like an uncontrollable beast whenever humans observe him.He doesnt care if he maims or kills any human,but will always attempt to toss a human so that another inkvenger can catch them,or do similar stunts just to keep his kill count low.He also tampered his fists for days,so that at all times they are as strong as steel(one other reason he doesnt like transforming into a human).He also tries to keep his mass a bit lower then the rest of the blots(putting most of it in legs and hands),so he is able to jump up to 8 meters in the air,or run slightly faster,despite appearing bigger than them.

Third one resembles ant-man(pymink).This one is peculiar.Though ink can change their sizes,they cannot shrink to the size of an ant.Thats why pymink created a perfect scale replica of himself that he is carrying around inside of him.It can go on on its own,tethered with a thin cameleon rope,and perform certain tasks.Hence why pymink absorbs more colored ink than the rest,so he can turn invisible while his small proxy is on the prowl.He is also a bit careless with his power,so sometimes he just leaves the small proxy without going back for it,or forgets to turn invisible while the small guy is on the loose.

Fourth one resembles black widow(widowink).She is interested in humans,and somewhat cares about them,but still is very careful to stay in character.She chose someone who is not an augmented human because she prefers to do almost anything in character.And though she can still cheat in certain situations(lockpicking,jumping,etc),she prefers not to.So not only did she study humans,she studied all the various martial arts and spy techniques and various weaponry.

Fifth one is hawkeye(hawkink).An observer of the group,he too doesnt like to break character.His awareness of his surroundings helps him greatly to be extremely precise with his bow.And unlike other inks,he is using an actual bow,though he is making most of his arrows on his own(except for the explosive ones).He can make his own bow if he needs to squeeze through a tight vent,but still prefers to use the custom made one when possible.Like capink,he too cares for humans,and will break character(if no one is watching)to save them.

Sixth one is spider-man(spidink).This one cares just for the role,and he is even willing to let the rest of his team,and even himself,actually die rather than break character.He is using special diet in order to make sticky ink that acts like spideys web,which he will always go back to collect.He also likes amazing spiderman over the Sam Raimi trilogy.

Seventh one is the 3d man(triink).He takes the form of delroy garrett.He is a bit denser than the rest of the inks,in order to be 3 times as strong as a regular human,and while he is not 3 times as fast,he is quite close.He cares about his role and his team,and views humans only as props.

Eight one is mister fantastic(fantastink).He chose this form because it lets him stretch his body without care.He needs nothing special for this,and that suits him well.He too cares only for his team,and not for humans.

Ninth one is invisible woman(invisink).She requires more colored ink,because she doesnt really turn invisible,but projects the background to the other side of her,like pymink.However,she is much more careful and meticulous than pyink,so only the most observant ones can still notice her when she "turns invisible".She can also use parts of her to project a "transparent" forcefield.Unlike her "husband" she does care for humans,and will break character in order to help them(if no one is watching).

Tenth one is swordsman(swordink).Unlike hawkink,his sword is not artificial,but is made out of himself.Same goes for the knives.He too cares for humans,and has studied martial arts rather than relying only on his ink powers.He also uses his sword to project a protective obscuring mist,like an octopus.

Eleventh one is falcon(falconin).He is the only ink capable of flight,by flapping his wings like a bird.Therefore,he is much lighter,and less strong,than the rest of the inks.He cares not for humans,and is all about the role.

Twelfth one is wolverine(wolvink).As the hulkink this one too likes to act like a beast,but is a bit more careful not to kill someone.And while his claws are not indestructible and adamantium strong,they are a bit stronger than the rest of his body,so they can cut as knives.He doesnt care for humans either,but is not that careful not to break his character either.

The other five inks,however,are usually unknown to the rest of the world.Four of them go outside like regular humans,and are there to provide mental support to the other inks,and to help them in dire needs,or to collect stuff left behind.They also do errands like buying equipment and "food".If need be,one of these four will replace one of the 12 for a while.They also do the spy stuff when there is an extra need for secrecy,and are willing to commit suicide if caught(dissolve into a puddle and seep away everywhere).

The fifth of these remains at "home" to maintain the base,do stuff at the computers,and "meditate".This allows his telepathy to expand much farther than the rest,covering roughly 70 kilometers of open space(70.99285km).Also,this is the one that usually replicates the dead minds,and also the one that has the most mass(4 times that of the regular inkvenger).This blot also usually remains in an amorphous spherical form,extending tentacles to operate stuff,rather than assuming a human form.This is the de facto leader of the inkvengers,but they still prefer to vote on stuff than just have one of them dictate everything,even though they will listen to this mind if he overrules the vote.

The main thing these guys want to do is learn everything about the world and its inhabitants.Their second goal is to have fun doing this,which is why they are larping like superheroes.They learned how to get info via computers pretty fast,which is why one of them is so dedicated to working on computers alone.They also learned how important PR is,which is why they constantly do public stunts,catch crooks,prevent robberies,etc,in very spectacular fashions(and try to keep collateral damage to minimum).They are also not beyond staging stuff in order to get better coverage(like sabotaging a train,then preventing a disaster).And,they know the value of money,which is why they do accept donations,but are also dealing with stock,and even in a few shady deals here and there.

As for their base of operations,it needs to be a big city with lots of access to printed comics(or an access to a huge printing factory),and at least a few abandoned warehouses.So if we are using real world geography,this needs to be one of the metropolises(london,new york,tokyo,etc).If not,any country that has a metropolis will do fine.They will usually keep to this city,but traveling abroad is not out of the question,if there is need.

As for relations to the rest:
I guess anyone with big surfing habits has met the hacker,and probably had some "competitions" as to who will crack where first.Also,trying to keep their true nature a secret would require pacification of such an individual,probably via bribery.So a strained competitive-distrustful-neutral relationship.

The NUCF will probably be housing the supervillains these guys manage to catch,so inkvengers will probably be keeping it cool with these guys,giving them (mostly) intact prisoners to lock up,but usually not directly(unless they control the local law enforcement,I guess).

The alchemist should be known to these guys by reputation,but I dont see intersection unless they operate in the same area.If they are,inkvengers will try to establish friendly contact,and even provide her info to target her towards some of the villains she would find interesting.

Same goes for Santa_Jaws's vigilante.

Atlantech will be of interest to the inkvengers,partially due to them playing the good guys,and partially due to them being powerful enough to learn stuff about the ink.So if nothing else,inkvengers will regularly try to hack their computers in order to keep tabs(paying the hacker to do it if needed).If they have a base of operations in the same city,inkvengers will go for physical break ins as well.Though most of these will be done with subterfuge,and not with open confrontation.

Krieg is also of significant interest to inkvengers,and they will try to keep in contact(probably via pseudonim)even if they are not in the same city.If contact ends up being hostile,same stuff as for atlantech will apply.
User avatar
mwchase
Contact:

Re: Savin' the day!

Postby mwchase » Mon May 05, 2014 12:20 pm

Meta: ugh. I've got some really stupid stuff that I've been working through over the past few days. It'll probably be a few more days before I can get it over with. Until then, I'm under too much stress to write up more stuff (and there's plenty more for me to write up).
User avatar
CraigM

Re: Savin' the day!

Postby CraigM » Tue May 06, 2014 12:35 pm

dudecon wrote:I think we can handle this with tact; In fact, nothing so far has led me to believe otherwise... is the drawback of the discomfort outweighed by the benefit of being able to explore the issue of infertility? If not, we'll go with something else


It's fine. I just needed to put that out there before, just to head off any digressions into objectionable territory. In general the people here are pretty good about handling topics respectfully and without getting too upset (unless you start debating Spider-man apparently ;) ). As they say an ounce of prevention > a pound of cure.
User avatar
Daemian Lucifer

Re: Savin' the day!

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Tue May 06, 2014 1:51 pm

I guess all you need now is two children without a parents to teach and youll be set.
PossiblyInsane

Re: Savin' the day!

Postby PossiblyInsane » Wed May 07, 2014 5:32 am

Krieg is likely apathetic towards the hacker simply due to the different worlds they work in; one works with carbon, the other with silicon. If they work together, Krieg will be content if the hacker keeps to his own medium and doesn't interfere too much with the material world Krieg sees the hacker as having isolated himself from (and thus ceded entitlement to, in Krieg's eyes an aloof lord has no right to complain if peasants revolt from his neglect).

Krieg respects the Prison for its work in protecting the public from superpowered criminals, but sees a justice system that expends resources keeping individuals that will only do harm in their lives alive to be fundamentally flawed. He is likely to be more wary of it if the Prison is heavily tied to Atlantech. If the Prison attempts to arrest Krieg, he will likely give them a token body to run through the justice system while he continues work. If they pursue him forcefully beyond that point, Krieg will retaliate with all the forces at his disposal. A mutual understanding similar to Atlantech's arrangements regarding legal boundaries may be beneficial.

Krieg favorably views the Alchemist as a good samaritan, although he does think she could benefit the world more without pesky self imposed arbitrary ethical limitations. The name Homonculi are a way of drawing her attention to conflicts that ethics are seldom seen. He likely views the mystic martial artist in a similar manner.

Krieg is quite interested in the Inkvengers, not only from a mechanical standpoint, but from interest in an intelligent, not quite human viewpoint. His viewpoint varies between Inkvengers, from seeing the Hulk as a barely controlled brute that should be put down the moment it causes more harm than good, to Captain America, whom he respects and likes, but feels should decide whether it's mask or its morals are more important. If Krieg discovers that they cooperate as a group to put lives at risk for the sake of publicity stunts, then he will have significantly less respect for them.

Krieg, partly from an extensive study of the natural world through genetics, respects things for what they are, and has no special dislike of monsters that realize what they are and have no qualms, for monstrous acts are what they do to live and enjoy life. By that same token, Krieg has no qualms about eliminating such creatures, as he is an individual who draws pleasure from a world free of such monsters. He dislikes and cannot respect self delusion, an aberration that he cannot see in the natural world.
User avatar
dudecon
Location: Camarillo, CA
Contact:

Re: Savin' the day!

Postby dudecon » Sat May 10, 2014 11:53 am

So, I had an idea that I was running with for the setting, but it kind of stalled out. I've got another one in mind, but I figured I'd post this one in case you all really like it, or if someone wants to run with it, or whatever. I guess it's also to reassure you that I'm still working on this.

First off, things that I've settled on:
1. I want the setting to naturally incorporate all of the PC concepts. This is ultimately why I don't like the setting outlined below.
2. I don't want powers to be genetic in origin. Genetics implies heritibility, which would quickly lead to super-human breeding and obsolecense of "normal" people. While this is an abnormal outcome, it's also fairly straightforward. In any case, I'm not interested in going there.
3. The majority of the dialogue will be conveyed in English. As much as I'd love to invent a brand new language for this campaign, it seems like too much work. I'd be willing to do something like "translated to english" so that we get weird metaphors, puns, and play-on-words if you all are interested, but it won't have a Tolkien-esque depth. I don't have 40 years to work this up (and believe me, I wish I did).
4. It's going to be an earth-like world, with human-like sapients, in a near-future pre-singularity tech level. No one seems interested in deviating too far from "the norm" and this will make it easier on everyone.
5. Powers have been around for all of recorded history. The whole "a meteor hit and now everything is different!" seems to be cheating. Plus, this gives an opportunity for the establishment of social norms with regards to supers. This, combined with the 5ppm super-human occurrence is the main reason for #2 above.
6. I don't want powers to be transferable, at least not permanently. If they are, then you naturally get super-power predators, vampires, and the like. I'm okay with dark content, but making it a natural part of the core setting isn't something I'm interested in doing.

So, those are all givens going forward, unless there are any major objections. Let me know.

On to the failed setting concept! I'm going to use the indicative for simplicity, but all of the below is likely out, unless you all like the ideas here enough that it outweighs the mis-match with the character concepts.

Supernatural Energy Input Entropy Reversal Nexus, SEIERN, pronounced “Sea-Urn” or just called a “Nex” for short. When it is centered on an individual, a Nexer (derogatory, as a nex generally refers to an inanimate location or object). Superheroes are SEIERN Sapients, or SEIERNS, and have the ability to direct the effects of the field.

In general SEIERNS are more content, happy, healthy, strong, quick witted, long-lived etc. However, due to their superiority to the majority of the species are also less foresighted, cultured, careful, self controlled, and social.

Nex have an effect even when they are not centered on a person. As they reduce entropy, they tend to lower temperatures, making zones of cold weather when they occur in the atmosphere, or icy rock when they occur under ground. When at ground level, they greatly encourage plant growth, which makes Nex the ad-hoc factor in settlement location, as they are an excellent source of food.

However, all Nex can be dispersed. As they are anchored to a physical object (a clump of air, or ground, or flesh) disrupting this object will cause the Nex to disappear. Well, not disappear entirely, I'll go into this later. In any case, killing a super-human makes their powers go away. The amount of change to the anchor that is required differs with each Nex, and degrades slowly with time. This means that, although Nex are valuable for food, they are also fickle. Super-human individuals, as well, inevitably loose their powers. Long-living super-humans tend to become sessile after middle-age in order to not disturb the SEIERN that grants them their powers, but eventually even their circulatory system is too much and the SEIERN disperses. Even new super-powered individuals can loose their powers through too much physical exertion or sustaining major injuries. Air or water anchored Nex tend to last only a few minutes, as their anchor is smeared out through turbulence and convection. A Nex located in stone, however, can last for extraordinarily long periods, and even plant anchored Nex have spans generally measured in centuries.

SEIERN infused animals occur naturally as well. They tend to be reclusive and sleep a lot, and grow larger than normal. Ancient creatures of great power, huge and slumbering in hidden corners of the earth... Yeah, super awesome.

So, where do SEIERN go when they are dispersed? I was thinking they would be tied to the local gravity well, and land in a kind of "lifestream" pool. This pool, in turn, spawns new Nex randomly thruought the world, statistically weighted to the local strength of gravity. In essence, this means that Nex are most likely to spawn at the surface, but can also generate deep under ground, and high in the atmosphere. Because of volumetric effects, this would mean that there would be a huge number of Nex lying out of reach in the ground, deep in the mantle of the planet, in the seas, or up in the air. This leads to constant turn-over, as existing Nex are disrupted through earthquakes, erosion, and fluid flow.

Some more possibilities in this setting:
* A nex could be used as a power source? Harnessing supers directly by injecting nanos into their bloodstream and then taking them back out re-charged? GI circuit plumbing? Full body immersion suit?
* Villains trying to disrupt the structure of the planet in order to initiate a major Nex turn-over? Burrowing into the ground? Colliding a big asteroid? Huge bombs? Other global catastrophies? Gives a logical excuse for "blow up the ocean" type super-villain behavior.
* Some SEIERN are incompatible with life? People randomly die/turn into statues if they are hit with such a Nex?
* Some materials are particularly good at disrupting Nex? "Silver bullet" effects.
* World population? Lower because not as much pop is needed, advance more quickly. Higher because the world can support more people due to SEIERN. Could go either way.
* Since Nex are disrupted by changes in their anchor structure, nano-scale technology is ideal for SEIERN interface. Gives a good excuse for nano-tech being intertwined with super-powers.
* Nex-charged Nano laminate. Use stored energy in nanos so they self-destruct if the effect is lost. Makes materials super-hard, durable, etc. Transferring nex energy to such laminate friendly nanos is termed extraction. Easiest to do with animals, as blood flow and cells are easy to penetrate. Hardest to do with rocks? Magma? Air?
* Nex have hard edges (forms shells)? Soft edges (forms knots)?

So, that was the main idea. The problem I ran into is that this concept doesn't really seem to lend itself to most of the powers that the PC concepts exhibit. Kreig seems to work pretty well, but the others don't seem to jell with it. I feel like this would be an interesting setting to explore, but ultimately doesn't fit with the characters you're interested in playing.

I'm working on a new concept that hinges on extended personal willpower. I'll share it when it's frozen enough to be communicable.
Thanks for your patience!
User avatar
krellen
Location: The City in New Mexico
Contact:

Re: Savin' the day!

Postby krellen » Sat May 10, 2014 1:47 pm

The "establishment of [historical] social norms with regards to supers" of conceit #5 bugs me. While I'm not against the idea of rare historical super powers - it explains and "canonises" a lot of myths and legends - the ideas of supers being something regular, accepted, and incorporated into society isn't the feeling I'm looking for. It implies Superman being used as a transport system or energy source, not as a person trying to protect the people and Earth. I know that might sound weird coming from the guy playing a corporation instead of a hero, but I'm also sort of bugged by being forced to be a "good guy" when my concept is inherently selfish (corporations are soulless sociopaths.)

#6 also has problems, because it eliminates wholly-technologically driven heroes - like I envisioned Protector-1 to be. Protector-1 isn't intended to be an Iron Man-like inventor, but a War Machine-like defender. The suit is the power, not the person inside it. Non-transferable powers further erodes my concept, since super powers would be unable to be scientifically studied and understood; if it can't be replicated, it's magic, not science.
User avatar
dudecon
Location: Camarillo, CA
Contact:

Re: Savin' the day!

Postby dudecon » Sun May 11, 2014 12:28 pm

Question for ALL PLAYERS:
How do you all feel about Krellen and PossiblyInsane playing "bad guys" where they can read what the "good guys" are talking about (and vice versa)? If it's okay with you all, I'm down for it too.

krellen wrote:The "establishment of [historical] social norms with regards to supers" of conceit #5 bugs me. While I'm not against the idea of rare historical super powers - it explains and "canonises" a lot of myths and legends - the ideas of supers being something regular, accepted, and incorporated into society isn't the feeling I'm looking for. It implies Superman being used as a transport system or energy source, not as a person trying to protect the people and Earth.
I guess I should have clarified point #4 by saying that, while I'm planning on it being Earth-like, that doesn't imply any similarity in history, geology, or political structures. Are you expecting to play in a paralell universe Earth of some kind, where these are nearly identical to the real Earth? If not (as was my assumption going forward) the myths you are familiar with will of course be different from the ones in game.

The second objection is more difficult to answer, mostly because I feel like I've been trying to make this clear from the beginning, so a misunderstanding at this point feels like I have failed at some fundamental level. In short, I have intended from the start to run a campaign exactly of the sort that you describe. Anything else seems nonsensical to me. If super-humans existed, even for a few years (or even months!) humanity would have to be uniformly insane to exclude them from structured roles in society. I just don't see any way to reasonably satisfy both my desire for a sensible in-universe treatment of super-humans, and (what I percieve to be) your desire for the opposite. I said right at the beginning:
dudecon wrote:SMBC lands frighteningly close to what I expect most "Superhero" campaigns that I run would morph into
So, unless you can help me to understand how a world in which Superman doesn't do mundane tasks makes any kind of sense, I'm afraid I won't be able to productively address your desire.

I really would love to know how this makes sense though. Anyone feel free to let me know. Why wouldn't supers be something regular, accepted, and incorporated into society?
krellen wrote:I know that might sound weird coming from the guy playing a corporation instead of a hero, but I'm also sort of bugged by being forced to be a "good guy" when my concept is inherently selfish (corporations are soulless sociopaths.)
I'm not opposed to you playing a villain instead of a hero. My uneasiness comes from the OOC tone it sets. The players should feel free to share their plans, ideas, and goals, and having one or more players batting for the other team (so to speak) will dampen that openness. I understand that you are likely quite capable of isolating player knowledge from character knowledge, but I still suspect it would feel unsafe.

As always, I'm open to feedback! (see my question at the top of this post)

Although I agree (in general) with your statements as to the nature of corporations, I fail to see how they differ from individuals. People are, both in bulk and atomically, inherently selfish. Lumping them together makes them no more or less so. Playing as a mega-corporation gives you no extra justification for adopting or discarding "good guy" behavior than does playing an individual. I have no problem with you making non-good-guy-ness part of your character (other than the tone it sets for the group in real life, as mentioned above) but it is not necessitated by the structure of a corporation in real life, and even less required in a fictional world. Put simply, in my campaign, you can play a hero mega-corp... if you want to.
krellen wrote:#6 also has problems, because it eliminates wholly-technologically driven heroes - like I envisioned Protector-1 to be. Protector-1 isn't intended to be an Iron Man-like inventor, but a War Machine-like defender. The suit is the power, not the person inside it. Non-transferable powers further erodes my concept, since super powers would be unable to be scientifically studied and understood; if it can't be replicated, it's magic, not science.
Well, I didn't say technology doesn't exist. In fact, I'm counting on a good deal of technology existing. My intention was that super-naturally endowed individuals not be able to be drained or harvested of their supernatural powers. Supernaturally gifted inventors could still create and distribute highly effective technology (such as battle suits), as long as that technology obeyed the laws of physics.
Also, just because super-powers aren't transferrable, doesn't mean they can't be scientifically studied or understood. Many human organs aren't transferrable between individuals, yet we have some understanding of their workings.
In any case, Protector-1 could certainly have access to super-expensive technology which only a mega-corp could normally afford, without having super-powers of his own.

I feel like I'm not doing an outstanding job communicating here. Sorry for my part in the above misunderstandings. Please let me know if there are other points of contention that I can attempt to clear up, or if my explanations aren't making sense.
User avatar
Daemian Lucifer

Re: Savin' the day!

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Sun May 11, 2014 1:26 pm

dudecon wrote:Question for ALL PLAYERS:
How do you all feel about Krellen and PossiblyInsane playing "bad guys" where they can read what the "good guys" are talking about (and vice versa)? If it's okay with you all, I'm down for it too.


I dont mind,we can do character/player knowledge separation.

dudecon wrote:I guess I should have clarified point #4 by saying that, while I'm planning on it being Earth-like, that doesn't imply any similarity in history, geology, or political structures. Are you expecting to play in a paralell universe Earth of some kind, where these are nearly identical to the real Earth? If not (as was my assumption going forward) the myths you are familiar with will of course be different from the ones in game.


I agree with krellen here.Sure,its not our earth,but some things need to be identical as in our reality(for example,biological needs or taste in art),unless you want to describe every single minutia of regular lives of people.By saying "humans live here" it is implied that they have the same fears,hopes,tastes,abilities,needs,...as real world humans,and if some aspect is different,then only that aspect and everything touched by it needs a description.And large aspects,like every Xth human that ever lived had a super power,touch practically everything.Decreasing such aspect to "only recently every Xth human developed a super power" would reduce the difference enough for it to touch only manageable parts of the society.

dudecon wrote:So, unless you can help me to understand how a world in which Superman doesn't do mundane tasks makes any kind of sense, I'm afraid I won't be able to productively address your desire.


Simple:we dont expect our highly trained swat personnel to deal with speeding violations.If we have just one hercules(superman is problematic because of super speed,so lets not use him) for every town,we will not be using him to erect every wall when we have machines to do that,but we will call him to lift a huge boulder that nothing else can.

dudecon wrote:Why wouldn't supers be something regular, accepted, and incorporated into society?


Because that would stop making them unique.Doctors were very highly praised,even deified,back in ancient times when they were scarce.But now,while still respected,they arent as deified for their skills.So while supers should be accepted and incorporated,they should not be something regular.They should be our Stephen Hawkings,not our run of the mill high school physics professor.And having supers be a recent thing makes that much more plausible than if it were something always present.

krellen wrote:#6 also has problems, because it eliminates wholly-technologically driven heroes - like I envisioned Protector-1 to be. Protector-1 isn't intended to be an Iron Man-like inventor, but a War Machine-like defender. The suit is the power, not the person inside it. Non-transferable powers further erodes my concept, since super powers would be unable to be scientifically studied and understood; if it can't be replicated, it's magic, not science.


With this I disagree.Like youve said,the suit is the power,not the guy inside.So sticking someone else inside would not change the powers,only alter the personality of the character.So the powers would still not be transferable.This is ok because we arent considering humans to be characters we play,but rather concepts(a team,a corporation,a robot,a mutant,...).
User avatar
krellen
Location: The City in New Mexico
Contact:

Re: Savin' the day!

Postby krellen » Sun May 11, 2014 1:28 pm

dudecon wrote:People are, both in bulk and atomically, inherently selfish.

Citation needed.

(For fairness's sake, here's a citation for the other side.)
PossiblyInsane

Re: Savin' the day!

Postby PossiblyInsane » Sun May 11, 2014 2:28 pm

To snip this potentially lengthy argument in the bud before it devolves into a sprawling debate that takes up a few pages of the dedicated superhero RP thread, could we just agree that broad, sweeping, highly debatable statements on human nature are a no-no? There can be an interesting debate free of negative feelings on this topic, but this thread is not the place for it.
PossiblyInsane

Re: Savin' the day!

Postby PossiblyInsane » Sun May 11, 2014 2:39 pm

To answer why superhumans aren't integrated into society as an infinite energy source, the answer is that they are most definitely human. Superhumans may find alternative means to use their powers, some of which may include energy generation, but anyone who is powerful enough to generate energy for an entire city is not going to run on a treadmill in one room 24-7, at least not without getting angry with his/her lot in life and/or going insane (how the hell do you keep Superman in a room, encouraging his use of powers, when he doesn't want to be there?). Perhaps discrimination against supers seen as "not using their powers efficiently for the good of society" would arise and pressure for supers to be used as a resource, but that's what superhero unions are for.
User avatar
Sudanna

Re: Savin' the day!

Postby Sudanna » Sun May 11, 2014 3:33 pm

I really would love to know how this makes sense though. Anyone feel free to let me know. Why wouldn't supers be something regular, accepted, and incorporated into society?


Tons of potential reasons. A stigma due to historical misuse of superpowers (think how atomic energy still has a bad reputation), some portion of superpowered people just not playing along, religious or ideological persecution/ostracization, their existence being kept secret or exploited by a group that cares more about their own power than common welfare, any number of political reasons in a democracy (Superman is stealing our jobs!), something fundamentally unpredictable about superpowers, something questionable about their source. . . No end of options.

The arc of the universe is long, and it doesn't bend anywhere near long-term economic rationality.

Return to “Play-by-Post”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest