Text-based gaming!
PossiblyInsane

Re: Firefly: Into the Black

Postby PossiblyInsane » Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:20 pm

Private masterwork is private and cannot be accessed :(
Skitzophrenik

Postby Skitzophrenik » Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:28 pm

I'm sure you guys are going to do a better job than I was doing in MS Paint yesterday.
CraigM

Postby CraigM » Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:32 pm

Hmm, I had set it to be open to anyone with the link... let me check again.

EDIT: Try now, I've rearranged permissions. also if there are any other components I can assist with (screens, shower, ladders, etc) let me know and I'll poke Illustrator until they look good.
Last edited by CraigM on Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RedSun

Postby RedSun » Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:33 pm

Crap. Yesterday was not a good day to be away from my computer.

Okay, Yun probably wouldn't make sense as a First Mate. I was thinking of her arriving on the Melody the same way as Simon-looking to smuggle through them. Most of the money she took from her family isn't in cash or a bank-she kept it by keeping stock of quite a few very expensive weapons and weapon parts, which she kept hidden among your average black market crap. The crew still probably hasn't seen the extent of what she has, and if they asked, she probably wouldn't show it to them.

That -1 Talent I gave her wasn't just because she's got some crunchy bits on her-Yun isn't very trustworthy. She's friendly enough, but she makes it clear that she's keeping everyone at arm's length. She's not actively looking to betray the crew, and she greatly prefers to Melody to her other lodgings, but she doesn't consider any of them family, at least not yet.

Also, regarding her combat ability: I'll write a bit more about it later today when I write up her appearance, but she's got a bit of shrapnel in her left shoulder that makes it difficult for her to use any two-handed weapon with significant recoil, mainly shotguns, sniper rifles, and fully-automatic machine guns. She knows how to use a handgun, and any kind of taser or energy weapon she could probably rig up, she could use, but unless you want her to build a sentry gun, she's not going to be bringing the heavy artillery.
PossiblyInsane

Postby PossiblyInsane » Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:39 pm

That's a damn fine piano.

EDIT: Computer screens, showers, bodily waste elimination facilities, and chairs would be helpful, if you have the time.
Last edited by PossiblyInsane on Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
krellen

Postby krellen » Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:39 pm

Okay, then Cheong gets the fancy private bunk and Yun in stuck sharing one with Twitch (unless she's booked aboard as a passenger.) Have fun with that!
PossiblyInsane

Postby PossiblyInsane » Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:52 pm

Poor Yun. Karma always finds a way. Unless she's a passenger, in which case karma is temporarily forestalled.
Skitzophrenik

Postby Skitzophrenik » Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:57 pm

Your piano is behind a login.
CraigM

Postby CraigM » Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:58 pm

Ok, would you prefer the .ai files or the .pdf files? I'm guessing .ai, but whatever is best for you.
RedSun

Postby RedSun » Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:01 pm

PossiblyInsane wrote:Poor Yun. Karma always finds a way. Unless she's a passenger, in which case karma is temporarily forestalled.

krellen wrote:Okay, then Cheong gets the fancy private bunk and Yun in stuck sharing one with Twitch (unless she's booked aboard as a passenger.) Have fun with that!

What part of "can build a taser" did you not understand?

Actually, now that I think of it, having the least perceptive member of the crew bunking with me has some distinct advantages .
PossiblyInsane

Postby PossiblyInsane » Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:12 pm

Twitch cannot perceive any difficulties with Yun as bunkmate, because Twitch is too busy staying up and figuring out whether the aliens that look like a cow fetus are real or not. As long as they keep their respective distances from each other, they'll probably get along well enough, even if it is by ignoring each other due to mental issues.
CraigM

Postby CraigM » Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:47 pm

ok I've added a bunch of different components. Use what you can, mock what you cannot. As a box designer my art skills are, different.
PossiblyInsane

Postby PossiblyInsane » Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:53 pm

Melody Renovation Update: Although Yun may be sad to see them go, the Melody has been disarmed and the turret towers converted into free space. The shipment of furniture and hygiene equipment has arrived (and the renovator is very glad of them) and are currently being distributed around the ship.
Skitzophrenik

Postby Skitzophrenik » Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:11 pm

Spectacular, guys! I thought up a bunch of jobs and the like for y'all to do. I'll get up the game thread after work tomorrow. Rugby practice takes up my evenings Tuesday and Thursday nights.
krellen

Postby krellen » Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:39 pm

Ballad of the Melody

Deal the cards,
lose the bet,
guess I still can't pay my debt.
I don't care - can't catch me!
I've still got the Melody.

Hear her hum,
hear her sing,
With her I don't fear a thing.
Watch me run, can't catch me!
I've still got the Melody.

They all try
but can't catch me;
I just love the Melody
Skitzophrenik

Postby Skitzophrenik » Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:04 pm

You're a goober.
Skitzophrenik

Postby Skitzophrenik » Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:21 pm

Make sure those furnishings include a nice card table for the compulsive gambler, guys.
CraigM

Postby CraigM » Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:24 pm

Oh I'm going to work on the power loader now. Figured that might be important. Card table too, no problem.
Jace911

Postby Jace911 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:26 pm

I still can't see the ship. :(
Skitzophrenik

Postby Skitzophrenik » Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:29 pm

The power loader is definitely important. And awesome.
Kavonde

Postby Kavonde » Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:38 pm

I'm seeing some very nice icons that can be placed on the blank floor plan, but no ship. That's correct, right? That's what everyone's seeing?
Skitzophrenik

Postby Skitzophrenik » Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:44 pm

No. I'm being told I have to log into my account at quality color graphics.net
CraigM

Postby CraigM » Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:00 pm

it is completely open to the public now. The Google Drive is only the items. That's my drive, Possibly Insane is handling the ship herself.
PossiblyInsane

Postby PossiblyInsane » Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:17 pm

All right, ship frame and flooring is done and can be found in it's full jpeg glory here. Currently working on placing furniture.

EDIT: Re-figured out how to post image.

EDIT 2: Nevermind, that was abosolutely massive.
Last edited by PossiblyInsane on Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
CraigM

Postby CraigM » Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:21 pm

power loader done and uploaded.

EDIT: Card table too.

Return to “Play-by-Post”