Firefly OOC Thread

Text-based gaming!
PossiblyInsane

Re: Firefly: Into the Black

Postby PossiblyInsane » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:22 pm

I've finished putting in all the furniture you've done, CraigM. All that remains is simple rectangular tables, which I can just make in the program. After that I'll put it up for everyone's purvey/criticism.
PossiblyInsane

Postby PossiblyInsane » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:51 pm

A test means that I will not be able to upload the ship for a few hours, sorry for the delay. :(
Skitzophrenik

Postby Skitzophrenik » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:10 pm

Lookin good, PI!
Lachlan the Mad
Location: I come from the land down under, where women blow and men chunder

Postby Lachlan the Mad » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:17 am

Welp, I've been away from the interwebs for a few days, sorry. I can't contribute to this discussion in any hugely meaningful way, except to say that Bruce will probably sleep in a hammock in the med-bay. He's used to sleeping in medical facilities, since he usually did so in the war. This also means that the men on board ship don't have to deal with his constant snoring and terrible breath (Talent -1 woooo!). He might still use his bunk to store items he doesn't need very often, like his guns and body armour.

By the way, how do we go about requisitioning our starting equipment, Skitzo?
Skitzophrenik

Postby Skitzophrenik » Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:57 am

Don't worry about being away from the interwebs. Unless it results in a situation where we're waiting on you to move forward it's no problem.

As for equipment? Just post here or PM what you want. None of your starting stuff will give you any bonuses anyway, so if you want to specify everything your character has in his pockets be my guest. Just don't go overboard.
PossiblyInsane

Postby PossiblyInsane » Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:22 pm

The Melody has been fully furnished, as you can see below.

If you wish to view everything in the maximum resolution possible, the original jpeg can be found here.
Skitzophrenik

Postby Skitzophrenik » Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:42 pm

That's wonderful you guys! Looks real real good. I'm going to exercise my GM authority by calling all the open space aft of the storage and med bays engineering. No need to go belowdecks to work on the engines and whatnot.

I thought I would be able to bang out a first post this afternoon at work, but we just found out today about a building meeting this afternoon. I can do minor stuff while I'm at work, but I don't want to half-ass the opening post to the game. I predict that I'll get the post up tonight after work and errands and whatnot.
CraigM

Postby CraigM » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:03 pm

Sweet.

As for equipment I'm mostly going to have a wide variety of tools. Including what could be generously described as an industrial grade swiss army knife. No chintzy pocket knife here, this is wrenches, screwdrivers, various bits and bobs, and enough heft to act as a hammer in dire straits.

Other than the tools, wires, various scraps, Shikra is often observed holding a dog eared, well worn, home made book of Alliance craft. Pictures specs, and various scrawling notes, which he steadfastly refuses to let anyone see. Often in tandem with this he carries a small communications device which seems to have limited sensor capabilities.
PossiblyInsane

Re: Firefly OOC Thread

Postby PossiblyInsane » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:09 pm

In addition to equipment outlined above, Twitch will have a journal she uses to keep her current memories straight.
Skitzophrenik

Postby Skitzophrenik » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:21 pm

Writer's block is a FUCKING ASSHOLE.

No post tonight though, rugby practice followed by the bar. Post tomorrow after work seems likely AS LONG AS FUCKING WRITER'S BLOCK GOES TO HELL.

So that's, you know, coming along.
Jace911

Postby Jace911 » Thu Oct 17, 2013 10:24 pm

Watch crime movies and westerns? Works wonders for me.
Lachlan the Mad

Postby Lachlan the Mad » Thu Oct 17, 2013 11:44 pm

I've already tried posting my equipment list and comments on the boat's layout twice, and it disappeared on me both times, thanks to probably-unrelated glitches., I'll edit them into this post later, see if that makes everything shiny.

Edit #1, regarding layout: My only point is that, while Bruce has a bunk and uses it for storage of non-medical gear, he usually sleeps in a hammock in the med bay, so he can be on duty faster. This is a habit he picked up in the longer battles of the war. It also means that the other blokes on ship don't have to deal with the snoring, or the smell.
Lachlan the Mad

Postby Lachlan the Mad » Sat Oct 19, 2013 7:26 am

Dammit, Jace, you are forcing me to roleplay as a man who enjoys beer and is capable of explaining that fact.
Kavonde

Postby Kavonde » Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:18 am

I name dropped a couple of potential NPCs that you may find useful in the future, Skitz. Being the frustrated DM helpful player I am.
CraigM

Postby CraigM » Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:11 pm

I fixed my post. Posted way too late last night and got my timing a bit wibbly wobbly. So in the interest of not making my character a Time Lord I've updated it slightly.
Jace911

Postby Jace911 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 6:58 pm

Lachlan the Mad wrote:Dammit, Jace, you are forcing me to roleplay as a man who enjoys beer and is capable of explaining that fact.

Yes, now you have no choice but to become a connoisseur!

Or we can just jump cut to the market. :p
PossiblyInsane

Postby PossiblyInsane » Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:27 am

These merchants must be really well hidden.
Skitzophrenik

Postby Skitzophrenik » Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:09 pm

Yeah we played rugby this weekend against a team that has some of my college teammates on it, so we enddd up partying and playing gta v all weekend. I'll be back in the saddle this evening before gta v time again.
PossiblyInsane

Postby PossiblyInsane » Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:36 am

It's been a little while since the last Firefly post, you alright Skitz?*

*As this is a text based format, and thus hard to communicate emotions without long description that breaks up the flow of a statement, consider this to be in a curious, polite, slightly concerned tone without hostile or condemnatory connotations.
Skitzophrenik

Postby Skitzophrenik » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:50 pm

Yes, it has. This week has been intense. I am the social chair and communications guy for our local rugby team. In addition to weekly practices on Tuesday and Thursday, this week we had a volunteer thing Wednesday where we dressed as zombie rugby players as part of a scary thing the city does every year. Friday is usually a free night, but University of Maryland played Clemson Rugby at a local stadium, and our former teammate and current Coach's son was starting on the A Side. We played today (as did our women's team) and right now I haven't showered yet and have to prepare my costume for our Halloween bar crawl tonight. I also worked all week.

I'll post Monday after work if I can't work it in tomorrow between the pumpkin patch and dinner at my parent's for my sister's birthday.
PossiblyInsane

Postby PossiblyInsane » Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:22 pm

Completely understandable. Hope you have a fun weekend!
Skitzophrenik

Postby Skitzophrenik » Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:56 am

Craig, please don't post in the first person. Throws me off when I'm reading completely.

I don't know how the weekend is looking. Away game tomorrow 3 hours north of here in PA. The ladies finished their season last week, so my girl Leslie and her teammates will be out of my hair and at a retreat. I might just geek out and nerd it up. I hope we can keep the pace up though guys. This is workable with work, even if it is glacially slow by tabletop standards.
CraigM

Postby CraigM » Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:13 pm

You mean you don't like confusion?

Anyhow duly noted and sorry about that.
PossiblyInsane

Postby PossiblyInsane » Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:50 pm

Note: The worst that could happen is "I work with Skitzophrenik to compile a table of all the bad things that could happen upon Twitch consuming alcohol, then let the dice decide." Poor girl can't even remember if she's had alcohol, let alone what reaction her various organs would have to it.
CraigM

Postby CraigM » Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:37 pm

Hehe, I had considered that. Call this a controlled experiment. Trust me, Shikra was going to be very thorough about securing any sharp objects nearby. Also a bucket and some blankets. Also away from any passengers or gambling devices (the latter strictly for Twitch's benefit).

Mostly I'm just curious to see what Skitzophrenic decides to do. I firmly believe in giving the GM plenty of opportunities for amusing chaos. Also (no reading this Skitz) that is the real experiment, feeling out our GM ;) Lets see how devious and/ or comedic he can be.

Return to “Play-by-Post”