Everyone is John, expect for Traiden. He is everyone else.

Text-based gaming!
Traiden

Re: Everyone is John, expect for Traiden. He is everyone els

Postby Traiden » Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:31 pm

"Getting more money won't be a problem." John, it would be a lot more convincing if you where not shaking while you make dramatic proclamations.

"Oh, we won't have that trouble."
Akri

Postby Akri » Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:34 pm

Stop trembling and ask him what he means.
Traiden

Postby Traiden » Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:37 pm

"What do you-" That is as far as you get into the sentence before the man punches the back of your head, hard. Ohh look stars.

"You used up your right to speak."
(Bid for Control)
Kavonde

Postby Kavonde » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:27 pm

I'm sorry, I zoned out for a bit. What did I miss?

... Oh.

Well. Wonderful. We've been captured by the thugs no doubt working--whether they know it or not--for the evil mastermind we've adopted this incredibly sad and underwhelming cover identity to bring down. You know, if someone hadn't shoved me out of the way back in the car, I could have killed these guys easily and we wouldn't have this problem.

I mean, we'd have lots of other problems, but not this one.

Okay, let's take stock of our situation. We're laying on a bed surrounded by a privacy curtain. There is another man lying on it as well. Then there's the man standing beside the bed, who presumably just punched us. I seem to recall there being a third villain, as well. Perhaps he was badly injured in the wreck, or perhaps he's lurking just out of sight.

Speaking will very likely get us punched again. Let's not do that. Concussions tend to have a negative impact on one's equilibrium.

Listen to me very carefully, John. We've been in worse situations. I can guide you through this.

First, lie very still. Maybe whimper a bit. Be otherwise very quiet until the men start talking again.
Traiden

Postby Traiden » Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:13 am

"Feh, down in one punch..." The men push you aside and start talking to each other, but you can't hear what they are talking about. The ringing noise is to loud for you to make out the words.
Kavonde

Postby Kavonde » Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:46 am

Okay. So the "avoid a concussion" ship may have sailed.

They seem to have bought our "John is an idiotic, useless, and half-mad loser" ruse, at least. Let's slide oursel es off the bed and onto the floor, ride to our hands and knees, and try to make the workd start making sense. We need our legs under us if we're going to try anything.
Traiden

Postby Traiden » Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:06 pm

John slips gracefully to the floor, with only a whisper of sound as the muttering voices continue in the background.
Kavonde

Postby Kavonde » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:30 pm

Hey, that went better than I expected. Okay, John. Take moment to steady yourself. Deep breath.

Then, we'll stand up and attack. The guy on the bed might have a gun, but it'll take him a moment to fumble for it. The standing guy is our first target. Nothing fancy, here: we'll just aim the heaviest blow we can at the back of his neck, right above the brace. Once he drops, we'll duck down so the guy on the bed can't shoot us. Then we'll worry about taking him out.

(I'll spend 2 WP to help make this happen.)
PossiblyInsane

Postby PossiblyInsane » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:13 pm

When dread white steeds whisk hope away
Under vile enchantment do knights fall sway
Upon the weak do villains prey

Those curs impose upon the meek
For those whose future's always bleak
A righteous vengeance we shall wreak!
Last edited by PossiblyInsane on Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
swenson

Postby swenson » Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:17 am

John, it's not to late to let me be in control before we do such a terrible thing... agh, I can't watch! We're all gonna die!
Traiden

Postby Traiden » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:54 pm

John’s training kicks in, his actions guided with the skill of a master, as he leaps nimbly to his feet behind his target. With a grunt of effort the blow connects to the back of the injured man's head sending him boneless to the ground. The man in the bed's jaw drops open as he gapes at the display of unexpected violence.

Congratulations John, you attacked an injured man. Good thing this place is a hospital.
Kavonde

Postby Kavonde » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:36 pm

Ohhh. I wondered why all the walls were warm pastel colors, and why everything smelled like cleaning product. Awesome! There are tons of cool ways to kill bad guys in a hospital.

Is the guy on the bed hooked up to anything? Let's rip his IV out and shank him in the throat with it! I'll think of a witty one-liner while you do that.
Traiden

Postby Traiden » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:52 pm

John, the man in the bed only has a cast on his hips and one leg, they don't have an IV hooked up to him.

"The fuck! Nurse!" The man seems to have gotten past his shock and is calling for someone.
Kavonde

Postby Kavonde » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:06 pm

Weird. They always have an IV hooked up in the movies. I mean, in our previous assignments.

Okay, then let's jump at him and drop an elbow on his presumably broken hip. Then let's get up and run. Look for any signs pointing towards a bar, we need a damn martini.
Traiden

Postby Traiden » Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:33 pm

Switching from the noble art of fist-a-cuffs John leaps into the air shifting to the style of fighting developed in the ring! He extends his elbow for the drop and can hear the shouts in his mind. The landing is perfect, no flaw in his technique to hurt himself when landing on the bed. Now if only you had aimed better and hit the person John.

"Jeeze! Nurse!" The man is reaching over to the machine near his bed.
Kavonde

Postby Kavonde » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:05 pm

You have shamed House Guerrero, John.

Well, we'd better get moving. There's still one more lesson we can impart, though. Stand up and look for the levers near the bed's wheels that lock them in place. Release the locks, then move to the head of the bed and push it out the door. We're using this guy as a human shield.

Don't bother unplugging him from anything. Just try very hard not to trip over any cords, you nincompoop.
Traiden

Postby Traiden » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:30 pm

Looking down at the legs of the bed John finds that these beds are not in any way mobile, no wheels at all. So seeing as there are no latches to disengage John pulls the bed back from the wall with a loud screeching noise as the bed frame scrapes against the floor.
Kavonde

Postby Kavonde » Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:31 am

John... just... for Bond's sake, John. Why would you assume that to be the proper fallback course of action?

Look, we're probably drawing a lot of attention to ourselves now. Just run. Find an elevator, get in, head to the ground floor.
Traiden

Postby Traiden » Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:37 am

John, you are already on the ground floor.

"Nurse!" The man is insesint in his calling. The sound of footsteps draw closer to the partly open door.
Kavonde

Postby Kavonde » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:32 am

Run out the door. Clothesline whoever's coming. Head for the front doors and don't stop running until you're at least two blocks away.
Traiden

Postby Traiden » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:28 pm

The word of the day is "Egress," John, do you know what it means? It means to quickly escape or exit. Something you seem to find difficult, considering we are being held again. The man on the bed is straining as he is holding into your arm.
Kavonde

Postby Kavonde » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:43 pm

Sigh.

Grab his arm with one hand. Pull him up from the bed. Punch him directly in the nose with your other hand. If he hasn't let go, use both hands to pull him out of his bed and slam him onto the ground, preferably on his broken hip.

If he's STILL holding on, start kicking him in the head.

(Spending another 1 WP.)
Traiden

Postby Traiden » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:50 pm

Grabbing the wrist of the man, John hauls him up to a pained gasp escaping from the man has his weight is forced on his injured limbs. Drawing back with his other arm John delivers a powerful blow to the nose of the man sending him limp an as unresponsive as the first man. The limp hand falls from John's arm as he answers the call of gravity.
Kavonde

Postby Kavonde » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:52 pm

Well done, Jonathan. May I call you Jonathan? It sounds much more appropriate to the kind of suave badass who could deliver a knockout punch like that.

Now would be a good time to make egress, though, Jonathan. To the streets! Run!

Return to “Play-by-Post”