Everyone is John, expect for Traiden. He is everyone else.

Text-based gaming!
swenson

Re: Everyone is John, expect for Traiden. He is everyone els

Postby swenson » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:03 pm

Welp, time to be bold, John. Can you manage that? Of course you can. Yank open that curtain and see what else you can find!
Traiden

Postby Traiden » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:18 pm

John grabs a double hand full of fabric and pulls heavily on the curtain, snapping the small plastic hooks holding it up to the metal bar surrounding the bed. The fabric falls squarely over your head, plunging the world into darkness. Good job John! You show that curtain who is boss.
swenson

Postby swenson » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:27 pm

Welp, one enemy vanquished. Remove that curtain, but don't get rid of it just yet. We might have need of a large piece of cloth. One never knows.
Traiden

Postby Traiden » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:36 pm

John dutifully removes the curtain from his face and stuff as much of it as he can into a pocket for safe keeping. The rest of the 12 by 14 cloth hangs out to be dragged behind, but I am sure that will be fine.
swenson

Postby swenson » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:13 pm

But of course it will. Might even impress a few people.

Now look around again, John. Are you alone? Is there anything in the room that might conceivably be useful?

Scratch that, I don't trust you to be able to determine what is or isn't useful. Just tell me what's here, John. And who.
Traiden

Postby Traiden » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:26 pm

There are five other beds in the room; two of them have the curtains drawn around them concealing whoever would be behind them from view. The other beds are empty and covered only in plastic, sheets and pillows tucked neatly under the metal frame of the bed posts. The room is sparse and smells like it was bathed in bleach every night. There are three windows showing a view at street level and the other buildings outside, industrial park buildings by the looks of all the grey brick and steel. The other side of the room has a simple wooden door with frosted glass set at the top. The door is slightly open, allowing the noises of the hospital to fill the room.
swenson

Postby swenson » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:42 pm

Well, no need to disturb anybody. Tiptoe over to the door and open it. Let's see what we can find beyond it.
Traiden

Postby Traiden » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:47 pm

John tips right over to the direction of the door having gotten caught and tangled in the curtain stuffed into his pocket and lands rather hard onto his chest. As you can imagine, it makes quite the racket.
(Bid for Control)
swenson

Postby swenson » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:48 am

John, you... you... you DIMWIT! *sigh*
Akri

Postby Akri » Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:50 pm

Untangle yourself from that sheet, you stupid peasant. You are not some infant, to lay around wrapped in swaddling clothes. And do you think you can manage to actually stand up this time?
Traiden

Postby Traiden » Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:30 pm

John takes the curtain he tripped on and stuffs it into the back of his pants to hold it up out of the way of his legs and stands up.

"What the hell was that noise?" A voice comes from one of the curtain shrouded beds near the windows.
Akri

Postby Akri » Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:48 pm

What are you doing, shoving that curtain into your pants? It's undignified, and you're just going to trip over it. You can barely handle walking under the best of conditions.

Get rid of the curtain, and then open the door.
Traiden

Postby Traiden » Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:04 am

John, you want it one moment and then hate it the next. Ah well, at least you have an excuse for hating the curtain this time. Balled up and over the should it goes, away from your sight and out of mind.

"Gah!" More voices, and now a hand on your should John. This hand is not helpful at all, it is keeping you from exiting the room.
Akri

Postby Akri » Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:20 am

What cur is holding you now? Turn and face them.
Traiden

Postby Traiden » Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:49 am

The man has a cast on his arm and a neck brace, and his face is a healthy shade of purple and yellow what little you can see of it from under the curtain(Don't think about it. It is gone, not important anymore.) With his good hand Mr Black-n-blue is pulling you to the other bed.
Akri

Postby Akri » Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:59 am

Order him to release you, and demand to know what's going on.
Traiden

Postby Traiden » Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:15 am

"Could you please let go of me." John, you have gone through puberty already, your voice does not need to crack like a prepubescent child.

"Not a chance, faggot. Not till we pay you back for what you did to us." The man is clearly angry, he even manages to bring more color to his already patchy face.
Akri

Postby Akri » Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:49 am

How dare they threaten me?! When I have regained my throne I will see them flayed alive and fed to the crocodiles!

But vengeance will have to wait. You can barely manage to walk, so fighting is out of the question. This is highly undignified, but then so is everything else about this horrid situation. I need you to scream for help, as loudly as you can.

While you do that I will be reflecting on the events of my life that could have angered the gods enough to put me in this position.
PossiblyInsane

Postby PossiblyInsane » Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:01 am

Indeed, these undignified and lowly curs would be better fare for our squire to fight. Speaking of which, a squire would be most beneficial in handling the basic tasks that John is incapable of, like opening a door.
Traiden

Postby Traiden » Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:16 pm

John takes a deep breath in preparation for the scream. Opening his mouth John finds the curtain does indeed taste like bleach.

"You're not doing that again. John. Not yet anyway." The man pushes you behind the privacy screen of the bed. Another man is laying on it, alert and looking very angry.
Akri

Postby Akri » Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:31 pm

Ammit take me, how useless can you possibly be?! You can't fight. You can't scream. You're barely able to walk.

Hmm, with my cunning, we might be able to use that last one to our advantage. If you fake a seizure, it may surprise them and give us--what am I saying, 'us'? It may give me time to figure out an option for escape.

All you have to do is flail about. Even you should be capable of that.
Traiden

Postby Traiden » Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:39 pm

John starts to shake his body in a pathetic imitation of a seizure, with the curtain in his mouth he can not work up a good foaming mouth to complete the look. To the untrained eye it would seem as if John was shaking in fear.

"Oh don't worry, we will get our money back from you one way or another." The man who dragged you speaks, his voice strained.
Akri

Postby Akri » Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:01 pm

Well that's heartening. They can't get money from you if you're dead, which is probably the only hope either of us has right now.

Go ahead and keep shaking--them thinking you're terrified is almost as good as thinking you're having a seizure. If you can, take the cloth out of your mouth and say "I have the money." If you can't get rid of the cloth try and say it anyway.
Traiden

Postby Traiden » Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:17 pm

"I have the money." Huh John, you are speaking intelligibly again. You even managed to spit the curtain out of your mouth and everything.

"Oh, we found that stash you hid in the yard. We are talking about the interest you owe now."
Akri

Postby Akri » Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:29 pm

Oh good, you're not completely worthless.

Tell him that getting more money isn't a problem.

Return to “Play-by-Post”