Hello, John. The OOC thread.

Text-based gaming!
anaphysik

Re: Hello, John. The OOC thread.

Post by anaphysik » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:45 pm

(Did I kill this just by wanting to play :< ?)
Akri

Post by Akri » Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:55 am

Yes, it's all your fault :P
Traiden

Post by Traiden » Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:00 am

No, you caught me at a bad time, moving back to Germany and all. i want some time to play my video games and catch up on the things I want to do online now I am back home and able to go yes this is me, don't shut down my card because It is being purchased form overseas..
Daemian Lucifer

Post by Daemian Lucifer » Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:35 pm

And so,poor insane John falls asleep,never to wake up again.No one noticed him lying on the street because everyone was in their homes,playing video games.
PossiblyInsane

Post by PossiblyInsane » Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:33 pm

Daemian Lucifer wrote:And so,poor insane John falls asleep,never to wake up again.No one noticed him lying on the street because everyone was in their homes,playing video games.

Illicit Grandoise Automative Procurement the Fifth: Captor of Men, Comatoser of John.
Traiden

Post by Traiden » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:37 pm

Sorry, I just have little motivation for this game right now. No fault of anyone here. I will kick this game into gear again once I get over my latest bought of ennui and depression.
Daemian Lucifer

Post by Daemian Lucifer » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:10 am

Traiden wrote:Sorry, I just have little motivation for this game right now. No fault of anyone here. I will kick this game into gear again once I get over my latest bought of ennui and depression.

Ok,so which one of us is going to go to Traide to "motivate" him?
Akri

Post by Akri » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:25 am

Anybody know how to do Force Suggestion through the internet?
anaphysik

Post by anaphysik » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:17 am

Traiden wrote:Sorry, I just have little motivation for this game right now. No fault of anyone here. I will kick this game into gear again once I get over my latest bought of ennui and depression.
But the fact that I haven't yet gotten to play in this game is what's brought on MY latest bout of ennui and depression!

Guilt Trip Mode ACTIVATE
swenson

Post by swenson » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:28 pm

anaphysik wrote:
But the fact that I haven't yet gotten to play in this game is what's brought on MY latest bout of ennui and depression!

Guilt Trip Mode ACTIVATE

It's all your fault, you know. :)
anaphysik

Post by anaphysik » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:53 am

You know, we can all see you posting in the /other/ RP threads, Traiden :P
Traiden

Post by Traiden » Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:18 am

Fine i shall shirk my role as everyone else no longer. Akri, you are in control.
anaphysik

Post by anaphysik » Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:33 am

Derp, guess I should have bid even higher. Consarned random die roll...

Luckily, Akri's good with cats, so this angry and potentially spiteful woman should be easy to deal with *badumtish*.
swenson

Post by swenson » Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:23 pm

Hmm, what were we doing again?

Although in a game of Hello, John, I doubt remembering what happened before is actually all that important.
Traiden

Post by Traiden » Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:26 pm

Yes, that is the correct attitude to take with this kind of game. Though we were last seen trying to jump around downtown attempting to hijack a car and getting maced for our efforts.
anaphysik

Post by anaphysik » Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:31 am

Well, since this is almost definitely dead:
anaphysik's PM wrote:ok, ok, I'll join in on the madness :D

Skills: Cooking, Cleaning, Carrying Heavy Things
Willpower: 7 (and I'll bid 3 of that for the upcoming control)

Obsessions:
1: John is a good boy and gets his apologies accepted
2: John is a bad boy and gets grounded (as in, literally slammed into the ground)
3: John gets married (or close enough, especially if Johnlets are involved)

(note: obsessions 1 & 2 (minor and moderate) could be flipped if you think that's better. Being 'grounded' seems more likely than people actually seeming to accept John's clumsy apologies ("John apologizes" felt much too easy, so needed some qualification), but I put it as moderate because getting slammed into the ground is inherently risky, and may very well cause a bid for control)

Personality-wise, I'll be going for 'overbearing parental figure.'

---

I was only planning on giving this personality Cleaning & Carrying Heavy Things (my, how ever could those be lumped together... certainly not for anyone who may have a background working for shady people who tend to leave bodies laying about...), but I added Cooking (to fit with the apparent 'chores' theme) to reduce my willpower down to a level more similar to everyone else's (hence also the high bid).

Also, I recommend giving everyone some extra willpower, so that we can keep the game going longer, rather than simply stopping at 0 for everyone. (Also, this would let people at or close to 0 (Anster, Kavonde, PossiblyInsane) to keep playing, rather than feeling like they're stuck sitting out :/ ). Screw the rules, you're the GM! ;)
I had thought that 3 would be more than enough, given that the highest willpower at the time was 5 (IIRC), and most of the others were significantly lower than that. Had I expected otherwise, I wouldn't have wasted the 3 willpower on Cooking, and would have just bidded higher to bring my total willpower down to a more comparable level to everyone else's.

--

I was pretty interested in the "Before you can hop away to your next misadventure at grand theft auto the world erupts in a flash of pain and spice. The woman you tried to drag along just Maced you John." Bid for Control scenario (and again, had expected to win that bid), so I ended up writing up a response to it while waiting for Traiden to resume the game.

It's a little long and involved, perhaps, but I just wrote what came to me (plus, it would be the first showing of this personality, so I guess I felt more exposition wouldn't hurt). (Note that I was going for 'overbearing parental figure,' and that the ill-defined 'father-uncle-mother-father' parental figure was one of the first things I had thought of when it hit me to join the game. It only really became an expressly abusive personality when I started writing, mind.)
Johnraham Johnward Johningway, Johnior! What have we told you about wantonly abducting young ladies? Always do a ring check first, buttercup! There's no fruit to be had in slinging her over your shoulder if she's just going to run back to some other TWO-TIMING BASTARD instead of taking care of ou- we mean, your prospective little Johnlets. You just consider yourself lucky you only got a time-out this time - don't make us pull out the gravity and ground you again!

Now, dear, you stop blubbering and you listen to your father-uncle-mother-father right now, and you listen well. NO TALKBACK, JOHNRAHAM JOHNWARD. Now, since you've only BUGGERED THIS ONLY HALFWAY TO HELL, you just take that cleaning solution you so thoughtfully picked up, and squirt it right into your eyes to get rid of the booboos and make yourself presentable. And if it still hurts, then you just KEEP YOUR STUPID PIEHOLE SHUT ABOUT IT and father-uncle-mother-father will kiss it later to make it feel all better. Then you put a proper puppy-eyed look on your handsome little face, and you look prim in your proper doctor's uniform, and you give a proper apology to the nice, pretty, nubile young lady.
(...Honey, if you can't think of any, try the one we BEAT INTO YOUR WORTHLESS BACK after you bowed too shallowly to that Minnesotan-Canadian translator you could have had a chance with. (Bilingual Johnlets, Johnraham Johnward! WE COULD HAVE FUCKING HAD BILINGUAL JOHNLETS.))

And do check for that ring, would you? (Try using your GODDAMN EYES this time, would you, sweetpea?)

(For the "John pulls the collar of his suit up and rubs his eyes to clear them of tear and beer. With it he brings more of the pepper spray into his eyes causing them to burn once more with pain." Bid for Control, John had moved well away from any particular scenario (I'd rather respond to something interesting that someone else or the collective players had created, rather than hop off somewhere else), so I wasn't interested in RPing that, and thus bid 0.)

Anyway, maybe this'll at least inspire the others to post their hidden stuff. Or whatever.
PossiblyInsane

Post by PossiblyInsane » Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:53 pm

I am sorry that the Johnlets never came to life. I intended with John Quixote to take charge of a bulldozer from the construction site, ram it into the hospital to interrogate the thugs on the location of their nefarious master, and continue riding the bulldozer all the way there, perhaps using chivalric poetry to inspire the general populace to aid me in my cause.
anaphysik

Post by anaphysik » Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:43 am

Oh, and I was also going to mention that I expressly and intentionally DIDN'T give John 'Good Manners' as a skill. Obviously, that would make it too easy to get his apologies accepted, but even more than that, while the personality could beat the chores into John, it couldn't beat in what it /really/ wanted John to learn.