Paranoia - The game thread

Text-based gaming!
Lachlan the Sane
Location: I come from the land down under, where women blow and men chunder

Re: Paranoia - The game thread

Postby Lachlan the Sane » Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:31 am

Mindful of Team Leader's orders, but also strongly suspecting the BRRRZT-O-Matic of being even more evil than it appears, Loki-R carefully seals it in its box, and then places it on the ground and steps away. He then turns to the Team Leader and salutes in a slow exaggerated manner.

"SIR! TEAM LEADER, SIR! WORKING THOUGH THE BRRRZT-O-MATIC MAY BE, SIR, IT HAS ALSO BEEN DISTRACTING US FROM OUR MISSION PARAMETERS WITH ITS BUTTONY WAYS, SIR! THESE SORRY SACKS OF EXCUSES FOR TROUBLESHOOTERS HAVE BEEN PLAYING WITH BUTTONS INSTEAD OF FULFILLING OUR CORE MISSION PARAMETERS OF FIXING MR. SCRUBBY, LOCATING MY HYGIENE EQUIPMENT, FINDING COM-R-ADE, COERCING HIM INTO LEADING US TO ADE SECTOR, AND BLOWING THE EVER-LOVING CRAP OUT OF SOME COMMUNIST SCUM, SIR! I SUSPECT, SIR, THAT THE BRRRZT-O-MATIC IS, IN FACT, A COMMUNIST DEVICE, DESIGNED TO DISTRACT US WITH DASTARDLY BUTTONS SO THAT THE COMMUNISTS CAN COMPLETE THEIR TREASONOUS PLANS, SIR! IF YOU WANT MY ADVICE, SIR, THE BRRRZT-O-MATIC MUST BE DESTROYED IMMEDIATELY, SIR!"

Loki-R then walks over to Chip-R-OLL, and starts kicking him in the side. "WAKE UP, MAGGOT!"
Kavonde

Postby Kavonde » Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:04 am

"Um, but the Brrrzt-o-Matic was given to us by Orange technicians. Isn't accusing them of being commies traitorous?"
Akri

Postby Akri » Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:28 am

"I'm sure Loki was just trying to make a joke, on account of how happy he is. I mean, look at how enthusiastically he's following orders to wake Chip. He even gave Chip a friendly nickname! ...He should probably leave the jokes to me from now on, though."
Lachlan the Sane

Postby Lachlan the Sane » Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:59 am

"I'M NOT NECESSARILY" <kick> "ACCUSING THOSE PARTICULAR TECHNICIANS" <kick> "OF BEING COMMUNISTS." <kick> "IT COULD HAVE BEEN" <kick> "ANYONE INVOLVED IN THE DEVELOPMENT" <kick> "OF THE BRRRZT-O-MATIC." <kick> "IF IT WERE UP TO ME," <kick> "AND WITHIN MY CLEARANCE LEVEL," <kick> "I'D HAVE THE LOT OF THEM EXECUTED." <kick> "JUST TO MAKE SURE." <kick>
4th Dimension

Postby 4th Dimension » Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:16 am

You do remmeber Loki our orders. We are to kill them and destroy the building they are in. And how do you propose we do that now that we ahve lost the explosives. By pounding the building supports with your head? BRZZT-O-Matic is our ticket in, if we can spawn some sort of combat bot.
Akri

Postby Akri » Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:06 pm

"Hmmm..." I walk around Loki, looking pensive. "He does have a rather sturdy-looking head. Could probably take out a few supports with that. The kicking might be more effective, though."
Traiden

Postby Traiden » Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:08 am

"I am now awake, and in great amount of pain." Chip-R stands up and loos around to see that the Team Leader is here. "Hello Team Leader, what are your orders for me."
Skitzophrenik

Postby Skitzophrenik » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:09 am

Gene-R-ALL doesn't bother to introduce himself to the others yet; he just stands there and takes it all in. It appears that the rumors he had heard from his fellow clones in the Army were true: Troubleshooters are all mad. There could be no other explanation cor what he seems to be seeing.
4th Dimension

Postby 4th Dimension » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:29 am

I am told that one of the duties of the Hygiene officer is to tend to the wounded. Loki, get Carter better. Lily maybe some happines would be good for our equipment officer.

Also, this fine clone here * points at Skitzophrenik's character * is Gen-R-ALL, and he is supposed to be our driver, and as such we will be issued with a fine vehicle.
Gen-R-ALL I trus you are armed since with the exception of Lilly and Diana (* I point at the clones*) the rest of us are unarmed. Unless you count Loki's increasing mental instability.
Skitzophrenik

Postby Skitzophrenik » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:37 pm

Gene-R-ALL pats the holstered laser pistol on his hip.

"They saw fit to arm me at the PLC. I received my wake-up alert late this morningcycle, and have been rushing to catch you up. Some introductions would be appreciated, and a summation of our mission; all of the self-destructing briefing documents had self-destructed by the time I reported to Goo-O-GLE."
4th Dimension

Postby 4th Dimension » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:50 pm

Our mission was to infiltrate a dangerous group of communists in ADE sector using FC issued blue communist caps. Once inside we were to set explosives and blow their complex out of existence. We were issued caps and explosives but due to an unfortunate accident in R&D (when I got gloriously disintegrated) we lost both of them, since the surviving troubleshooters forgot to search our corpses for them. But we did get a nice, and not lethal to user at all, experimental rifle and a helmet that can deflect incoming fire. Also after we were cloned some of us were missing the equipment we had at the point of our death (mostly our weapons).

Thus to summarise, we have no infiltration gear, not demolition gear in a mission where we are required to infiltrate and sabotage. Our Hygiene officer has so far managed to destroy sanity and bodies of quite a few of the Troubleshooters, and has been insubordinate ever since he was cloned. And we all have died multiple times so far and we have yet to leave home sector. In other words this mission is progressing EXCELLENTLY!
Akri

Postby Akri » Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:56 pm

"Ooh, I've been working on some jokes, I bet they'll make Chip-R loads happier!"

I make a big show of clearing my throat.

"Ok, so a warbot and an IR clone are walking down the hall, and the warbot asks the clone--no, the clone asks the warbot what the best thing about being a robot is. And the warbot says, 'well, if you carry the four'--wait, no, that doesn't happen yet. He says something about...gears? And then the clone...no, and then the warbot...no, another warbot shows up, and then they both....um....Well I can't really remember, but the punchline is 'kerfluffle.'"

I wait expectantly for the laughter to start.
Lachlan the Sane

Postby Lachlan the Sane » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:52 pm

Loki-R laughs at the Happiness Officer's joke. "HAHAHA. HAHAHAHA. HAAAA. HAHAHA... HAAHAHA?"

He then turns to Gen-R-ALL. "I MUST ALSO POINT OUT THAT WE SHOULD DEFINITELY FIX THIS ROBOT." I hold up Mr. Scrubby. "HER NAME IS MR. SCRUBBY. SHE IS A VALUABLE MASCOT FOR OUR TEAM, AND SHE CAN ASSIST ME IN CLEANING THINGS!"
Last edited by Lachlan the Sane on Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kavonde

Postby Kavonde » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:09 pm

"I'm Diana-R." She's barely audible compared to Loki-R's booming shouts. "I'm the Communications Officer. Um. And this is Fou-R, our Team Leader, and this is Lily-R, our Happiness Officer, and the other three are Com-R, Chip-R and Loki-R, and there's been a lot of confusion about who is what officer, and I kind of lost track after awhile, with all the shouting and shooting and explosions."
Skitzophrenik

Postby Skitzophrenik » Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:00 am

Gene-R-ALL nods, and clasps his hands together in front of himself with a clap. He looks grim, but determined.

"Fantastic. Pleased to meet the lot of you. I'm sure it will take me a mkment to remember your names correctly, and I apologize in advance for any faux pas.

"I gather that you need to root out communist traitors somewhere and destroy them? But this is R&D for the sector, is it also the location where the mission was intended to be carried out? Why was I assigned to be the driver in that case?"
Lachlan the Sane

Postby Lachlan the Sane » Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:35 am

"THE COMMUNISTS ARE IN ADE SECTOR. ONE OF OUR TEAM MEMBERS, MR. COM-R-ADE, WAS DESIGNATED TO GUIDE US THERE, AS IT IS HIS HOME SECTOR. HOWEVER, HE WENT MISSING WHEN WE WERE ALL HYPNOTISED BY THE EFFECTS OF THE COMMUNIST BUTTONFUL DEVICE KNOWN AS THE 'BRRRZT-O-MATIC'."
4th Dimension

Postby 4th Dimension » Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:41 am

He made several attempts to go missing even before that Loki, under the guise of looking for something warm.
Chip, you okay now? If so would you mind picking up BRRZZT-O-Matic? We need to start moving. Also would you mind spawning another cleaner bot for Loki? As a temporal substitute?
Lachlan the Sane

Postby Lachlan the Sane » Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:58 am

"SIR, I MUST PROTEST. FIRSTLY, I AM THE ONLY PERSON PROVEN TO BE IMMUNE TO THE COMMUNIST BUTTONY HYPNOTISING EFFECTS OF THE BRRRZT-O-MATIC. SECONDLY, MR. SCRUBBY IS SPECIAL AND NO TEMPORARY BRRRZT-O-MATIC-SPAWNED WANNABE CAN MATCH HER. THIRDLY, I'M STILL HOLDING THE DISINTEGRATION RIFLE."
Traiden

Postby Traiden » Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:44 am

Chip-R looks around for the BRRRZT-O-Matic and picks it up. "As you command Team Leader. Hello Gene-R, I am Chip-R the Equipment officer."
Lachlan the Sane

Postby Lachlan the Sane » Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:53 am

"MISTER CHIP-R, MAY I AGAIN POINT OUT THAT I AM STILL HOLDING THE DISINTEGRATION RIFLE, AND THAT YOU ARE HOLDING A POTENTIALLY HYPNOTIC COMMUNIST/BUTTON CONSPIRACY DEVICE, TO WHICH ONLY I AM IMMUNE?"
Akri

Postby Akri » Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:57 pm

"Wasn't Mr. Scrubby spawned by the BRRRRZT-O-Matic? Maybe that means it's not a commie device."
4th Dimension

Postby 4th Dimension » Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:14 pm

You let a dangerous clone that was using a teammate as an unwilling shield and hostage not so long ago, have the disintegration rifle. Really?
Also Loki, you are refering to a device that spawns FC's little helpers as communist device? An object that has been developed by our heroic R&D under direct guidance of the FC as a communist device. The same device was supposed to be given to us all along but was missing during our "visit". Thus this device is part of our mission.
Chip-R, are you armed?
Kavonde

Postby Kavonde » Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:50 pm

"He has half of the Brrrzt-O-Matic," Diana-R observes. "But I think that's the barrel end, not the trigger end."
4th Dimension

Postby 4th Dimension » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:14 pm

Eh? You broke the Brrrzt-O-Matic? What were you up to while I was gone?
Kavonde

Postby Kavonde » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:17 pm

"I don't think it's broken. It's just that Loki-R is holding the other end."

Diana-R pauses, then blinks. "Wait, no. The Brrrrzt-O-Matic is different than the disentegration rifle? Lily-R, are you sure you have the right happiness pills? I might be seeing things."
Last edited by Kavonde on Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Play-by-Post”