Paranoia - The game thread

Text-based gaming!
Daemian Lucifer

Re: Paranoia - The game thread

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:40 am

Lachlan the Mad wrote:(I'm assuming that Mr. Scrubby looks like a small street-sweeper, with two revolving brushes?)

Actually it has one manipulator claw,and one small (about the size of the palm,without fingers) round brush that does indeed spin.Although,now that its gears are locked,it doesnt spin that well,and you can use it as a stationary brush.You can do it,but it will take you a lot of time.So,are you guys going to sit there while he is cleaning the rifle with this small brush,or are you going to walk somewhere in the meantime?
Traiden

Postby Traiden » Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:44 am

Chip-R picks up and opens the box holding the BRRRZT-O-Matic and presses the robot summon button. "Loyalty Officer, please make sure you have noted the disobedience and compliance of the Hygiene Officer."
Lachlan the Mad
Location: I come from the land down under, where women blow and men chunder

Postby Lachlan the Mad » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:27 am

I guess I would have had to drop the BRRRZT-O-Matic to start using Mr. Scrubby's brush on the rifle, but I'm not happy to see you using it.

I should be able to hold Mr. Scrubby under one arm, the rifle under the other, and then use my hands to work the scrubbing brush, all while still walking, right? Because I'm not going to sit here cleaning while the rest of you go off on adventures.
Daemian Lucifer

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:43 am

Traiden wrote:Chip-R picks up and opens the box holding the BRRRZT-O-Matic and presses the robot summon button.

*!!!BEEP!!!*

And a new bot appears,one slim,stubby,and about as high as a regular clone,with artificial red and infrared hair on its head,where a wide red smile is drawn.In then pushes one of its numerous manipulators inside its chest compartment,produces something,then flings it.A plate of gelatinous foodstuffs hits Chip-R in the face,slowly dribbling down it,while the bot emits a mechanical:
HA--HA--HA--HA--HA

Lachlan the Mad wrote:I should be able to hold Mr. Scrubby under one arm, the rifle under the other, and then use my hands to work the scrubbing brush, all while still walking, right? Because I'm not going to sit here cleaning while the rest of you go off on adventures.

Yup,you can walk and clean.
Lachlan the Mad

Postby Lachlan the Mad » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:53 am

I join in with the clownbot's laughter. Chip-R deserved that. Woe betide those who play with buttons instead of finishing our mission!
Akri

Postby Akri » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:58 am

I jump up and down, laughing and clapping my hands with glee.

"It's a clown bot! How fantastic is that? Ooh, I wonder if it tells jokes, or sings--we could do a duet! Oh I am going to have so much fun with this! He is coming with us, right guys?"
Lachlan the Mad

Postby Lachlan the Mad » Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:03 am

"IF I CAN KEEP MR. SCRUBBY, THEN YOU CAN KEEP THIS CLOWN ROBOT. I SUGGEST THAT YOU PICK HIM UP AND YELL AT HIM A LOT. THAT HELPS YOU MAKE ROBOTS INTO YOUR FRIENDS!"
Kavonde

Postby Kavonde » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:16 pm

"Please stop shouting," Diana-R murmurs.
Traiden

Postby Traiden » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:57 pm

"Haha, so funny Clown-bot. i have the perfect response." Chip-R presses the BRRRTZ button.
Daemian Lucifer

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:40 pm

brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

The mechanical laughter instantly stops.
Akri

Postby Akri » Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:04 pm

"Aww, we didn't get to hear if he had any jokes. Ah, well. I guess I just have to continue doing all the morale-boosting myself. Gonna have to remember that food-in-the-face thing. That was a hoot."
Lachlan the Mad

Postby Lachlan the Mad » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:14 am

"MISTER CHIP-R-OLL, I HAVE WARNED YOU PREVIOUSLY ABOUT EXCESSIVE USE OF BUTTONS. PLEASE DISCONTINUE YOUR USE OF BUTTONS, AND BEGIN RESOLVING OUR MISSION PARAMETERS!"
Akri

Postby Akri » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:36 pm

I start making faces at the inert clownbot even though it can't react.
Akri

Postby Akri » Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:25 am

I eventually get bored of making faces, and turn back to my fellow troubleshooters.

"So are we gonna leave soon, or what?"
Lachlan the Mad

Postby Lachlan the Mad » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:38 am

"I WILL LEAVE WHEN THIS BUTTON-PUSHING NINNY LAYS OFF WITH THE BUTTON-PUSHING AND RETURNS THE BRRRZT-O-MATIC TO ME."
Akri

Postby Akri » Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:30 pm

"What if he pushed buttons while walking?"
Traiden

Postby Traiden » Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:37 pm

"Good Idea!" Chip-R does just that, walks away in a random direction and presses the robot summon button.
Daemian Lucifer

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:03 pm

Random direction you say....?You do know that there are only three directions from where you are standing,a closed door,an orange road and a safe road.Do you really want the dice to decide a path for you?
4th Dimension

Postby 4th Dimension » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:59 pm

Daemian Lucifer wrote:Random direction you say....?You do know that there are only three directions from where you are standing,a closed door,an orange road and a safe road.Do you really want the dice to decide a path for you?

You are getting out of practice :D When a player gives you that kind of power you helpfully do EXCATLY what he said. You might even help his dice along a bit by reroling "Unwanted" results :D
Lachlan the Mad

Postby Lachlan the Mad » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:45 am

"I CONTINUE TO OBJECT TO THE PUSHING OF BUTTONS. I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO POINT OUT THAT, UNDER ALPHA COMPLEX ORDINANCE 5.31-800/8, A TRIGGER IS NOT CONSIDERED TO BE A BUTTON."
Daemian Lucifer

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:52 pm

Fou-R arrives,followed by someone you never saw before(and that guy also has a badge like yours,only it says D).And they arrive just in time,to see Chip-R try to walk through closed door,and falls,once more,to the ground,BRRRZT-O-Matic falling next to him.
Akri

Postby Akri » Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:47 am

"Welcome back, Team Leader. Do we have another Troubleshooter?"
Lachlan the Mad

Postby Lachlan the Mad » Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:03 am

Loki-R picks up the BRRRZT-O-Matic again, putting it back in its box, where it belongs.
4th Dimension

Postby 4th Dimension » Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:41 pm

* I see what is going on and facepalm *
Loki last warning.
1. Put down the BRZZT-matic down
2. Step away from it
3. Wake up Chip-R

OR DIE I swear to Friend Computer I'll make your life a bloody ruin! You are not equipment officer and you have no rights to assign yourself new equipment. It allmost makes me think that you might be part of some sort of conspiracy that tries to take away our only working piece of equipment.
Kavonde

Postby Kavonde » Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:03 pm

"My helmet works... mostly... " Diana-R objects quietly.

Return to “Play-by-Post”