Paranoia - The game thread

Text-based gaming!
4th Dimension

Re: Paranoia - The game thread

Postby 4th Dimension » Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:13 pm

* I start moving to the side trying to get a good line of fire with the rifle. I'm instructing it to hit Loki-R with minimum collateral damage *
LILY get Diana away from him, and check if she is okay.
Kavonde

Postby Kavonde » Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:16 am

Diana is still standing completely motionless beneath the protection of her helmet. She finally seems to snap out of whatever panic-induced fugue state had paralyzed her, and steps slowly to the side so that she's pressed against the wall.
Lachlan the Mad
Location: I come from the land down under, where women blow and men chunder

Postby Lachlan the Mad » Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:11 am

"DO NOT SHOOT ME, SIRS! I WAS MERELY ATTEMPTING TO ENSURE THAT WE PROCEED ON OUR MAIN MISSION! TIME IS PROGRESSING, AND THOSE COMMUNISTS ARE GETTING FILTHIER BY THE SECOND!"
Daemian Lucifer

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:43 pm

Chip-R jumps onto Loki-R,and pushes him to the ground.While falling down,Loki-R reaches for the box,but manages to only grab the broken lid.He smashes Chip-R over the head with it,which promptly knocks him out.Loki-R starts to get up,when a sudden yell and a thump are heard.Fou-R is standing there with disintegration rifle next to his feet,and blood gushing from one of his hands.It seems he is missing an index finger.
Akri

Postby Akri » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:55 pm

I look from Fou-R's bleeding hand, to the rifle, and back again.

"Do I need to sing another song about how to aim properly?"
Lachlan the Mad

Postby Lachlan the Mad » Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:31 am

"HEY, I'M STILL ALIVE, RIGHT? EVERYTHING GOOD? GOOD."

I'll pick up the BRRRZT-O-Matic box and try to get the broken lid back on.
Daemian Lucifer

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:09 pm

Well,you all are basically just standing there motionless,listening to Fou-R scream for about a minutecycle,doing nothing else.Then he drops into the pool of his blood,whimpering,then quietly sobbing,then just lying there,blood pouring ever more slowly from his stump,drenching his jumpsuit,until it finally stops.There is quite a lot of blood all over the floor,ruining your shoes.
Kavonde

Postby Kavonde » Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:00 pm

"That seems like an awful lot of blood to lose from just one finger," Diana-R observes distantly.
Akri

Postby Akri » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:24 pm

"We should get some cleaning bots in here. Care to push the button, Loki?"
Lachlan the Mad

Postby Lachlan the Mad » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:54 am

"CAN'T PUSH BUTTONS. TOO BUSY PUTTING LID ON BOX."
Akri

Postby Akri » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:19 am

"But it's so unhygienic in here with all this blood. I think Friend Computer would want it cleaned up."
Daemian Lucifer

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:48 pm

With a loud CRACK one edge of the lid snaps a bit,and the lid can comfortably be placed around the rim of the box.
Lachlan the Mad

Postby Lachlan the Mad » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:53 pm

I will seal the box and hold it under my arm. Then I turn around and yell in the Happiness Officer's face for a bit.

"YOU AND YOUR RAZZAFRACKING BUTTONS! I'VE HAD IT UP TO HERE WITH BUTTONS! IT'S BUTTONS THAT GOT US INTO THIS MESS, BECAUSE THAT NINNY SHOT HIMSELF WHEN HE WAS TRYING TO STOP ME FROM STOPPING HIM FROM PRESSING BUTTONS! THERE WILL BE NO MORE BUTTONS! WE WILL FIND COM-R-ADE AND MY HYGIENE EQUIPMENT AND FIX MR. SCRUBBY AND KILL COMMUNISTS WITH NO BUTTONS OF ANY KIND! IS THAT CLEAR?"
Akri

Postby Akri » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:55 pm

I snap to attention and give a quick salute.

"Sir, yes, sir! Just let me..." I go over to where Chip-R is laying and give him a gentle-ish kick. "Wakey, wakey!"
Kavonde

Postby Kavonde » Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:43 pm

Seeing that the threat of the disintegration rifle has been temporarily removed, Diana-R deactivates her helmet. "Well, um... are we going to wait for Fou-R's next clone to get here? Because I think he died."
Lachlan the Mad

Postby Lachlan the Mad » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:57 pm

"I SAY THAT WE HAVE NO TIME TO WAIT. WE MUST FIND COM-R-ADE TO RECEIVE DIRECTIONS. THOSE COMMUNISTS WILL NOT CLEAN THEMSELVES."

I pick up Mr. Scrubby in the hand which isn't holding the BRRRZT-O-Matic box, and get ready to move out.
Akri

Postby Akri » Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:01 pm

"What about Chip-R? I don't think he's dead, he just needs to wake up." I give Chip another kick to try and rouse him.
Kavonde

Postby Kavonde » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:57 pm

"Um, okay, it's just that the last time I tried to get moving while Fou-R was too dead to prevent forward progress, a lot of stuff happened and I got sort of angry and there was an explosion and I ended up all alone and trying to hide in the middle of a hallway. So... maybe Friend Computer doesn't want us going on without him, since, um, he's our team leader and everything."
Traiden

Postby Traiden » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:51 pm

Chip-R stands up from the floor and looks around assessing the situation and figuring out who all is here as well as the status of the equipment.
Daemian Lucifer

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:13 pm

Traiden wrote:Chip-R stands up from the floor and looks around assessing the situation and figuring out who all is here as well as the status of the equipment.

The four of you are the ones left standing(you,Loki,Diana and Lily).As for equipment,you lost nothing.You have two boxes,one with BRRRZT-O-Matic,one with some pills.You have two laser pistols,with a spare barrel each.You have the Protect-O-Helm,and the disintegration rifle(still drenched in Fou-R's blood).And you have the recording device,as well as Diana-R's and Lily-R's personal equipment.Oh,and you each have your jumpsuits on.
Traiden

Postby Traiden » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:56 pm

Chip-R silently walks to the Disintegration rifle and picks it up to inspect it more closely.
Akri

Postby Akri » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:23 pm

Kavonde wrote:"Um, okay, it's just that the last time I tried to get moving while Fou-R was too dead to prevent forward progress, a lot of stuff happened and I got sort of angry and there was an explosion and I ended up all alone and trying to hide in the middle of a hallway. So... maybe Friend Computer doesn't want us going on without him, since, um, he's our team leader and everything."

"Maybe...or maybe the reason Fou-R died this time is because Friend Computer wants us to get moving like Loki says, and Fou-R was holding us up."
Daemian Lucifer

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:13 pm

Traiden wrote:Chip-R silently walks to the Disintegration rifle and picks it up to inspect it more closely.

Its sticky with blood,but otherwise it seems brand new.
Traiden

Postby Traiden » Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:09 pm

"Cleaning officer, you are to clean this rifle now, do so and I might overlook your traitorous actions against the Team Leader."
Lachlan the Mad

Postby Lachlan the Mad » Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:04 am

Traiden wrote:"Cleaning officer, you are to clean this rifle now, do so and I might overlook your traitorous actions against the Team Leader."

"ABSOLUTELY, SIR!"

I consider how best to clean the disintegration rifle without any hygiene equipment. I eventually stick it between Mr. Scrubby's scrubbing brushes and try to spin her brushes manually.

(I'm assuming that Mr. Scrubby looks like a small street-sweeper, with two revolving brushes?)

Return to “Play-by-Post”