Paranoia - The game thread

Text-based gaming!
Daemian Lucifer

Paranoia - The game thread

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:23 pm

Welcome Citizen to the Alpha Complex,the only livable place on Earth(though you have no idea what this Earth is,you only know the Alpha Complex).You are a clone,as well as everyone else in the Alpha Complex.You have been created by the friend Computer to work and be happy.You sleep the alloted amount of hourcycles each nightcycle,then you work the alloted number of hourcycles each daycycle,and are happy that you are doing it to please the friend Computer.You eat your alloted foodstuff and drink your alloted Bouncy Bubble Beverage with happiness on your face.Because a happy clone is a productive clone,and failure to be productive is treasonous.

In its infinite wisdom,when the Computer created the Alpha Complex it knew that having just one template for clones would be wasteful and counterproductive,so numerous templates were created.Therefore you have different skills from the rest of the clones.

These will be decided for you,by me,once you fill out the CRUD test that you will receive in your PM.These are all uniquely tailored for each and every one of you.Sharing them with others is treasonous.Discussing them with others is treasonous.Not deleting them immediately after filling them out is treasonous.

In order to make the work most efficient,everything in Alpha Complex is color coded,and every clone is awarded with a certain clearance fit for their skill.The codes are:
IR - Infrared (seen as black by your inefficient eyes)
R - Red
O - Orange
Y - Yellow
G - Green
B - Blue
I - Indigo
V - Violet
U - Ultraviolet (seen as white by your inefficient eyes)
Interacting with an object above your security clearance is treasonous.Going into an area above your security clearance is treasonous.Disobeying a clone with a higher security clearance is treasonous.Reading a text above your security clearance,like this one,is treasonous.Ultraviolet color is also the color of High Programmers,the ones that converse with the friend Computer directly.

Every clone starts as a lowly IR,and is awarded a higher security clearance only when they show extra loyalty.They can do this by,for example,proving that their colleague,or better yet their superior,is a traitor(most likely by planting evidence themselves).You have managed to get yourself a shiny Red clearance,which grants you the ability to wear a Red jumpsuit over your old Infrared one,lucky you.And with a new security Clearance,comes a new job.A job of a Troubleshooter.Before that,you had one of the mundane jobs.It was either:
Armed Forces(AF, Army): the clones in charge of protecting the Alpha Complex from the outside(if there was such a thing)and from the Communist treat.
Central Processing Unit(CPU): the clones in charge of issuing forms for everything(including the all so important form for filling out other forms,known as FFFOO),because neat documentation is productive.
Housing Preservation and Development and Mind Control(HPD & MC): the clones in charge of rebuilding destroyed infrastructure and keeping the Alpha Complex tidy.
Internal Security(IntSec): the clones in charge of monitoring the rest of the groups.From within.
Power Services(PS): the clones in charge of keeping the Alpha Complex powered and all the valuable radiation being converted into even more valuable electricity.
Production, Logistics, and Commissary(PLC): the clones in charge of distributing the tools to the clones that need them.And getting them back,of course.
Research and Design(R&D): the clones in charge of killing other clones inventing new weapons(and sometimes even tools)to keep the Alpha Complex the most modern complex amongst all the other complexes(dont let the fact that these other complexes dont exist fool you,we still need to outtech the Commies).
Technical Services(Tech): the clones that combine power provided by PS and infrastructure provided by HPD & MC and making them into machines that keep the Alpha Complex such a mechanical marvel.
But all of those are for lesser clones.You have the most important job now.Going where the Computer tells you to go,finding trouble there,and shooting it(coming back alive is optional).Failure to obey the friend Computer is treasonous.Failure to find trouble is treasonous.Failure to not shoot the trouble is treasonous.Failure to stay alive is treasonous.

This trouble can come in many forms.A clone that has disobeyed the Computer,a traitor,fit only to be shot.A Communist,fit only to be shot.An unregistered mutant,fit only to be shot.A secret society member,fir only to be shot.A combination of the above,fit only to be shot multiple times.Failure to shoot such an individual is treasonous.

But dont worry too much about being less than 100% loyal Citizen.Friend Computer knows that clones are imperfect,and therefore instead of immediately executing you for the slightest offense,some lesser infractions will be punished by giving you treason points.These can be reduced by proving you are extra loyal by executing a traitor,or better yet,by sacrificing yourself for the good of Alpha Complex.If you accumulate too much of these treason points,however,your fellow troubleshooters will be ordered to shoot you.

Now,before you go to your PM and fill out the form,you also need to know the naming convention.Every name in Alpha Complex is manufactured by the friend Computer for maximum efficiency.It contains your first name,which can be virtually anything.Rockn,for example.It is followed by your security clearance,which in your case will be R(for now).Then comes the 3 letter designation of your sector,for example OLL.Then comes the number of your current clone(from 1 to 6).So the name of this fictional clone would be Rockn-R-OLL 1.See,easy.The first question in the CRUD test,and the only one common for all of you,will be "What is your name?".You will pick a name,followed by R,followed by 3 letter designation of your choosing,followed by 1.

Now go,fill the tests,so I can decide what you are good at,and if you should know anything else.
Daemian Lucifer

Re: Paranoia - The game thread

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:19 am

Goo-O-GLE leads the four of you to a room with 6 red chairs in it,and a sort of an orange podium facing them.One of the chairs has a red clone in it,and she is snoring loudly.Her badge says C.From the other side of the room,another red clone comes in,the one that Goo-O-GLE killed previously(well not him,the second one in his sixpack,which is him,only not as treasonous).For those of you that didnt see him up close,his badge says H.

Goo-O-GLE walks up to the podium.While getting there,she says "Happiness officer,wake that one up.Equipment officer,come here to distribute the assignments."
Traiden

Postby Traiden » Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:54 am

I walk over to the sleeping troubleshooter and shout in a sing song voice. "Wake up, friend. Sleeping on the job is a treasonous act. Should you not wake up, prepare to be terminated happly."
Akri

Postby Akri » Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:14 pm

I take a seat.
Anster

Postby Anster » Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:43 pm

I take a seat in one of the red chairs as well
4th Dimension

Postby 4th Dimension » Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:17 pm

As two other reds have allready sat down with no adverse effects, I'll sit down too.
Lachlan the Mad
Location: I come from the land down under, where women blow and men chunder

Postby Lachlan the Mad » Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:19 am

I take a seat, and conspicuously take out my hygeine kit and clean my fingernails. I'm worried I might have gotten some traitor bits on me.
Daemian Lucifer

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:43 pm

Goo-O-GLE looks up at you:

"Loyalty officer,make a note that the hygiene officer did the job or the happiness officer,and that the happiness officer just sat down without doing their job.Also note that the equipment officer failed to distribute the assignments to others,and that the team leader failed to reprimand everyone for this mess."
Anster

Postby Anster » Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:54 pm

I stare at the clone with an L badge, recall that his name is Fou-R-DIM.
4th Dimension

Postby 4th Dimension » Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:38 pm

Err, Mam/sir Goo-O-GLE would you be so enlightened to enlighten us of our assigned duties. Seeing as me and my compatriot were the last to arive and are the newly minted Reds, we obviously skipped that part of the introduction
Kavonde

Postby Kavonde » Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:12 pm

The sleeping woman, wearing a suit of bright red reflec armor, snorts and sits up straight. She blinks, rubbing sleep from her eyes, and stares around the now-occupied room. "Um... I got here a little early. Because, um, diligence is patriotic. And being well-rested before a mission is also patriotic. I'm a patriot."
Lachlan the Mad

Postby Lachlan the Mad » Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:49 am

Kavonde wrote:The sleeping woman, wearing a suit of bright red reflec armor, snorts and sits up straight. She blinks, rubbing sleep from her eyes, and stares around the now-occupied room. "Um... I got here a little early. Because, um, diligence is patriotic. And being well-rested before a mission is also patriotic. I'm a patriot."

I shout "It is most excellent to see a patriotic person! I am certain that everybody here is a patriot and not a traitor!".
Daemian Lucifer

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:16 pm

Goo-O-GLE looks at you,somewhat confused.

"Well you are wearing your badges,so it should be natural who everyone is.L is team leader,H is happiness officer,C is communications officer,L is loyalty officer,H is hygiene officer,and E is equipment officer.Im sure friend Computer told you all of this before you were assigned to me."

And after a pause,she continues:

"Though maybe its your names that are confusing everyone.If that will make it easier for you to recognize one another,tell each other your names."
Traiden

Postby Traiden » Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:18 pm

I nod my head. "But of course, the team leader should go first. As is the team leader, naturally they need to be introduced first."
4th Dimension

Postby 4th Dimension » Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:47 pm

Umm I don't think you are the leader. You woke the sleeping troubleshooter, and Goo-O-GLE refered to you as Happines officer. Also that's an H on you.

Khm Khm anyway. My name is Fou-R-DIM and I'll be serving Friend Computer as either Loyalty officer or Leader. As is Friend Computer's will. I have ne preference, except I find particular happiness in shooting traitors.

Also I wonder is it permitted to Equipment officer to use medical equipment on other Troubleshooters, namely me. I though that was the domain of the Hygiene officer. If it is so, I wan't it noted that I'm an unwilling victim in his unauthorized usage of equipment.
Lachlan the Mad

Postby Lachlan the Mad » Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:03 pm

"Greetings, fellow Troubleshooters! I am Loki-R-MAD, clone #1! I am concerned to say that the incompetent infrareds who delivered my badge have made an error. This may be the work of mutant commy traitors in the ranks. I have been assigned an 'E' badge when my past expertise clearly points towards a role as Hygeine officer. Somebody who isn't me had better be executed over this!"
Traiden

Postby Traiden » Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:15 pm

"I am Chip-R-OLL, your resident Hygiene Officer the Happiness Officer. Attempts to mislabel me will be seen as secret traitor doublespeak and subsequently reported."
4th Dimension

Postby 4th Dimension » Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:37 pm

Excellent. Hygiene/Happines officer please ensure the cleanliness and happines of the Loki-R-MAD's mind. He is currently unhappy about his assignment, and unhappiness is sick.
Lachlan the Mad

Postby Lachlan the Mad » Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:40 pm

I am curious to see you talk of secret traitor doublespeak, when you use doublespeak yourself! I have recorded said doublespeak (which is presumably of the secret traitor variety) and will now replay it for you;

Traiden wrote:"I am Chip-R-OLL, your resident Hygiene Officer the Happiness Officer. Attempts to mislabel me will be seen as secret traitor doublespeak and subsequently reported."

Are you attempting to take over two of our troubleshooterly roles instead of merely one?
Anster

Postby Anster » Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:15 pm

I kept silent up until now and was quietly listening to the others. Then I stand up from my chair and make a small speech

"Name's Com-R-ADE. Since I have this L badge here, I will be taking over the duties of either the Loyalty Officer or the Team Leader. The former is more preferable, since I mentally prepared myself for it and already made notes about particular members of the team. On the other hand, those would help me as well if Friend Computer would prefer my leadership skills over those of Fou-R-DIM. Whatever the case, I am happy to be here and serve as a Troubleshooter to ensure joy and happiness of the loyal citizens of Alpha Complex."

I sit back and space out again.
Kavonde

Postby Kavonde » Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:55 pm

The armored woman raises her head. "Uh, um, I'm Diana-R-BDN. I guess I'm the Communications Officer? Which Friend Computer totally told me about beforehand, but I must have forgotten, so the fault is entirely mine because all true patriots know that Friend Computer doesn't make mistakes. I'm, um, not actually sure what I'm supposed to be doing. They gave me this cool armor, so I sort of figured I'd be shooting Commies, not communicating with them. But, um, it's not that I really mind. I'll happily do whatever Friend Computer needs me to do. Because, um, patriotism. Yay."
4th Dimension

Postby 4th Dimension » Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:30 pm

You will be facilitating our communication with traitors, mutants and Communists, and since the only regulation alowed communication with such tainted minds is via execution, which they'll traitorously ressist, so the armor will come in handy.
Akri

Postby Akri » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:20 am

"I'm Lily-R-SIN, and I believe I am the Happiness officer. Bit of misunderstanding with the Hygiene officer before, I think. But thank you for waking up our Communications officer, Chip-R-OLL. I'm sure we're all happy to see your enthusiasm for getting things done."
Daemian Lucifer

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:53 am

Goo-O-GLE just listens to all of you in a stunned silence,her mouth opened without sound coming from them.Finally she manages to speak:

"I...I believe that...",she finally manages to smile again,"I believe that friend Computer is testing me with such...colorful bunch like you",she glances towards one wall and gulps,"yes,thats it."

"Loki-R-MAD,friend Computer personally sent everyone their badges,and you think there was a mistake?And you even dare to act like a hygiene officer while expressing such a sentiment?When you return from the cloning vats,please resume your duties as an equipment officer and distribute the mission briefings to everyone."

She then takes out her gun,and shoots you...unfortunately in the leg.

"Im sorry Citizen,I was aiming to execute you.The gum must have been damaged in my struggle with the previous defective clone.Would the rest of you please pummel him to death."
Lachlan the Mad

Postby Lachlan the Mad » Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:13 am

"If this is as friend computer commands, I see no reason to damage my colleague's fists".

I pummel myself to death.

Return to “Play-by-Post”