Paranoia - The game thread

Text-based gaming!
4th Dimension

Re: Paranoia - The game thread

Postby 4th Dimension » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:20 pm

Either way, I want him disarmed befor he does something stupid. So Troubleshooters I would like for you to take out your guns and aim for him, so he sees what will happen to him if he does not comply.
Kavonde

Postby Kavonde » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:24 pm

"Um, sir? He's probably going to take that as evidence that we're also commie traitors, and then shoot us with the disintegration rifle. Um, I could try communicating with him, if that's okay."
Akri

Postby Akri » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:54 pm

I go ahead and draw my weapon as instructed, and point it in the general direction of Loki. However I'm looking at and speaking to Diana as I do so.

"He has a pretty good sense of humor. You should try opening with a joke."
Kavonde

Postby Kavonde » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:58 pm

"Oh, okay." Diana-R turns to face Loki directly. "Um... why do sheep love Friend Computer? Because he has so much RAM! Aha... ha... heh?"
Skitzophrenik

Postby Skitzophrenik » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:58 pm

Gene-R-ALL stays where he is, distant from the others, and puts his hand on the grip of his laser pistol.

"You should lower that rifle, Troubleshooter. Warranted or not, calvalierly disintigrating your squadmates will definitely be seen as suspicious by Goo-O-GLE during debriefing. And the lack of progress towards our mission goal this squad has made is abominable ."
4th Dimension

Postby 4th Dimension » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:38 pm

If you can reason with him,so he disarms himself, go right ahead. I have no intention on waiting for him to get recloned. Than we could continue on our way and see along the way if we can spawn some bots tat are useful for assaulting commie strongholds. After all commies are known for their lack of happiness so joke bot will not be as useful.
Lachlan the Mad
Location: I come from the land down under, where women blow and men chunder

Postby Lachlan the Mad » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:39 pm

Loki-R laughs at Diana-R's joke. "HAAAA. HAAAA. HAHAHAAAAAAA. BUT WHEN THE LOYALTY OFFICER GETS HERE, YOU'RE COPPING SO MUCH FLAK FOR TELLING A JOKE, THAT'S THE HAPPINESS OFFICER'S JOB."

"WE HAVE NO EVIDENCE THAT THE BRRRZT-O-MATIC SPAWNED MR. SCRUBBY, AND SOME EXCELLENT EVIDENCE THAT IT DEACTIVATED HER. I'M CERTAINLY NOT GOING TO TRUST SUCH A DEVICE."

"BUT... MAYBE DIANA-R WASN'T WRONG. MAYBE THE BRRRZT-O-MATIC AND THE DISINTEGRATION RIFLE ARE PART OF THE SAME DEVICE. IT IS POSSIBLE THAT, BY INTERFACING THE RIFLE AND THE BRRRZT-O-MATIC, WE COULD NEGATE BOTH THE TEAM-LEADER-KILLING CAPACITY OF THE RIFLE AND THE COMMIE-TRAITOR-BUTTON-HYPNOTISING OF THE BRRRZT-O-MATIC."

Loki-R places the disintegration rifle on the floor and pushes it towards Chip-R-OLL. "MISTER CHIP-R-OLL, I SUGGEST THAT YOU ATTEMPT TO INTERFACE THIS RIFLE WITH THE BRRRZT-O-MATIC. JUST DO SO WITHOUT PUSHING ANY BUTTONS."
Kavonde

Postby Kavonde » Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:01 pm

Lachlan the Mad wrote:Loki-R laughs at Diana-R's joke. "HAAAA. HAAAA. HAHAHAAAAAAA. BUT WHEN THE LOYALTY OFFICER GETS HERE, YOU'RE COPPING SO MUCH FLAK FOR TELLING A JOKE, THAT'S THE HAPPINESS OFFICER'S JOB."

Diana-R winces. "B-but she told me to... "
Daemian Lucifer

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:16 am

Just as Loki-R pushes the disintegration rifle,it suddenly fires
disintegrating the box Chip-R was holding.With a loud thump,the BRRRZT-O-Matic falls to the ground once more,and CRACK the coil break off.
Akri

Postby Akri » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:44 pm

I jump back, watching the BRRRZT-O-Matic for signs that it's going to explode or shock us or similar.
4th Dimension

Postby 4th Dimension » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:22 pm

Really, really? Now you are smashing things? Chip-Rcheck the BRRZT-O-Matic and see if by any chance it's still functional.
Lachlan the Mad
Location: I come from the land down under, where women blow and men chunder

Postby Lachlan the Mad » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:16 pm

"SIR, THAT WAS NOT ME. THE DISINTEGRATION RIFLE'S TRIGGER IS RATHER SENSITIVE, AS YOU YOURSELF HAVE EXPERIENCED. I APOLOGISE FOR THIS ACCIDENT."
Last edited by Lachlan the Mad on Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Akri

Postby Akri » Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:28 am

"If he's apologizing does that mean we're all still friends?"
4th Dimension

Postby 4th Dimension » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:52 pm

Let's wait until Chip inspects the device before rendering judgement. Also Diana, did you record this? And can you review the footage?
Traiden

Postby Traiden » Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:38 am

"I shall inspect both the BRRRZT-O-Matic and the Disintegration Rifle. Hand the rifle back to me so I can inspect it." Chip-R waits for the rifle before he begins to inspect the named equipment for functionality.
4th Dimension

Postby 4th Dimension » Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:55 pm

Hand back? They ere both on the floor last time I looked.
Daemian Lucifer

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:31 pm

4th Dimension wrote:Hand back? They ere both on the floor last time I looked.

Indeed.And next to Chip-R.No one else moved to touch them after the shooting/breaking incident.
Traiden

Postby Traiden » Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:22 pm

"You are not taking care of the equipment I have issued you, Loyalty Officer please note that. Pick it up and hand it back to me." Chip-R says in a comanding voice then kneels down to inspect the BRRZT-O-Matic at his feet.
Akri

Postby Akri » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:37 pm

"The Loyalty Officer hasn't been around for awhile. Are you feeling okay, Chip?"
Traiden

Postby Traiden » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:43 pm

"Is the Communication's Officer not here to relay messages too? I was obviously talking to the Communication Officer in lieu of the Loyalty Officer."
4th Dimension

Postby 4th Dimension » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:08 am

So Chip, how damaged is BRZZT-O-matic
Kavonde

Postby Kavonde » Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:14 pm

Diana-R makes a mental note to tell whoever the Loyalty Officer is about the misuse of assigned equipment.

Return to “Play-by-Post”