Paranoia - OOC(sometimes) thread

Text-based gaming!
User avatar
Akri

Re: Paranoia - OOC(sometimes) thread

Postby Akri » Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:18 am

Of course!
Traiden
Location: Traveling

Re: Paranoia - OOC(sometimes) thread

Postby Traiden » Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:30 am

I guess that what I get for posting distracted at what amounts to my midnight.
User avatar
4th Dimension

Re: Paranoia - OOC(sometimes) thread

Postby 4th Dimension » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:23 am

Lachlan the Mad wrote:Whoa, whoa, WHOA, slow down guys. Remember back on page 10 of the main thread, we got some mysterious beeping, and robots started appearing, and then I got bodyswapped?

SOME MUTANT COMMIE TRAITOR WAS PLAYING WITH THE BRRRZT-O-MATIC.

Bodyswaped? I thought you and Hygiene officer exchanged badges and are acting like nothing happened?!?

Hmmm, that does sound plausible.
User avatar
Lachlan the Sane
Location: I come from the land down under, where women blow and men chunder

Re: Paranoia - OOC(sometimes) thread

Postby Lachlan the Sane » Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:20 am

Traiden wrote:I guess that what I get for posting distracted at what amounts to my midnight.

Mildly scrubbed by a promptly disabled robot? I'd say you got off lightly...

4th Dimension wrote:Bodyswaped? I thought you and Hygiene officer exchanged badges and are acting like nothing happened?!?

Hmmm, that does sound plausible.

I have no idea, to be honest. Job-swapped? Sadly we speak only English instead of Friend Computer's perfect machine language, and thus cannot always achieve perfect description.
User avatar
Daemian Lucifer

Re: Paranoia - OOC(sometimes) thread

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:31 pm

4th Dimension wrote:
Lachlan the Mad wrote:Whoa, whoa, WHOA, slow down guys. Remember back on page 10 of the main thread, we got some mysterious beeping, and robots started appearing, and then I got bodyswapped?

SOME MUTANT COMMIE TRAITOR WAS PLAYING WITH THE BRRRZT-O-MATIC.

Bodyswaped? I thought you and Hygiene officer exchanged badges and are acting like nothing happened?!?

Hmmm, that does sound plausible.


That would be treasonous.Why would any loyal clone even attempt that?
User avatar
4th Dimension

Re: Paranoia - OOC(sometimes) thread

Postby 4th Dimension » Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:14 pm

Daemian Lucifer wrote:That would be treasonous.Why would any "loyal" clone even attempt that?

There, fixed now.
User avatar
Daemian Lucifer

Re: Paranoia - OOC(sometimes) thread

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:57 pm

4th Dimension wrote:Can we instruct the scrubber bot to press two buttons at the same time in order to confirm that anybody that does that gets zapped? Because to me the resto of the buttons except that turn off one look like modifiers that do nothing unless coupled with a main button (Spawn one for ex).


Sure,any one of you that had any experience with bots before can attempt that.Whether you can actually do it.....We shall see.

Actually,to be fair,any one of you can attempt it.But without the experience with bots....
User avatar
CraigM

Re: Paranoia - OOC(sometimes) thread

Postby CraigM » Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:36 pm

Out of curiosity is this a normal amount of failure/ killing each other for a Paranoia game? Because this has turned into this
Traiden
Location: Traveling

Re: Paranoia - OOC(sometimes) thread

Postby Traiden » Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:37 pm

I figure this should be good enough of a try for getting the bot to follow orders.
User avatar
Daemian Lucifer

Re: Paranoia - OOC(sometimes) thread

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:05 pm

CraigM wrote:Out of curiosity is this a normal amount of failure/ killing each other for a Paranoia game? Because this has turned into this


Well the backstabbing secret communication does seem to be easier when you can hide your actions with PMs,so the others cant see you passing notes around.But it is mostly on par with my experience of the first game.Deaths do become more scarce when the players become more experienced.
Last edited by Daemian Lucifer on Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Traiden
Location: Traveling

Re: Paranoia - OOC(sometimes) thread

Postby Traiden » Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:44 pm

Yeah Science, I am learning things!
User avatar
4th Dimension

Re: Paranoia - OOC(sometimes) thread

Postby 4th Dimension » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:09 pm

For SCIENCE! And appropriately we are doing unsupervised, SCIENCE! outside R&D sector. Unfortunately we are yet to blow something (hopefully not me) up.
Traiden
Location: Traveling

Re: Paranoia - OOC(sometimes) thread

Postby Traiden » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:13 pm

Hey, I was talking about walking to the ADE sector while we science.
User avatar
Daemian Lucifer

Re: Paranoia - OOC(sometimes) thread

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:19 pm

Traiden wrote:Hey, I was talking about walking to the ADE sector while we science.


Walking there?Look,Alpha complex may be domed,but it is huge.You were all either flown or driven here,and it took a while.
Traiden
Location: Traveling

Re: Paranoia - OOC(sometimes) thread

Postby Traiden » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:29 pm

My point still stands.
User avatar
4th Dimension

Re: Paranoia - OOC(sometimes) thread

Postby 4th Dimension » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:10 pm

It seems fine.It was built FOR the Citizens of Alpha Complex,after all,so of course it wont break.

There a minor fix for you.
Traiden
Location: Traveling

Re: Paranoia - OOC(sometimes) thread

Postby Traiden » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:18 pm

48 hours or so till I get on a plane, give me a bit while I pack up and such.
User avatar
4th Dimension

Re: Paranoia - OOC(sometimes) thread

Postby 4th Dimension » Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:00 pm

Sooo, shall we continue EqO? Or are you still messing with this "plane" thing, and moving.
Traiden
Location: Traveling

Re: Paranoia - OOC(sometimes) thread

Postby Traiden » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:38 pm

I am back home, just got done make sure my house is at the right levels of chaos and entropy to be comfortable. Let us continue with the testing!
User avatar
Lachlan the Sane
Location: I come from the land down under, where women blow and men chunder

Re: Paranoia - OOC(sometimes) thread

Postby Lachlan the Sane » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:34 am

I rolled a crit failure on my sneaking roll, didn't I?
User avatar
Daemian Lucifer

Re: Paranoia - OOC(sometimes) thread

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:02 am

Or maybe you rolled just a regular one and your sneak stat is abysmal.
User avatar
Daemian Lucifer

Re: Paranoia - OOC(sometimes) thread

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:53 am

Lachlan the Mad wrote:I have an INGENIOUS plan. I will put the BRRZT-O-Matic in Mr. Scrubby's claw, and then manually close her claw so it hits the buttons that Team Leader told me to press.


Its too big for that.And you cant quite open its claw that easily.It may be small,but it still is a bot.But you can try and use its closed claw to push the buttons.
User avatar
Lachlan the Sane
Location: I come from the land down under, where women blow and men chunder

Re: Paranoia - OOC(sometimes) thread

Postby Lachlan the Sane » Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:57 pm

Daemian Lucifer wrote:
Lachlan the Mad wrote:I have an INGENIOUS plan. I will put the BRRZT-O-Matic in Mr. Scrubby's claw, and then manually close her claw so it hits the buttons that Team Leader told me to press.


Its too big for that.And you cant quite open its claw that easily.It may be small,but it still is a bot.But you can try and use its closed claw to push the buttons.

I will do that thing!
User avatar
4th Dimension

Re: Paranoia - OOC(sometimes) thread

Postby 4th Dimension » Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:45 pm

Oh let me guess, since it has only one claw it did not press the buttons together but sequentially.
User avatar
Daemian Lucifer

Re: Paranoia - OOC(sometimes) thread

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:03 pm

4th Dimension wrote:Oh let me guess, since it has only one claw it did not press the buttons together but sequentially.


Well yes.Isnt that what you guys wanted?

Return to “Play-by-Post”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest