Paranoia - OOC(sometimes) thread

Text-based gaming!
User avatar
Daemian Lucifer

Paranoia - OOC(sometimes) thread

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:02 pm

Citizens of this glorious Alpha Forum,friend Computer is very disappointed by your lack of enthusiasm and initiative in starting a Paranoia game.How can we show our happiness and love for our benevolent Computer without proper Commie shooting?So,anyone interested in some good old fashioned backstabbing and treachery?Anyone with an Ulrtaviolet clearance willing to take the job of running such a game,or should I elevate myself to the task?Id prefer if someone else led the game,since Ive only played Paranoia so far,but if no one is willing,I will begrudginglyhappily give myself Ultraviolet clearance and lead you to your doomlots of fun.Sign up immediately,or youll be committing treason,and will be shot for it.

What is Paranoia you ask?Why,Citizen how can you not know that?Paranoia is The humorous role playing game.Set in a dystopianwonderful future,Paranoia is a game populated by clones,terrifiedhappy under the madefficient rule of their benevolent friend Computer.

But everything is not well in this happy place,because some misguided clones have become Commie traitors and are using their mutant powers to shatter the illusion of beautiful idyllic lives of hard working Citizens.It is your job,as loyal servants of the Computer to find these troublemakers,and shoot them dead.As well as stop any other trouble brewing(preferably by shooting it).Thats why you are assigned the title of Troubleshooter.And if one of your fellow Troubleshooters happens to be a Commie traitor,you should shoot them extra dead,thus proving how extra loyal you are yourself.

Because of all these troublesome events that youll be unwillingly searching for,and because some of you may be tricked by Commie mutants to commit treason yourself,the infinitely wise friend Computer will assign each one of you 5 extra clones that you can use immediately when your first clone dies.This just encourages you to pay very close attention to your fellow Troubleshooters and kill them at the first sign of treasonous activities.And because all this is done for fun,there will be no hard feelings whenif someone shoots you in the back.

So lots of trouble,lots of shooting(and stabbing,burning,exploding,liquefying),lots of treason,and lots and lots of fun.Because everyone likes fun,and everyone is happy,isnt that right Citizens?

When we get the appropriate number of recruits,we will get into the details and assign everyone their roles.Whats that citizen?You say if,not when?Well its treasonous not to play Paranoia,so promptly go and report yourself for termination.

Also,reading the text hidden behind the spoiler tags is treasonous,so if you can read this,you should immediately execute yourself.
Last edited by Daemian Lucifer on Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
Kavonde
Location: Bakersfield, CA
Contact:

Re: Paranoia - Recruitment thread

Postby Kavonde » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:00 pm

Y'know, I picked up the Paranoia book a year or so ago and never really did anything with it. What the hell, I'm in.
User avatar
Akri

Re: Paranoia - Recruitment thread

Postby Akri » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:40 pm

I was considering signing up, but it appears I need to find a suicide booth first.
User avatar
Daemian Lucifer

Re: Paranoia - Recruitment thread

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:17 pm

Akri wrote:I was considering signing up, but it appears I need to find a suicide booth first.


Not to worry Ak-R-EEE 1,your execution will be painfulless,and your clone Ak-R-EEE 2 is welcome to join the game.
User avatar
Akri

Re: Paranoia - Recruitment thread

Postby Akri » Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:11 am

Wheh, that is a relief. My clone will of course be more than happy to join the game, just as soon as this quick and painless deed is done with. I think that....oh no. Oh dear god please! Help me! Someone help me!!! IT BURNS!!!!!





Ha ha. That was a joke, of course. Akri 1 was such a prankster. Her execution was so much fun, she decided to share the fun with all of you by going out with a joke. Ha ha.
Traiden
Location: Traveling

Re: Paranoia - Recruitment thread

Postby Traiden » Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:52 am

Troubleshooter Traiden reporting in for his assignment. I would also like all communists to form an orderly line behind me for easy identification.
User avatar
Anster
Location: Odessa

Re: Paranoia - Recruitment thread

Postby Anster » Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:14 pm

Reporting for duty! Let us get rid of the Communist plague,comrades! All hail Friend Computer
User avatar
Lachlan the Mad
Location: I come from the land down under, where women blow and men chunder

Re: Paranoia - Recruitment thread

Postby Lachlan the Mad » Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:49 pm

I adore Paranoia! There's a guy in my local RPG meta who runs brilliant Paranoia PUGs. He usually does this with randomly-generated characters, though, so I have no idea how character creation normally works. Should I just ask him where he gets them generated and roll one of those?
User avatar
Daemian Lucifer

Re: Paranoia - Recruitment thread

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:08 pm

Well I did prepare a questionnaire that the players will have to fill out to see what they are going to play.You are,however,free to import your characters from anywhere,if you want to lord your knowledge of the game over the rest.Nothing bad will happen to you for that.Honest.
User avatar
Lachlan the Mad
Location: I come from the land down under, where women blow and men chunder

Re: Paranoia - Recruitment thread

Postby Lachlan the Mad » Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:40 pm

Daemian Lucifer wrote:Well I did prepare a questionnaire that the players will have to fill out to see what they are going to play.You are,however,free to import your characters from anywhere,if you want to lord your knowledge of the game over the rest.Nothing bad will happen to you for that.Honest.

Hah, last time a DM said something like this to me, I wound up playing a Monk with a congenital heart defect. He threatened me with heart attacks about 6 times in our two-hour session. Eventually I drowned in sewerage.

Seriously, though, I know nothing about the rules of Paranoia. Knowledge of the rules of Paranoia is available only to citizens with security clearance Ultraviolet. It would be treasonous for me to have knowledge of the rules of Paranoia.
User avatar
Daemian Lucifer

Re: Paranoia - Recruitment thread

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:40 am

Lachlan the Mad wrote:Hah, last time a DM said something like this to me, I wound up playing a Monk with a congenital heart defect. He threatened me with heart attacks about 6 times in our two-hour session. Eventually I drowned in sewerage.


Oh you dont have to worry about that.There are no monks in paranoia.

Last call Citizens.Tomorrow I am going to start the character creation proper,and while coming in after that will be allowed,loyal Citizens are never late for their duties.
User avatar
Lachlan the Mad
Location: I come from the land down under, where women blow and men chunder

Re: Paranoia - Recruitment thread

Postby Lachlan the Mad » Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:36 am

Daemian Lucifer wrote:
Lachlan the Mad wrote:Hah, last time a DM said something like this to me, I wound up playing a Monk with a congenital heart defect. He threatened me with heart attacks about 6 times in our two-hour session. Eventually I drowned in sewerage.


Oh you dont have to worry about that.There are no monks in paranoia.

Last call Citizens.Tomorrow I am going to start the character creation proper,and while coming in after that will be allowed,loyal Citizens are never late for their duties.

It could be theoretically possible for a mutant to exist who had superior hand-to-hand combat skills. However, as there are no mutants in Alpha Complex, any citizen found who had such mutant powers would be declared impossible and have their existence promptly terminated.
Traiden
Location: Traveling

Re: Paranoia - Recruitment thread

Postby Traiden » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:40 pm

I shall make backups of any forms I receive as per the backup policy from the Red Level pamphlet.
User avatar
Akri

Re: Paranoia - Recruitment thread

Postby Akri » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:20 pm

Traiden wrote:I shall make backups of any forms I receive as per the backup policy from the Red Level pamphlet.

Red? Why, that's a commie color!
User avatar
krellen
Location: The City in New Mexico
Contact:

Re: Paranoia - Recruitment thread

Postby krellen » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:24 pm

Akri wrote:
Traiden wrote:I shall make backups of any forms I receive as per the backup policy from the Red Level pamphlet.

Red? Why, that's a commie color!

And how, precisely, do you know so much about Communists, Citizen?
User avatar
Akri

Re: Paranoia - Recruitment thread

Postby Akri » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:43 pm

krellen wrote:
Akri wrote:
Traiden wrote:I shall make backups of any forms I receive as per the backup policy from the Red Level pamphlet.

Red? Why, that's a commie color!

And how, precisely, do you know so much about Communists, Citizen?

A loyal Citizen must be able to spot Commie scum, so that it can be removed.
User avatar
krellen
Location: The City in New Mexico
Contact:

Re: Paranoia - Recruitment thread

Postby krellen » Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:07 pm

Akri wrote:A loyal Citizen must be able to spot Commie scum, so that it can be removed.

Knowledge of Communism is Treason. Please submit yourself for execution, Ak-R-EEE 2.
User avatar
Krakow Sam

Re: Paranoia - Recruitment thread

Postby Krakow Sam » Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:47 pm

krellen wrote:
Akri wrote:A loyal Citizen must be able to spot Commie scum, so that it can be removed.

Knowledge of Communism is Treason. Please submit yourself for execution, Ak-R-EEE 2.



Kre-Y-LEN 1, ordering an execution is restricted to citizens of GREEN clearance and above. Please report to a confession booth for curtailment of hair privileges.
User avatar
4th Dimension

Re: Paranoia - Recruitment thread

Postby 4th Dimension » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:37 pm

I heard great things about this, but how much knowledge would be necessary to play?
User avatar
krellen
Location: The City in New Mexico
Contact:

Re: Paranoia - Recruitment thread

Postby krellen » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:42 pm

Krakow Sam wrote:Kre-Y-LEN 1, ordering an execution is restricted to citizens of GREEN clearance and above. Please report to a confession booth for curtailment of hair privileges.

A common mistake, though still unforgivable. It's Kre-I-LEN, actually. Please report for discipline.

Also, I like my bald head, thank you.
Traiden
Location: Traveling

Re: Paranoia - Recruitment thread

Postby Traiden » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:43 pm

I have only the basic plot behind the game and have no knowledge of the rules, you should be fine if you want to play Dimension.
User avatar
Daemian Lucifer

Re: Paranoia - Recruitment thread

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:30 pm

4th Dimension wrote:I heard great things about this, but how much knowledge would be necessary to play?


All information that Citizens need to know will be provided to them before filling in the questionnaire.So basically,all you need to know how to read and type.
User avatar
Nalyd

Re: Paranoia - Recruitment thread

Postby Nalyd » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:59 pm

But Friend Computer has warned me that communists use reading to attack loyalty. Is not reading harmful to Friend Computer? I have unlearned reading to prevent this.
User avatar
4th Dimension

Re: Paranoia - Recruitment thread

Postby 4th Dimension » Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:24 pm

Than I readily report that I'm ready to accomplish all tasks sent to me by Friend Computer.
User avatar
Krakow Sam

Re: Paranoia - Recruitment thread

Postby Krakow Sam » Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:36 pm

Nalyd wrote:But Friend Computer has warned me that communists use reading to attack loyalty. Is not reading harmful to Friend Computer? I have unlearned reading to prevent this.


Citizen Nal-Y-DDD you have been reassigned to the library, please report for immediate duty assignments.

krellen wrote:A common mistake, though still unforgivable. It's Kre-I-LEN, actually. Please report for discipline.

Also, I like my bald head, thank you.


Thank you sir.

Return to “Play-by-Post”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest