Paranoia - OOC(sometimes) thread

Text-based gaming!
Daemian Lucifer

Re: Paranoia - OOC(sometimes) thread

Post by Daemian Lucifer » Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:30 pm

Traiden wrote:I am back at my home and ready to continue.

Welcome back,Citizen.
4th Dimension

Post by 4th Dimension » Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:44 pm

Sooo, are we going to pronounce this dead or . . .
I personally feel we have dead ended. We have no usable equipment and haven't even started the mission. And than there is the fact that our EO is gone.

But if others want it, I can be persuaded to lead one last charge.
Daemian Lucifer

Post by Daemian Lucifer » Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:21 pm

Well,let me whisper a little secret to you:I was wondering wether to give you the equipment back,or "store it in a safe place".But instead of letting the dice decide,I let you guys vote on that.You voted for the "store in a safe place option".Now Im not saying that its all your fault,but...no,wait,it is all your fault.
4th Dimension

Post by 4th Dimension » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:13 am

Eh. I allready guessed our gear is probably stashed somewhere. My suspects is whoever cleaned up after we all died in R&D. That is why I went on an failed adventure in beaurocracy, in an attempt to figure out where might the gear be stashed. My second guess is that Carter G might somehow be involved. But considering his status we are not getting it out of him.
But as I said, this is the question for the rest of the team. Do we continue or scrap this adventure.
Akri

Post by Akri » Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:10 am

I vote continue. Any other vote would be treason.
Kavonde

Post by Kavonde » Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:13 am

I'll admit that, at this point, I have literally no idea what our objective is, what we're trying to do, or even who's in the same room with me.

So since this is obviously a wonderful example of a successful Paranoia game, I'll vote to continue. Assuming, DL, that you actually want to. Don't let the democratic process box you in; tabletop RPGs are a representative monarchy at best.
Lachlan the Sane
Location: I come from the land down under, where women blow and men chunder

Post by Lachlan the Sane » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:27 am

Kavonde wrote:I'll admit that, at this point, I have literally no idea what our objective is, what we're trying to do, or even who's in the same room with me.

So since this is obviously a wonderful example of a successful Paranoia game, I'll vote to continue. Assuming, DL, that you actually want to. Don't let the democratic process box you in; tabletop RPGs are a representative monarchy at best.

I'm going to second Kavonde here. Don't think I could say it any better.
Daemian Lucifer

Post by Daemian Lucifer » Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:30 am

Kavonde wrote:Assuming, DL, that you actually want to.

Sure I do.But its up to you guys to show some initiative.I mean,I can start railroading you if thats what you want,but Id prefer it if you guys got there on your own.
4th Dimension

Post by 4th Dimension » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:29 pm

Essetially we are buggered.
Currently we are standing in a Red (unmarked) corridor close to R&D. In the corridor am I, Kavonde (Diana), Lachlan the Mad (Loki-R), Equipment Officer (Chip-R) (who I think hasn't been on the forums in a while), Happiness Officer Lilly and our new teammember Team Driver. We are mostly unarmed and most of us are missing the equipment. Lilly, Diana and New Guy are I think the only ones that are at least somewhat equiped as in they have weapons and equipment (happy pills and camera).

Our objective was to go to the ADE sector from which Com-R-ADE was (he has been absent for quite a while too), use the commie blue caps to disguise ourselves and infiltrate their base. After that we were supposed to blow the base up with the explosives.
We were issued the explosives package and the disguise caps. Both were left in R&D sector, where we experienced almost complete TPK, by surviving Diana and Lilly. Although it is possible that Loki or Chip left the caps in a broken equipment box back in the Equipment issue office. They weren't there when we went back.
During our adventure in R&D we were issued a Energy rifle and a Protectitron helmet. When we tried to test them in R&D, R&D staff died, so we are still "issued" those. We were supposed to be issued with Brzzt-O-matic, but it was missing when we went to the R&D. Later PLC guy Carter-G gave it back to us after it was somehow "found". It possesed the ability to spawn mostly useless bots, allthough I have a feeling somebody used it to spawn some other droids in past. Well now it's useless since Loki managed to drop and break it.

So we have something like 3 pistols, no explosives, no diguises, a team dangerous Energy rifle, Protectitron helmet for one person, and are short one experimental BRZZZZT-O-matic.
Daemian Lucifer

Post by Daemian Lucifer » Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:43 pm

Well have you considered stealing or searching for a black marketpraying to the friend Computer?
Anster

Post by Anster » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:15 pm

Yeah
So like real patriots we should march forward and blow the commies up with our bare hands.
4th Dimension

Post by 4th Dimension » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:15 pm

Black market? Now who could possibly have connections there. Such person would probably fear being shot on sight when his teammates hear about his connections. I doubit we have enough of fleet of foot for stealing. Thus make waz to the dorms to praz to FC. :D
Lachlan the Sane
Location: I come from the land down under, where women blow and men chunder

Post by Lachlan the Sane » Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:55 pm

Anster wrote:Yeah
So like real patriots we should march forward and blow the commies up with our bare hands.

Now you're speaking MY language :)
4th Dimension

Post by 4th Dimension » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:16 pm

So only Akri and Traiden are missing as of now?
Akri

Post by Akri » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:28 pm

4th Dimension wrote:So only Akri and Traiden are missing as of now?

I'm missing?
4th Dimension

Post by 4th Dimension » Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:45 pm

Ahh. I though you were absent from forums. Sorry. I didn't notice your post up there.

So nearly everyone is aboard except Traiden who we havent seen in a while?