Hollow Shades: A My Little Pony Roleplaying Experience

Text-based gaming!
krellen

Re: Hollow Shades: A My Little Pony Roleplaying Experience

Postby krellen » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:23 pm

The festival did start. I posted all the things that are there for people to do. The only thing that hasn't happened is the Princess hasn't arrived. I'm not sure what difference having her arrive would really make at this point.

I suppose this is why most successful desktop campaigns involve a lot of random combat - it's an easy way to get players doing things again. Running combat on forums is really a pain, though. My biggest frustration as a game master is how overly reactive most players are.

If folks want to make different characters, then maybe we should just start over, with a smaller cast - hopefully characters that will already know each other instead of a bunch of strangers, so they can be planning on going to the celebration together - and see if that goes better.

dudecon: I'd say the character of Hollow Shades is dictated mostly by its love of the moon and night instead of the sun and day. So most ponies are night-owls, enjoy things like moonlight walks, moonlight fishing, stargazing, light shows and other night-time activities. I've never read Megatokyo, so I can't judge your impression either good or bad.
Kavonde

Re: Hollow Shades: A My Little Pony Roleplaying Experience

Postby Kavonde » Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:08 am

krellen wrote:If folks want to make different characters, then maybe we should just start over, with a smaller cast - hopefully characters that will already know each other instead of a bunch of strangers, so they can be planning on going to the celebration together - and see if that goes better.

That might not be a bad idea. I do like the character I've cooked up, but I'd be willing to coordinate with other folks to come up with a more sociable band of pastel equines. Besides, "directionless college graduate slacker" might be a little too on the nose.

That said, I apologize that I haven't posted anything in... forever. Keep meaning to, and then finding myself lacking inspiration.

(Right on the nose.)

Return to “Play-by-Post”