Ashes of the Angels

Text-based gaming!
SleepingDragon

Re: Ashes of the Angels

Postby SleepingDragon » Tue May 07, 2013 9:44 pm

Well, earlier that night Mary said "in a tower on top of the hills you know as Hollywood" so I'd imagine we'd head for the "top of the hills" area even if there was nothing even remotely identifiable as a "tower" there. That said it is Mary's limo and driver so I guess she's ultimately the one to decide where this thing is going. Plus Daniel doesn't really know how this works so he'd probably hope that once in the general area Mary would recognize some location or get some sense of direction or distance or something, heaven opening and the angelic choirs descending with a big "here be Frenchie" sign would be a touch surprising but I'm even willing to roll with that.
krellen

Postby krellen » Tue May 07, 2013 9:54 pm

The Hollywood Hills are home to the city's most wealthy. Grout's mansion (as well as Andrei's mansion, for that matter) was in the Hollywood Hills. It's basically a rich neighbourhood, a bunch of houses built on literal hillsides, fenced grounds, that sort of thing.
SleepingDragon

Postby SleepingDragon » Tue May 07, 2013 10:46 pm

Which will make breaking and entering all the more fun for sure. Daniel is going to wait a little while and if Mary doesn't come up with any specific insight (he doesn't really expect this kind of input from Ed) he'll throw around some ideas (by which I mean I'll post in the morning of my RL time).
NoneCallMeTim

Postby NoneCallMeTim » Wed May 08, 2013 8:37 am

krellen wrote:I'm not sure where you guys think you have gone. Mary wasn't given an address or anything.

Isn't she Malkavian, hence completely mad? Getting people to follow her while driving round in circles is practically normal.

krellen wrote:How about you all make a list of what you're trying to buy and I'll make a roll to see how easily Daniel can procure it.

They're going to need guns, lots of guns.
Daemian Lucifer

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Wed May 08, 2013 2:30 pm

NoneCallMeTim wrote:
krellen wrote:I'm not sure where you guys think you have gone. Mary wasn't given an address or anything.

Isn't she Malkavian, hence completely mad? Getting people to follow her while driving round in circles is practically normal.

Yup.It makes perfect sense to me.Its not like I picked the wrong time to go to bed,just before krellen could elaborate,it was intentional.Yup,totally.

Anyhow,what I said about trancing still stands,only Ill do it when we get to the mansion.
Anster

Postby Anster » Wed May 08, 2013 9:47 pm

So what happens now, are we going to break into the mansion or just stand around, lost and confused?

I have to admit, the silent scene I have in my head with Mary going into a trance without explaining anything and Daniel with Ed just sitting there, looking at her and each other is just great
SleepingDragon

Postby SleepingDragon » Wed May 08, 2013 9:55 pm

Oh I doubt there's an actual mansion there. Grout's old place pretty much burned to the ground and I doubt there was enough time for someone to clean the site up and then build a new home there. I'm guessing at best there will be a construction site but seeing as the place belonged to a paranoid Malkavian it is quite possible it may be years before they clean up the legalities enough to even figure out who the owner of the plot is right now.
Anster

Postby Anster » Wed May 08, 2013 10:01 pm

Pretty much. We need krellen to tell us what exactly are we looking at and if Mary found anything. I think even as an actual turn in the other thread, so we can continue from there

You can also roll a frenzy check for Ed because he is bored (kidding we'll do that later)
krellen

Postby krellen » Fri May 10, 2013 2:10 pm

Maybe I'm a bit confused, but I thought Seb was watching the White Cloud in Chinatown; the Chinese Theatre is in Hollywood.
lostclause

Postby lostclause » Fri May 10, 2013 9:39 pm

krellen wrote:Maybe I'm a bit confused, but I thought Seb was watching the White Cloud in Chinatown; the Chinese Theatre is in Hollywood.

Ah, my bad. I assumed the theatre was what I was watching in Chinatown. I'll just delete my post.
krellen

Postby krellen » Mon May 13, 2013 10:25 pm

Actually, per Grout, modern LA canonically has no insane asylums in the World of Darkness.
SleepingDragon

Postby SleepingDragon » Mon May 13, 2013 10:57 pm

Ooookay... not even of the "posh and fashionable " kind?

I'll allow myself to edit my last post accordingly...
krellen

Postby krellen » Tue May 14, 2013 4:47 am

Nines should probably wait until tomorrow night - the Daniel/Mary/Ed group has done a lot in one night.
SleepingDragon

Postby SleepingDragon » Tue May 14, 2013 6:56 am

I wouldn't say we've done, or at least achieved, a lot but it probably took quite a lot of time between driving around, shopping, praying and feeding... as long as we don't wake up to a full blown Gehenna ;)
NoneCallMeTim

Postby NoneCallMeTim » Wed May 22, 2013 11:23 pm

Nice to see the first instance of combat. I wondered how it worked.

Just like the canonical version, this gargoyle is tough.

Going over the numbers:
SPIRIT: Prowess, Difficulty 10 (Bodyslam Gargoyle). Roll: 4. Aspect: 2. Total: 6. Failure.
SPIRIT: Immunity, Difficulty 8 (Don't Get Creamed by Gargoyle). Roll: 3. Aspect: 3 + 1. Total: 7. Failure.

Is the aspect the attribute? If so, what is Aspect 3+1 ? Some kind of bonus to the roll?
krellen

Postby krellen » Thu May 23, 2013 1:35 am

Yes, Johnathan had a bonus to his Immunity in that circumstance.
NoneCallMeTim

Postby NoneCallMeTim » Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:13 pm

Looks like it is all winding down. Only Johnathan ( jconroy18) is really doing anything.

Shall we all post 'winding up the night' messages so the next day / night can happen?
Anster

Postby Anster » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:38 pm

Most of us already posted those, didn't we? I was pretty much waiting for others to do the same. Just came back from a trip that lasted almost a week and we're still on the second night

Not that I'm rushing, of course. It just feels like we're stuck and everyone is politely waiting for someone else to do something
Archimedes

Postby Archimedes » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:22 pm

Yep, I'm wrapped up for the night as well. Conroy's taking his time, and that's okay since he's not trying to keep up with anyone else atm, but maybe the rest of us could move on? Leave Johnathan in his own wibbly-wobbly time zone until he gets involved with another PC?
SleepingDragon

Postby SleepingDragon » Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:01 pm

I'm pretty sure our trio of BFFs is done with our share of the night but, especially since I think we're about to hit the dreaded Night of PC-NPC Interactions, I'm okay with waiting for when Krellen feels comfortable to cue in the next night.
jconroy18

Postby jconroy18 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:11 pm

I would be fine continuing the battle into day time or something like that. Although I do like the idea of Johnathan having his own time zone.
Daemian Lucifer

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:13 am

SleepingDragon wrote:I'm pretty sure our trio of BFFs is done with our share of the night but, especially since I think we're about to hit the dreaded Night of PC-NPC Interactions, I'm okay with waiting for when Krellen feels comfortable to cue in the next night.

Yup,we did all we could before the sun rose.All that is left is for the new night to dawn.
lostclause

Postby lostclause » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:42 am

My character will have already turned in barring an events on the way. I'm ready to move on.
Last edited by lostclause on Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
krellen

Postby krellen » Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:44 pm

Daemian Lucifer

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:10 pm

So,do I have to do anything special to get Ed's place,or can my collector just buy it off?

Return to “Play-by-Post”