Ashes of the Angels

Text-based gaming!
lostclause

Re: Ashes of the Angels

Postby lostclause » Thu May 02, 2013 12:47 am

Don't think he'd have had any reason to (unless there's something I should know about her) so probably not. As far as Seb's concerned at the moment she's a stepping stone to Gary so I'm not too fussed.
krellen

Postby krellen » Thu May 02, 2013 1:05 am

The real point is she's not human. Also I'm not sure how you got the idea she was a way to contact Gary.
lostclause

Postby lostclause » Thu May 02, 2013 4:41 am

" If you don't feel like mucking around the sewers, though, you might try that Cammie club in Hollywood - you know, the one run by the stripper? "
I thought that meant that she was involved with the Nosferatu and so she'd be able to contact Gary, perhaps not directly but go through their chain of command?
NoneCallMeTim

Postby NoneCallMeTim » Thu May 02, 2013 9:15 pm

*shuffles in*
Generally, if you want to get in touch with the Nosferatu, you put the word out to hobos and people with connections and they find you. Either that, or trudge round the sewers endlessly until you get found by smell.

Also, be prepared to pay in favours and info.
*shuffles out*
lostclause

Postby lostclause » Fri May 03, 2013 8:22 am

NoneCallMeTim wrote:*shuffles in*
Generally, if you want to get in touch with the Nosferatu, you put the word out to hobos and people with connections and they find you. Either that, or trudge round the sewers endlessly until you get found by smell.

Also, be prepared to pay in favours and info.
*shuffles out*

Yeah, I misunderstood. I meant to go to the Nosferatu first but due to me primary school level reading comprehension I messed it up. I've gone back and edited my last 3 posts to try and make more sense. Unfortunately that's screwed up your latest one krellen, apologies.
SleepingDragon

Postby SleepingDragon » Fri May 03, 2013 1:33 pm

I'm going to have somewhat limited access to the net over the weekend, I'll try to post whenever I can and it fits, for now Daniel will let Mary handle the conversation and just glare at her at the "before the meeting is over" line.
krellen

Postby krellen » Fri May 03, 2013 2:33 pm

The fact that I don't have to direct things for at least half of you is wonderful. It's exactly how I designed this game to run.
Archimedes

Postby Archimedes » Fri May 03, 2013 2:44 pm

I try to be my best. ^^
Daemian Lucifer

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Sat May 04, 2013 2:33 pm

Ill wait for SleepingDragon to return to continue this.

Besides,there are holidays here that I need to deal with,so Ill enter sporadically as well.
krellen

Postby krellen » Mon May 06, 2013 2:46 pm

Have I missed anyone? Anyone else waiting on me to move things forward?
Anster

Postby Anster » Mon May 06, 2013 5:32 pm

I think we need to wait for SleepingDragon, change locations and find out what others are up to, because I feel like I'm spamming the thread a bit :3 Sorry if it is the case
krellen

Postby krellen » Mon May 06, 2013 5:43 pm

Personally, I think it's great. Less work for me. ;)
SleepingDragon

Postby SleepingDragon » Mon May 06, 2013 7:19 pm

I'm around, having a bit of a slow day but overall I'm back on the net. I'm all for switching locations, possibly skipping the shopping scene since I imagine things can get pretty crazy and time consuming at our proper destination whichever way we'll handle it there.
krellen

Postby krellen » Mon May 06, 2013 7:31 pm

There's no particular need to roleplay through a scene of buying things. So long as it's quasi-legal (no rocket launchers or flamethrowers or stuff) you can just throw money at the problem.
Daemian Lucifer

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Mon May 06, 2013 7:33 pm

SleepingDragon wrote:(OOC: Up to Krellen if he wants us to roleplay the actual buying scene. Myself I'd skip it, even putting aside mind powers both Mary and Daniel can pretty much just throw money at any problem that could come up.)

Well I do need to stock up on blood a bit,in case it does get ugly.So Id like to know what kind of a pawnshop it is,and if the risk is worth it.
SleepingDragon

Postby SleepingDragon » Mon May 06, 2013 7:44 pm

If you just mean to fill yourself up I don't see a problem with stopping for that somewhere along the way too (I guess Daniel could use a mouthful or two as well, especially if that domination attempt back in Confession managed to drain him before the lightshow), if you mean like carrying blood bags... not entirely certain. I did establish that most of Daniel's business is drugs and blood trafficking so he might now a spot for that as well (and for this night he probably would be willing to pull something from personal supply or a source he couldn't use again for a while) but I'll again leave it up to Krellen to decide what we can get fast and if we should play through it or if we can jump ahead.
krellen

Postby krellen » Mon May 06, 2013 7:54 pm

How about you all make a list of what you're trying to buy and I'll make a roll to see how easily Daniel can procure it.
SleepingDragon

Postby SleepingDragon » Mon May 06, 2013 8:07 pm

Works for me I guess, ideally Daniel would like to feed along the way, even if it's fastfood (by which I mean just dominate some poor chap). Other than that Daniel is probably going to rely on his domination, Mary's dementation and Ed's combat expertise so not adding anything to the list myself (unless Ed heavily recommends something). Though I imagine it would be cool to have a stake just in case I think a single stool and Ed doing some carving work with a knife along the way would provide enough of those to go around.
Anster

Postby Anster » Mon May 06, 2013 8:15 pm

Well Ed would want a good long blade hunting knife as a main thing, added to his knuckles. He would also want a baseball bat just in case. A shotgun if it goes really well and you meet some bonkers shopkeeper or drive to one dealer he knows from his heist days
But he can only assume that those would work. He will, however, play it like he knows what he is doing, of course
Daemian Lucifer

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Mon May 06, 2013 8:31 pm

Mary will rely on her claws and fangs against humans,and dementation and allies against vamps,so just a stake for finishers.

Ok,we should stop somewhere on the way to fill up,that works as well.
krellen

Postby krellen » Mon May 06, 2013 8:50 pm

None of that is very difficult to get. Easily done.
SleepingDragon

Postby SleepingDragon » Mon May 06, 2013 10:26 pm

Excellent. So next we follow Mary's direction to Francine's supposed hiding place. Going to sleep now, if anything happens I'll catch up with it in the morning.
Daemian Lucifer

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Tue May 07, 2013 6:03 pm

Anster wrote:(OOC: That pretty much covers the cut shopping scene. We can add some flavor text and get to the meeting place I think)

Yup.So,what the hollywood tower like?Any lights on?How many guards?
krellen

Postby krellen » Tue May 07, 2013 6:05 pm

You might be surprised to learn that there is, in fact, no tower at all anywhere in Hollywood, in or out of the Hills.

(Madmen are really not the most reliable of sources.)
krellen

Postby krellen » Tue May 07, 2013 9:33 pm

I'm not sure where you guys think you have gone. Mary wasn't given an address or anything.

Return to “Play-by-Post”