Community projects are cool, successful ones are cooler

Necromance old blog posts, talk about Shamus' books or videos, or discuss allied projects like Errant Signal
Forum rules
This forum is not for swiping blog threads. Avoid talking about blog posts less than a month old.
mwchase

Community projects are cool, successful ones are cooler

Postby mwchase » Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:33 pm

Thanks to a series of mental associations (Diecast -> Andromeda -> PI), I found myself thinking about doing community projects here, and how PI isn't really going anywhere.

I'm going to toss out a guess for why that is: the leadership (*waves awkwardly*) doesn't have sufficient experience with actually finishing independent projects. (In other words, caffeine-fueled poster binges in college don't count.)

So, I'm starting this thread, I guess to get that out there, to see if anyone has any other thoughts on that, and to see what people have to say about these kinds of projects in general.

For my part, I'm going work on a new project, to try to get said experience, on my own. (Or at least until it hits alpha or whatever. The guiding principle is "if it's going to be a quagmire, make it a small one.")

Return to “Twenty Sided Stuff”