I think Lets Plays are cool

Necromance old blog posts, talk about Shamus' books or videos, or discuss allied projects like Errant Signal
Forum rules
This forum is not for swiping blog threads. Avoid talking about blog posts less than a month old.
Ninety-Three

Re: I think Lets Plays are cool

Postby Ninety-Three » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:31 pm

Daemian Lucifer wrote:So,heartstone has some new cards.One of them is a really funny weasel.So Crendor decided to make a weasel draw deck.Then he used it against TotalBiscuit,who is known for....Well,just check it out,its funny.

I don't get the joke. Like I understand that it's a gimmick deck based around a bad card, but I don't understand why it's funny to make a bunch of copies of a bad card. It doesn't do anything!
4th Dimension

Postby 4th Dimension » Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:34 pm

I guess it gimps the opponent by inserting bunches of pointless cards into his deck making it less likely that he is able to draw what he acually needs and not a pointless 1/1 for 1.
Daemian Lucifer

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:32 pm

The fun thing(to me)is that Crendor decided to make a deck that relies on drawing as many cards as possible,against TBs deck that relies on making the opponent overdraw.Thus Crendor was actively helping him.
4th Dimension

Postby 4th Dimension » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:44 am

Oh I got that part. It's typical Crendor suicide. I just thought the weasels had more to do with the fun part, apart from TB using his 101,1 WEASEL voice.
Wide And Nerdy

Postby Wide And Nerdy » Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:22 pm

Daemian Lucifer wrote:The fun thing(to me)is that Crendor decided to make a deck that relies on drawing as many cards as possible,against TBs deck that relies on making the opponent overdraw.Thus Crendor was actively helping him.

Crendor does seem to have a long history of playing humorously badly in games with TB
Daemian Lucifer

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:51 pm

While its fun making fun of Crendor,lets be fair to the goof and show how awesome he can be:

Crendor attempts one amazing thing,but does another (even more) amazing thing instead.Dont read the title of the video if you want to be surprised.
4th Dimension

Postby 4th Dimension » Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:18 pm

Guy, guys I think we have just gotten the best LP ever.

GeoP (previosly mentioned) plays and his crew comments on Asura's Wrath: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... v-4MSufffg

This game is like the fighting Anime, the video game. It extensively uses quick time events for the best reason to do ridiculously cool fightscenes. The art is also wonderfull for the limitation of the system it was published on. And while there are janky sections, the plot is good and the ramping of it is great. Any other rough spots are smoothed over by the crew doing the commenting on the game. Seriously you should watch this.

Also looking at it this game does a LOT of things right especially with the variety of scenarios it throws Asura in, from punching normal sized dudes, over smashing spaceships fleets to blocking planetoid sized fists, I'm surptrised there is not more of these. There are quite a few janky parts, where they reuse mook fights to padd things out and those are nowhere near as fun, but the rest is ... great. It might be annoying to play at times, but to watch was an expirience.
Steve C

Postby Steve C » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:28 pm

Steve Sinclair is the lead developer at Digital Extremes which makes Warframe. He also doesn't really have to answer to anyone since he's also basically the owner. He is playing through the game as a new player and making notes and sharing it on Twitch. He gets into the details under the hood. Like he'll open up the source code for sections he's talking about and show it. DE_Steve stresses all the problems, visual artifacts etc he finds and any other problems with Warframe. He also compares Warframe to other games and says what kinds of ideas and elements he wants to lift and put into his game.

Basically if you want a Let's Play that is interesting to developers and would be instantly killed by the legal dept in any other company, this is the stream for you:
https://www.twitch.tv/de_steve/videos/all
Daemian Lucifer

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:06 am

Jesse Cox joins TotalBiscuit and together they enslave a skeletal baby,then pit it against other people.Then they go on to fight the best.And then the finale.
Daemian Lucifer

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:52 pm

Pile of shit with a boombox aka more pit people

The fifth part shows the end of the early access story of pit people.Its funny,cant wait for this to finally come out.

Part six has some fudge packing.
The Rocketeer

Postby The Rocketeer » Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:47 am

TheDarkId's Let's Play of I am Setsuna is finally, finally, finally completed and added to the LP Archive. It's probably going to occupy my free time for the next few days at least, so if you wanted to air your grievances, trade recipes, or have me officiate your wedding, I'm afraid it will have to wait. Sorry.
Wide And Nerdy

Postby Wide And Nerdy » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:32 pm

Still in The Witcher 3. Now that I've upgraded, I'm enjoying cranking up all the settings. I can even turn on the hair. I could live in this game forever.

But I won't because I just picked up Dishonored 2 half off, so I'll be starting that one soon. Hopefully get through most of it before Spoiler Warning does their season. I'm so glad they wait. I guess this is the one thing that makes me thankful they're doing Life is Strange now.

By the way, Dishonored 2 was half off yesterday on Steam. Probably still is.
The Rocketeer

Postby The Rocketeer » Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:14 pm

Are you... uh... in the right thread...?
Wide And Nerdy

Postby Wide And Nerdy » Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:25 pm

The Rocketeer wrote:Are you... uh... in the right thread...?

No. I am not.
The Rocketeer

Postby The Rocketeer » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:14 pm

So I managed to blaze through TheDarkId's Let's Play of I am Setsuna in only a couple days, so ravenous was I to finally wade through it. And then, at the very end— in the last paragraph of the LP, in fact— Id, my favorite Let's Player of all time, whose work I've followed for years and years through good times and bad, announced that he just didn't have time for LP's anymore, and that I am Setsuna was to be his last.

One week ago, he started an LP for NieR: Automata, the sequel to my favorite DarkId LP of all time and, hell, the sequel to one of my favorite games of all time.

This should be my cue to finally break down and get a SomethingAwful account of my own, so that I can actually follow along with the thread. Fuck, I need one anyway for... reasons. But then, I have enough respect for NieR and its insane creator that I should play the game before totally spoiling myself on Id's take of the game.

AAGH I'VE NEVER FELT THIS MUCH AT ONCE.

Daemian Lucifer

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Wed May 31, 2017 10:15 pm

Is dark souls the dark souls of board games?Find out when TotalBiscuit tricks gets two friends to help him not die.First challenge is:Grab dice while they are in the air so that you can roll just the ones you need.
Daemian Lucifer

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:57 pm

So,TotalBiscuit has another cooptional lounge with friends,playing an interesting board game:Sheriff of Nottingham.One of the players was Crendor.Shock of all shocks,he screwed up.But this time,he screwed up in less than 15 minutes.Its hilarious.

Im sharing this before continuing the watch,so I dont know if Crendor fucks up again,but its likely that he does.

EDIT:Everyone fucks up.And the accents!Dear god,the accents....

EDIT2:Wow,that final play,just amazing.

Return to “Twenty Sided Stuff”