I think Lets Plays are cool

Necromance old blog posts, talk about Shamus' books or videos, or discuss allied projects like Errant Signal
Forum rules
This forum is not for swiping blog threads. Avoid talking about blog posts less than a month old.
Trix2000

Re: I think Lets Plays are cool

Postby Trix2000 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:45 am

I think that has to be my favorite Hearthstone video of his now.
4th Dimension

Postby 4th Dimension » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:23 pm

Daemian Lucifer wrote:
4th Dimension wrote:are there any other cards that can wipe the board in one swipe

Oh yes,plenty.But the funnest one is this guy.

Yes but doesn't that thing need to survive at least one turn since it triggers on turn start. So you need to play it, end turn, it needs to survive gajilion Kel Thuzads and finally if it has survived it will kill them. That seems unlikely to work when the enemy has all those Kels. Maybe if the enemy could play a 8 mana beffy taunt with that 2 mana card.
Daemian Lucifer

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:45 pm

4th Dimension wrote:
Daemian Lucifer wrote:
4th Dimension wrote:are there any other cards that can wipe the board in one swipe

Oh yes,plenty.But the funnest one is this guy.

Yes but doesn't that thing need to survive at least one turn since it triggers on turn start. So you need to play it, end turn, it needs to survive gajilion Kel Thuzads and finally if it has survived it will kill them. That seems unlikely to work when the enemy has all those Kels. Maybe if the enemy could play a 8 mana beffy taunt with that 2 mana card.

I said he was the funnest,not the best for that encounter.Twisting nether(used by one of the enemies earlier)would be much better.Also,doomsayer usually doesnt get triggered by the player who gets them,but by their opponent who triggers one of the shredders at the end of their turn.
4th Dimension

Postby 4th Dimension » Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:39 am

Daemian Lucifer wrote:Secrets all the way.With the best ending ever.

That card. That card was such bullshit, and the things it pulled . . . That guy obviosly bought premium RNG time from Blizzard.
Daemian Lucifer

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:43 am

4th Dimension wrote:
Daemian Lucifer wrote:Secrets all the way.With the best ending ever.

That card. That card was such bullshit, and the things it pulled . . . That guy obviosly bought premium RNG time from Blizzard.

Thats why I stopped playing the game pretty soon,but still enjoy watching it.Its just so much rng.
Daemian Lucifer

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:47 pm

For those that like long gimmick matches in heartstone,the milluid.
Daemian Lucifer

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:47 pm

A cutesy co-op game accompanied by a bunch of star trek references?Sold:

TB & Genna Play Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime
4th Dimension

Postby 4th Dimension » Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:19 am

TB going full ham in his Star Trek captain persona is the best part of that ;)

Have you seen them play that Starcraft visual novel and watched him go green with rage at what he calls bullshit mechanics and tactics.
Daemian Lucifer

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:31 am

4th Dimension wrote:Have you seen them play that Starcraft visual novel and watched him go green with rage at what he calls bullshit mechanics and tactics.

Yes,that was extremely funny.But I imagine everyone who is into the pro scene would react like that.
Daemian Lucifer

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:46 pm

Im not sure if this counts as lets play,but whatever:Press LMB to watch Jim Sterling pressing X to not die.

And if youd rather play it yourself:Press LMB to buy it on steam.
Daemian Lucifer

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:23 pm

How about some secret hitler streams?
EIGHT
FUCKING
HOURS
OF IT

The fucking link is the best one,the second 2 hours of secret hitlering.But hours and of it links have Crendor in them,and in the first 5 minutes...well,he is Crendor.

By the way,if you guys like secret hitlering,Id gladly moderate a round of it in the play by post.
4th Dimension

Postby 4th Dimension » Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:24 am

Yeah that was fun. Perhaps a tiny bit more fun to watch than play even. But I do support the hitler in play by the post. The only question is can you gather enough players who are here often enough.
Kelerak

Postby Kelerak » Sat May 14, 2016 8:08 pm

I'm appalled that no one linked this LP of Silent Hill: Homecoming.
4th Dimension

Postby 4th Dimension » Sun May 29, 2016 10:44 pm

I just watched LRR playing Gang Beasts.

It was fine at the beggining since the game is really silly and smart funny people are playing it. But than Serge replaced the Graham and the REAL Gang Beasts started with Cam being the heel who keeps winning and others need to band against him. The BM is real.
Daemian Lucifer

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:05 pm

Watch the tale of how Crendor lost the title of the dumbest player of all time.

For the impatient ones,this is the moment of the title loss.But dont worry,he quickly gets back in the running for the title.
SpammyV

Postby SpammyV » Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:20 pm

Among the members of the cKnoor_ Blood Bowl community, "Crendoring it" refers to playing as though you have an extra turn or two without actually looking at the turn tracker, meaning that the game ends when you're ready to score next turn because you didn't realize how late it was.
Trix2000

Postby Trix2000 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:51 am

When Jessie didn't move inside the castle at the beginning of the second to last turn (does that even need spoiler tags?) I could have sworn he'd thrown the game away. That last day made what otherwise looked like a very painful game to watch (having played a decent amount of Armello myself and being sad at all the poor choices) actually sort-of funny in the end.

And, of course, TB's blunder is one of the funniest I've seen. Especially considering it wasn't Crendor.
4th Dimension

Postby 4th Dimension » Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:55 pm

I have been watching an LP by GeoP and his crew of finest of video game Anime ridiculousness: Asura's Wrath.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... v-4MSufffg

That game is amazing in it's ridiculousness. The devs revel in the scale of fights they make. In the latest episode (it's an episode even in game since the game is split into chapters about anime episode long with a boss fight at the end) Asura's opponent drew his sword at him. Asura caught the tip. Then the guy extended the sword to the point he kicked him off the MOON (oh did I mention the fight was on the Moon, it was on the Moon) and Into the Earth. Then he punched the sword through Asura AND EARTH (it came on the other side). This thing is almost Guren Lagan (early) level of insane.
Kelerak

Postby Kelerak » Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:34 pm

Oh, Asura's Wrath. I remember playing that with my younger brother a couple years back, and were constantly quoting the ridiculous lines in the game, mostly "YOU LACK TRAINING!"
Daemian Lucifer

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:44 pm

TotalBiscuit and friends play battlestar galactica again.No Crendor this time,but still pretty disastrous and entertaining.
Daemian Lucifer

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:43 pm

So,heartstone has some new cards.One of them is a really funny weasel.So Crendor decided to make a weasel draw deck.Then he used it against TotalBiscuit,who is known for....Well,just check it out,its funny.
Steve C

Postby Steve C » Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:46 am

I don't get why it is funny. But then again I also don't get why Hearthstone is so popular.

Return to “Twenty Sided Stuff”