I think Lets Plays are cool

Necromance old blog posts, talk about Shamus' books or videos, or discuss allied projects like Errant Signal
Forum rules
This forum is not for swiping blog threads. Avoid talking about blog posts less than a month old.
Daemian Lucifer

Re: I think Lets Plays are cool

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:39 pm

Aaand,the last part is out.Its disappointing.Though,the chat with the boss was interesting.

Hopefully,he will do a heroic next.
broken_research

Postby broken_research » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:34 pm

Best LP-er I've honestly ever seen is Bobbin Threadbare. His current playthrough of Deus Ex is ... exhaustive, but it's what he does after the gameplay segment that really keeps me interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TD6QYVe ... V9&index=2

first (main game) video in the series. Previous video covered the tutorial. It's very, very in depth. And not necessarily in the way you expected; skip to 28:15 if you want to see what I mean.
Ardis Meade

Postby Ardis Meade » Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:40 pm

I'm sad there aren't more sarcastic recommendations for Spoiler Warning. Oh well. A lot of Internet Reviewers tend to do Let's Plays as side projects. Linkara has done Star Trek: Elite Force http://atopthefourthwall.com/other-videos/?ovc=lpef and is working on Pokemon Omicron http://atopthefourthwall.com/other-videos/?ovc=lppo; Paw Dugan has done a few Sierra games http://auditorydumpling.com/category/lets-play-2/; and The Spoony one has done to many to count http://spoonyexperiment.com/ (Some of these are listed as riffs.)
4th Dimension

Postby 4th Dimension » Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:51 pm

Some of the best LPs on the youtube are when TB and his wife Genna play something (better to say he is forced to play and she eggs him). It's amaizing. Like recently when they played HunniePop https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVa0Crj1oD8
INCREASE THE PASSION LEVELS!
Daemian Lucifer

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:14 pm

He is right you know,we should break into blind guardian at random intervals.WELCOME TO DYING!!!

Daemian Lucifer

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:57 am

Heartstone gimmicks.Second to last match is epic,and it starts here.The last match also has a pretty amusing ending.
Galad

Postby Galad » Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:50 am

http://lparchive.org/Neverwinter-Nights ... e-Betrayer

Having played this game - the MotB expansion, more specifically - years ago, back when I was a 1st year student IIRC, I have pretty much forgotten it so I started reading it again at a glacial pace. They're enjoyable, these LPs.
Daemian Lucifer

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Thu Feb 19, 2015 7:28 pm

So guys,have you ever asked yourself "What would happen if 4 farmers tried to run a dungeon instead of actual fighters?"?If you have,then check out this grimrock 2 iron man lets play.
4th Dimension

Postby 4th Dimension » Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:42 am

I have been allmost compulsory reading two KSP AAR's
JOOL OF KERBOL SYSTEM OR THERE AND BACK AGAIN
and it's sequel
THE GRAND TOUR - VOYAGE TO THE PLANETS

These two are amaizing. KSP is the canavas on which the writer paints an excellent SF story that is about the crew overcoming nearly impossible challengess in their Odysseic voyage back home. They are verry reminiscent of Space Odissey novels.
Also I think they can work on their own even it the reader is not famialiar with KSP but has some understanding of space exploration troubles.
Sudanna

Postby Sudanna » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:07 am

The Drunk and Ugly Let's Play channel is a fine, fine set of group LPs. It's a couple of the people who do the fine, fine Drunk and Ugly tabletop RPG actual play podcast. For a specific LP they've done, I suppose I'd recommend The Desolate Hope, which is an absolutely bizarre and beautiful platformer/JRPG/arcade shooter/uniquely genre-defying mess/masterpiece by the guy who later made Five Nights at Freddie's, which it is nothing like.
Narratorway

Postby Narratorway » Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:25 am

I've only just recently started watching Game Grumps in earnest after only watching the occasional odd episode culled from a Game Grumps Animated clip over the years. I definitely prefer Danny eps to JonTron. Not that he's bad, I just prefer Danny's dynamic with Arin more.
Daemian Lucifer

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:56 pm

Is it a lets play if there are people playing a computer simulation of a board game?I guess it is.

Anyway,I spent 5+ hours watching 4 people play battlestar galactica board game.The first part can serve as a nice introduction to how the game works and how it progresses when people are playing (mostly) properly.But the second part is a glorious glorious madness of everyone getting progressively worse at things until the ultimate (not really) surprising conclusion.Especially after the second hour mark,when the biggest "What the fuck are you doing?!" moment happens.

Check it out if you want to see how the battlestar galactica board game works,or if you are interested in how the tabletop simulator works.
4th Dimension

Postby 4th Dimension » Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:31 am

Daemian Lucifer wrote:Is it a lets play if there are people playing a computer simulation of a board game?I guess it is.

Anyway,I spent 5+ hours watching 4 people play battlestar galactica board game.The first part can serve as a nice introduction to how the game works and how it progresses when people are playing (mostly) properly.But the second part is a glorious glorious madness of everyone getting progressively worse at things until the ultimate (not really) surprising conclusion.Especially after the second hour mark,when the biggest "What the fuck are you doing?!" moment happens.

Check it out if you want to see how the battlestar galactica board game works,or if you are interested in how the tabletop simulator works.

Oh yes, I don't watch their podcasts but I watched this on a whim. And it did not dissapoint. It was amaizing. Also Crendor is such a doofus. And Jessie surprized me. I did not think hehad it in himto be shifty, since I was mostly familiar with his idiotic persona.
Trix2000

Postby Trix2000 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 4:19 am

It was pretty hilarious to see all their reactions the moment they realized what happened there. And then they laughed for a full 2-3 minutes!
4th Dimension

Postby 4th Dimension » Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:32 am

"Oh 18+, so I pass", moves to move his token out
"No . . . you . .. all these . . . where are your?!"
"YOU VOTED AGAINST YOURSELF YOU FOOL!"
Yes, that was one of those amaizing moments.
Daemian Lucifer

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:37 pm

Whelp,another 5 weeks of TotalBiscuit playing cards against the ai is upon us.The first tier has some fun,and difficult challenges.Though the mage unstable portals thing in the end is a cakewalk,but a silly one.

Also,whenever I watch heartstone,I get the urge to replay warcraft 3 again.Man,that was a good game.
4th Dimension

Postby 4th Dimension » Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:35 pm

Yeah. I'm still salty at Blizzard for going the WoW route. I miss the tone of it's cinematics and story.
Daemian Lucifer

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:50 pm

Here is one weird heartstone deck:Maximum overload.That means that almost all of the cards have overload on them.Its an interesting watch,and if you have these cards you might even give it a try yourself.
4th Dimension

Postby 4th Dimension » Sun May 10, 2015 1:23 pm

Now be fair the first match also figuured TB nuking ALL of his oponents in one spell since they were lowish health.

But yeah, you would think Crendor mught learn since she pulled the exact same trick on him the last time.
Daemian Lucifer

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:55 pm

We dont have a heartstone thread?Huh,weird.Anyway,tavern brawls seem to be really fun.Here is TotalBiscuits attempt at the current one,which looks amazingly fun.
Daemian Lucifer

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:33 pm

What if you started heartstone with 10 mana?Well this.But its when you reach the fifth game is when something really funny happens.
4th Dimension

Postby 4th Dimension » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:47 pm

Oh that Kel'thuzad play. I don't play Hearthstone so I don't know the cards, but I think once triple Kels get rolling the only way to stop them is to take them ALL out on one turn. And since TB had the board the only way to do that would have been Deathwing right? are there any other cards that can wipe the board in one swipe. Maybe brawl with that dude who allways wins it? But can you play both cards on the same turn for 10 mana.

Also the last game was amazing, because he obviosly greased the RNG with P2W to pull that Deathwing. :)
Daemian Lucifer

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:02 pm

4th Dimension wrote:are there any other cards that can wipe the board in one swipe

Oh yes,plenty.But the funnest one is this guy.

Return to “Twenty Sided Stuff”