Doctor Who?

Necromance old blog posts, talk about Shamus' books or videos, or discuss allied projects like Errant Signal
Forum rules
This forum is not for swiping blog threads. Avoid talking about blog posts less than a month old.
Daemian Lucifer

Re: Doctor Who?

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Sun May 07, 2017 8:16 pm

Thomas wrote:How did you find Bill stumbling on the monster of the week plot as part of her normal life - without the involvement of the Doctor or the TARDIS?

I was never a fan of cramming ever more weird shit onto earth(england,london),so this falls into my "general annoyance with the new who" category.But I like the new companion,so I dont mind slight contrivances like that.
Thomas

Postby Thomas » Sun May 07, 2017 10:41 pm

Daemian Lucifer wrote:
Thomas wrote:I was never a fan of cramming ever more weird shit onto earth(UK,london),so this falls into my "general annoyance with the new who" category.But I like the new companion,so I dont mind slight contrivances like that.

FTFY :P Although thinking about it, Doctor Who is weirdly fixed in South East England for UK episodes.
Ringwraith

Postby Ringwraith » Sun May 07, 2017 11:34 pm

Or Cardiff.
Where it's actually filmed.
So sometimes they don't have to pretend Cardiff is anywhere else.

However it's actually posing for Bristol where this has all been set this time.
Thomas

Postby Thomas » Mon May 08, 2017 9:25 am

I was actually thinking it isn't set in Cardiff as much as you'd expect. Also I'm embarrassed for thinking it was a made up university this season
Ringwraith

Postby Ringwraith » Mon May 08, 2017 11:33 am

There were the only two cities for a while anyway, then Torchwood laid claim to Cardiff exclusivity rights I presume.
Thomas

Postby Thomas » Sun May 14, 2017 11:57 am

Another pun based episode, it seems to be working.

Quite a depressing economic solution they were proposing there.

That was also the kind of story arc twist I appreciate, although the delivery was a bit Anchorman for my tastes.
Daemian Lucifer

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Sun May 14, 2017 1:19 pm

Why did nardole need a suit?Isnt he a robot?

If there was no air on the station,how come theres a vacuum outside but not inside?

Other than those two nitpick,yeah this one was enjoyable.
Thomas

Postby Thomas » Sun May 14, 2017 4:53 pm

I was wondering about the first one! I'd never even thought about the second, but yeah you're right, plot hole!
Thomas

Postby Thomas » Sun May 21, 2017 8:10 pm

This was a return to Moffat - it's trying very, very hard to impress you and be smart by being weird. But because we've had a series of standard, very good, very normal episodes, I'm happy enough with it.

I appreciate, for however brief, any version of the Catholic Church in fiction that isn't entirely evil and they got some great lines in. Nothing quite like having the Pope show up in your bedroom during a date.

The Monks are very Silence, Capaldi isn't very good at being blind but I'm glad they've committed and the execution was cool (but very Moffat)
Daemian Lucifer

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Sun May 21, 2017 10:13 pm

Thomas wrote:Nothing quite like having the Pope show up in your bedroom during a date.

Especially if you are gay.

It was a good episode.But I think that rick sanchez handled such situations a bit better.

Return to “Twenty Sided Stuff”