The Big Weather Thread

Necromance old blog posts, talk about Shamus' books or videos, or discuss allied projects like Errant Signal
Forum rules
This forum is not for swiping blog threads. Avoid talking about blog posts less than a month old.
Daemian Lucifer

The Big Weather Thread

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:32 pm

So,I saw snow today.In april.That was genuinely weird.Though not that unwelcome(I hate heat).

And judging by Shamooses tweets in the last few days,the weird weather wasnt just in my small neck of the woods here in the balkans.So,whats the weather like in your part of the globe?
VitezKolya

Re: The Big Weather Thread

Postby VitezKolya » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:38 pm

Normal Oregon weather. Overcast, posable rain.
Anster

Postby Anster » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:41 pm

Well it's funny here. We had snow 3 days ago (in a bloody resort city near the sea). Today it is +18, sunny and everyone took their winter coats off. Which made me bitter, because I wanted the parade to fail miserably
Groo

Postby Groo » Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:42 pm

Still have 3 feet of snow in my front yard actually. Very strange year as it's usually gone by now. All hail the wonders of "global warming" ... fools.
McNutcase

Postby McNutcase » Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:28 pm

Been raining the last couple days. Combine that with me forgetting to take my pills on Saturday, and I've been the opposite of a happy bunny.
JadedDM

Postby JadedDM » Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:43 pm

The weather has actually been pretty nice here in Washington (near the Seattle area) for the past couple of days.
4th Dimension

Postby 4th Dimension » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:04 pm

Weather has been swinging from extremes here on here Adriatic (couple of hundreds of miles south of Demian), but currently I'm sitting below an open window in a shirt and undershirt, so yeah crazy weather.
Someone

Postby Someone » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:53 pm

It had been cold and snowing for the last 4 months, now the temperature is finally starting to climb. Heavy rain was pouring all day so now everything is covered with thin ice and water, which is not a good combination if you're partial to your skeletal structure.

Still, I'm glad my morning walk to alma mater stopped feeling like a dangerous expedition to the north pole, and is now merely similar to the Black Mesa Hazard Course.
dudecon

Climate Change FTW

Postby dudecon » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:09 pm

We're breathing mostly nitrogen and oxygen around here. The water isn't all boiling away or frozen in the rocks. Plus, other than the oxygen, the atmosphere is mostly non-reactive! Really hoping it stays this nice for the next... lifetime at least?
Thomas

Postby Thomas » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:02 pm

I hate heat too, but I most prefer tepid (or rainy). It's been snowing for way too long now and across continents. It needs to stop, it needs to go away. The first day of snow everything looks magical and white, by the end of the first week everything looks white and incredibly boring because there's no colour.

This is spring! Daffodils, lambs, grass, leaves. Green stuff is what I'm getting at (and yellow stuff), not white (except for the lambs).

Speaking of lambs, they having a really hard time of it right now, getting wedged in snow. We can#t have winter all year round, this isn't meant to be Narnia
Jace911

Postby Jace911 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:51 pm

Last week in SoCal there was not a cloud in the sky above my town, and yet it rained anyway.

My younger sister and I stood out on the driveway, in direct sunlight at high noon, while penny-sized raindrops drenched us as we both stared up at the sky in sheer disbelief.
Aldowyn

Postby Aldowyn » Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:47 am

Last few days have been near perfect spring weather here in OK, actually, more so than the week before which was... chilly and windy.
noahpocalypse

Postby noahpocalypse » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:51 am

Here in Knoxville, Tennessee, we had snow over the local school system's Spring Break. A few days later, it was in the 70s.
Narratorway

Postby Narratorway » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:02 am

Last night, it rained so hard our street looked like a movie set when the use those fake rain machines. It never rains that hard around here. And lighting ever half second. It was nuts.
4th Dimension

Postby 4th Dimension » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:51 am

Remember how I said about 9 hours ago how it was quite warm. Well now it's suddenly pouring rain and it's getting a lot colder. Weather make up your god damn mind. Or one of you could be a wizzard or a MAD weather scientist. Either way stop messing with the weather you are dealing with the forces you'r puny mortal mind can not possibly comprehend.
Thomas

Postby Thomas » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:33 pm

Sun! Spring! Completely makes up for being in a train all day, and it was sun all the way across 4 countries

4th Dimension wrote:Remember how I said about 9 hours ago how it was quite warm. Well now it's suddenly pouring rain and it's getting a lot colder. Weather make up your god damn mind. Or one of you could be a wizzard or a MAD weather scientist. Either way stop messing with the weather you are dealing with the forces you'r puny mortal mind can not possibly comprehend.

A week ago there was bright sun, rain and snow all on the same day. The weather is officially screwing with us
Zukhramm

Postby Zukhramm » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:48 pm

It's springy winter over here. Or wintery spring. The spots still covered in snow constantly melt and refreeze, yielding a permanent and vast skating rink. Those few spots with visible ground or asphalt are filled with the sand put out during the previous couple of months to combat the ice, giving any small breeze the power to create clouds of dust. Humans weren't meant to live this far south.
Daemian Lucifer

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:28 pm

Sun and rain at the same time.Well at least it continues being interesting.Though I miss having a late snow.
Deadfast

Postby Deadfast » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:12 pm

I was unusually happy when it started raining yesterday evening. First time the precipitation wasn't in the form of snow this year in Prague. Hooray!
Steve C

Postby Steve C » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:59 am

Major icestorm hitting tomorrow where I live.
Naota

Postby Naota » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:14 pm

When I went to sleep it was raining heavy, complete with lightning and thunder that sounded like artillery fire. When I woke up, everything was covered in a thick layer of snow.

Er... what?

Maybe, just maybe, Toronto won't be uncomfortably warm this summer.
Thomas

Postby Thomas » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:34 am

So bright spring day, 20-22°, birds singing etc. And a grecian and a chilean ask me if the weathers as bad as this in the UK? -_-

Some countries are luckier than others. Then again we clearly invented the idea of industrial revolutions purely out of a desire to mass manufacture umbrellas as quickly as possible (and we conquered 1/4 of the world so that we'd have somewhere nice to retire to*), so it all works out in the end

*Possibly also so that someone would play cricket with us
Zukhramm

Postby Zukhramm » Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:07 pm

It's actually been raining both today and yesterday here. Snow looks odd when melting in rain. I guess I'll have to give up and finally call this thing spring.
4th Dimension

Postby 4th Dimension » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:55 am

Sunny weaher for the last week or so.
Naota

Postby Naota » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:38 am

So it was snowing last week. That was rather curious, but this is Canada so what can you expect?

Wait, why am I sweating in a T-shirt? Oh, it's 23 degrees outside! Spring's here, I guess.

What's the forecast for Saturday? A low of -1 and freezing rain.

Return to “Twenty Sided Stuff”