Agents of SHIELD (Spoilers Here, In Extra Ludicrous Detail)

Necromance old blog posts, talk about Shamus' books or videos, or discuss allied projects like Errant Signal
Forum rules
This forum is not for swiping blog threads. Avoid talking about blog posts less than a month old.
4th Dimension

Re: Agents of SHIELD (Spoilers Here, In Extra Ludicrous Deta

Postby 4th Dimension » Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:49 pm

Ehh, could be explained by the bullet graizing one of the major arteries, and he also put strain on that arm during the fight likely leading to more blood loss and pain.
Daemian Lucifer

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:30 am

Coulson has the best surprise face.
4th Dimension

Postby 4th Dimension » Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:15 pm

Well you would be surprised too if if you saw a man you hated whose chest you caved in and left him on an inhospitable planet, suddenly waltzes into the frame during a high stakes mission. And then you realize it's WORSE, that is not the man you hated but a monster you thought you stopped, 100 times more dangerous.

In retrospect this was a fun episode, that was less fun to watch mostly because I kept expecting them to serve SHIELD some sort of heavy blow, like Lincoln getting turned by Hive or something.

But episode surprised me while maintaining it's fatalistic outlook on precog.

I also thought Malik was going to take a dive off the building during the fight. Again he didn't, surprise, allthough his days are clearly running to a close.

But the episode also introduces new questions for speculation. How do you spoof these precognitions, and what will they be doing in SPACE, and how to stop/fool death.
Daemian Lucifer

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:51 pm

You cant.Fitz explains why.And I like that explanation because its probably how time works in reality.
4th Dimension

Postby 4th Dimension » Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:46 pm

I'm not saying you can change the vision you got. It must play out like you saw it. But you can mess with the outcome. Like let's say you see that somebody will shoot you in the chest. You will be hit no matter what, but if you bring a bulet proof vest you will still get his but you might also survive.
Daemian Lucifer

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:18 pm

Well that comes down to the visions not being experienced and interpreted well.Daisy automatically assumed that coulson shot her,not her reflection.Snow,not soot.Etc.
Steve C

Postby Steve C » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:26 am

During the Hydra feast at the start of the episode, have a look at the wine glasses. They are novelty glasses. It's not possible to drink from them as they have an inside lip. Turn one of those glasses on its side and no liquid will poor out.
Supahewok

Postby Supahewok » Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:14 pm

Hmm. Hmm.

Hmmmmmm.

Am I the only one who picked up on the foreshadowing that Lash will be the one to kill Hive? Lincoln keeps yammering on about how every Inhuman has a divine purpose, Andrew came back because he thought SHIELD would need Lash, Hive just showed up, Lash is the expert Inhuman killer? Or is it just me? Then again, maybe Lash's purpose is more like to fight against Hive's Inhuman army.
4th Dimension

Postby 4th Dimension » Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:00 am

Yeah I got that. Although considering how they are obvious with it, I wonder if it doesn't turn out that way. Also Lash is kind of the opposite of Hive. While Hive seems to have a sort of ideology where he doesn't want Inhumans killed, Lash considers his duty to destroy them.

Also that Christopher's? daugter that he told Daisy to guard, most probably will be an Inhuman.
Daemian Lucifer

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:32 pm

4th Dimension wrote:Although considering how they are obvious with it, I wonder if it doesn't turn out that way.

Pretty much my thoughts.But then,when you expect a show to constantly subvert stuff,does it subvert your expectations if it plays a trope straight?

4th Dimension wrote:Also Lash is kind of the opposite of Hive. While Hive seems to have a sort of ideology where he doesn't want Inhumans killed, Lash considers his duty to destroy them.

Its more like renegade geth situation:One wants to dominate and rule them,the other wants to exterminate them.Not a nice prospect for the inhumans either way.

4th Dimension wrote:Also that Christopher's? daugter that he told Daisy to guard, most probably will be an Inhuman.

Since its genetic,thats a given.Whats doubtful is whether she will turn during the shows run or not.
4th Dimension

Postby 4th Dimension » Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:03 pm

Daemian Lucifer wrote:
4th Dimension wrote:Although considering how they are obvious with it, I wonder if it doesn't turn out that way.

Pretty much my thoughts.But then,when you expect a show to constantly subvert stuff,does it subvert your expectations if it plays a trope straight?

Honestly, considering this is Agents of SHIELD, a show that is verry good at subverting your expectations and taking the third option, not because "Look we so edgy and shit" but because it makes sense, I have no idea how will it turn out.
Daemian Lucifer

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:25 am

Paradise lost?How prophetic.

Also,nice to see someone other than humans make the stupid mistake of "make a supersoldier" and have it bite them in the ass.
Supahewok

Postby Supahewok » Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:33 am

Steve C wrote:Malick will be killed off. Cute girls always get more screen time than pudgy old guys.

*Cough*
4th Dimension

Postby 4th Dimension » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:40 pm

Whelp there it goes with surprises again.

Also the creep factor with Hive is now at approx 220% I think.

I do call BULLSHIT on that Guerra LANDING the plane basically blind into a cavern.

So how much is this latest decision of Hive's going to bite him on his tentacle but?
Daemian Lucifer

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:52 pm

Its a shame that his name is in latin and not ancient greek,seeing how medusa looking his head is.
Steve C

Postby Steve C » Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:24 am

Supahewok wrote:
Steve C wrote:Malick will be killed off. Cute girls always get more screen time than pudgy old guys.
*Cough*

Yup. I was very wrong on that one. Nice surprise too. I did not see that coming until the kiss. I love it when I'm wrong. They built it up to subvert it.

So now I'm going to make another prediction that is so obvious that it could be a red herring. The person who is going to die on the spaceship is Yo-Yo. That shouldn't be a spoiler for anyone though as it has been foreshadowed this entire season. The very first scene of this season was the spaceship blowing up after all. The only way that's wrong is if it's a purposeful misdirect like with Malak. (Which I'd be happy to see.)

Oh and was that a reference to the West Coast Avengers at the end of the episode? I think it was.
Supahewok

Postby Supahewok » Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:50 am

Steve C wrote:Oh and was that a reference to the West Coast Avengers at the end of the episode? I think it was.

You mean the Secret Warriors thing? I assume it was a reference to... Secret Warriors.

Ugly there look familiar?

Still though, IIRC there's only 4 Inhumans that have been explicitly mentioned as potential team members on the show: Daisy, Lincoln, Melty Metal Man, and Yo-Yo. Which seems a little small-ish for an Avengers-like team. You'd think that maybe they'd add some other survivors from Afterlife, like that woman who could make copies of herself whom we last saw at the beginning of the season, but the casting of the next episode points to no on that. They probably can't afford anymore special effects, since they've got all the Inhumans on Hydra's side listed there too.

Steve C wrote:So now I'm going to make another prediction that is so obvious that it could be a red herring. The person who is going to die on the spaceship is Yo-Yo. That shouldn't be a spoiler for anyone though as it has been foreshadowed this entire season. The very first scene of this season was the spaceship blowing up after all. The only way that's wrong is if it's a purposeful misdirect like with Malak. (Which I'd be happy to see.)

I'm still unclear on why the hell they need to go to space in the first place, so I'm not up for any predictions there.
4th Dimension

Postby 4th Dimension » Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:18 am

Yeah that is the reference to the Secret Warriors that she has been gathering since the season's start. Joey, Yo-Yo, Lincoln and Sky. The numbers might be low because it's a TV show so special effect bdget might be a bit low. Also from the promo there seems to be a traitor on the team. The most likely and sensible suspect would be Lincoln, since he was in the same hallway with the Hive, so he could have turned him. Also having another of Daisy's loves turn on her is DRAMA.
Or they could do that to a random team member. But that would mean the team might go thorugh a change of members with the bad guys getting another Inhuman besides Guerrera, Medusa (that S. American Cop) and Hive.

As for space, I'm not sure QuinJets are even vacuum rated, so they might have been unwillingly ejected into space. Or that thingamajig they acquired this episode will summon some sort of Kree tech into orbit and they will race to stop it or something.
Steve C

Postby Steve C » Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:11 am

I feel dumb for forgetting what Malik said about his death. I should have known immediately who the traitor was.

Good episode.
Daemian Lucifer

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:20 am

I knew that the obvious one wasnt the mole,and its nice that they still had some security in place,but Im surprised coulson didnt put a bit more into it.He is still no fury.
4th Dimension

Postby 4th Dimension » Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:19 pm

I went into this knowing who was the mole, and I have to say it's kind of a treat watching this person manipulate events in their favor. Turining a simple quarantine into a life or death situation by playing on issues of the team.

On the other hand I'm miffed that they went this route. They kept baiting us with the Secret Wariors, and now they are basically saying HAHA we fooled you. We can not use Secret Warriors against the Hive.

Also I'm not at all certain where is this going, and how can there be any team good Inhuman after this.

As for Coulson it's kind of understandable that even had he suspected he wouldn't want to suspect the person he considered his daughter.
Daemian Lucifer

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:35 pm

4th Dimension wrote:As for Coulson it's kind of understandable that even had he suspected he wouldn't want to suspect the person he considered his daughter.

Of course.But fury wouldnt be fooled.
4th Dimension

Postby 4th Dimension » Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:38 pm

Fury had Hydra in his midsts, so he can not complain.

Also want to say that this show seems to have a mission. And that mission is fool take a third option any time we expect something of it. I can no longer try to predict anything knowing I'm likely to be wrong. And they have done it in such a way that it fits and is not a writer fiat surprise.
Daemian Lucifer

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:48 pm

4th Dimension wrote:On the other hand I'm miffed that they went this route. They kept baiting us with the Secret Wariors, and now they are basically saying HAHA we fooled you. We can not use Secret Warriors against the Hive.

It makes sense when you think about it.He was installed to keep the inhumans controlled.But there is still lash.

4th Dimension wrote:Fury had Hydra in his midsts, so he can not complain.

Who were rooted there before he was even born,and yet they still didnt manage to kill him,but he managed to sneak a secret access code under their noses.
4th Dimension

Postby 4th Dimension » Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:31 pm

Oh it does make sense in story terms, I was talking in meta terms. This season was supposed to deal with the Inhumans and assembling a first SHIELD Inhuman team. But then they added Hive as enemy. The guy that is literally their hard counter. Sure there is Lash, and I hope he is also immune, because he would be a shitty population control mechanic if Hive was able to mind control him.

Now the question on my mind is what does that orb do? Two possibilities come to my mind. A) It's kree device originally designed to control their Inhuman controler. B) it's something Hive needs to boost his powers C) knowing the show most likely it's something completely else.

Return to “Twenty Sided Stuff”