Order of the stick

Necromance old blog posts, talk about Shamus' books or videos, or discuss allied projects like Errant Signal
Forum rules
This forum is not for swiping blog threads. Avoid talking about blog posts less than a month old.
Daemian Lucifer

Re: Order of the stick

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:12 pm

Thomas wrote:That seems like a bad choice on behalf of the priest. I'd steal his passport or put him under house arrest (or kill him I guess)

Well you know how finicky those prophecies are.For example,the wording was HOME,not HOMELAND,so one of the arguments was "he will eventually go out,to get groceries or something".And being lawful good,murder and theft were out of the question.Though why the priest didnt trust durkon to tell him specifically what it says is what was the bad move.
Thomas

Postby Thomas » Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:17 pm

Yeah, if you told him, he'd happily sit in a cellar for the rest of his life. Maybe put him under house arrest in someone else's house? Depending on when the prophecy came about you might be able to figure out the home/homeland thing by just seeing if he's visited since then.
Daemian Lucifer

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:26 pm

Thomas wrote:Depending on when the prophecy came about you might be able to figure out the home/homeland thing by just seeing if he's visited since then.

It was made while he was at home.In fact the priest woke him up and threw him out post haste.And it was made 17 years before the start of the main comic.
Steve C

Postby Steve C » Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:27 am

Do you have a link to that comic? I'd like to read it.
Daemian Lucifer

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:43 am

Steve C wrote:Do you have a link to that comic? I'd like to read it.

Sorry,you have to buy it.Its in the origin of pcs prequel.It may soon become available in a pdf format,but the book format is available now.Though youll have to wait a bit for it to arrive.
Daemian Lucifer

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:16 pm

To bring stuff into the proper thread:

4th Dimension wrote:Ahhh. Gracias.

I was mostly wondering because Roy looked surprised as I was.

Trix2000 wrote:I got the impression that, even had he remembered it was a thing, Roy didn't expect the energy to be so... potent.

I mean, for "particularly harmful to undead" that was pretty flashy (and it seems to have healed him too!).

I think he was surprised because he has just realized what activated the light.He didnt figure it out before.
Thomas

Postby Thomas » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:24 pm

Ah that makes sense. There's absolutely no way he'd have forgotten what the sword does (or probably even it's power) considering how useful it's has been and should be against his main adversary. I was trying to remember if he'd had the memories of when it worked wiped or something
4th Dimension

Postby 4th Dimension » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:36 pm

Well Roy rarely uses his barbarian heritage to let loose with a rage which would synergise nicely with that sword.
Daemian Lucifer

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:29 pm

4th Dimension wrote:Well Roy rarely uses his barbarian heritage to let loose with a rage which would synergise nicely with that sword.

Barbarian heritage?His ancestors were fighters,but I dont remember them being barbarians.Also,speaking about roys ancestors,one of the best lines is "To me,its my sword,so I have it.To you,its still my sword,so I still have it".Followed by one of the coolest explanations of afterlife bliss.
4th Dimension

Postby 4th Dimension » Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:57 am

Well, that just shows how much I forgot about OOTS lore.
Daemian Lucifer

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:00 pm

4th Dimension wrote:Well, that just shows how much I forgot about OOTS lore.

That means you have to drop everything now and binge the comic from the beginning.Off you go,chop chop.
4th Dimension

Postby 4th Dimension » Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:08 am

Daemian Lucifer wrote:
4th Dimension wrote:Well, that just shows how much I forgot about OOTS lore.

That means you have to drop everything now and binge the comic from the beginning.Off you go,chop chop.

How about this, I'll put it on my TODO list?
Daemian Lucifer

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:46 pm

I wonder if elans puppet is going to count as the eight demigod and bring the thing to a tie once more.

Also,how much does it suck to be in the other two pantheons and just wait this long for the decision,not knowing whats going on in the north.
Supahewok

Postby Supahewok » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:13 pm

That'd be funny but I dunno. Elan is the only priest of Banjo's religion, and he's outside of the conclave. It'd take some contriving to get him in position and in the know.

I'm guessing the other pantheons are watching via TV. If those demons can do it, I don't see why actual gods couldn't.

Speaking of the demons, I'm guessing that they're going to be involved in the penultimate narrative upset. They still go two holds over Vaarsuvius, and a vote over the existence of the material world would seem to be in their interest. You'd think, anyway.
Daemian Lucifer

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:15 pm

Supahewok wrote:That'd be funny but I dunno. Elan is the only priest of Banjo's religion, and he's outside of the conclave. It'd take some contriving to get him in position and in the know.

It does sound like something roy would think up on the fly however."Hey,there is one demigod here you didnt ask!His priest is on the airship outside."
Supahewok

Postby Supahewok » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:25 pm

Provided he ever remembered about Banjo. Roy's memory is incredibly selective, and he tends to gloss over things he believes to be "irrelevant" to HIS quest. I'd honestly expect Belkar to be the one to remember it. It seems to be his time for coming out of left field with a save everybody else overlooked, which has been his thing for a while now.

Although, does anybody else in the party even know that Elan tried to get Banjo into the Northern Pantheon? I think he did that alone.

Edit: I wonder if the new vampire dwarf is Durkon's father, or someone else from his past. Narrative momentum is a little fast for debuting a completely new character.
Steve C

Postby Steve C » Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:57 pm

The new vampire is the guy from strip 995.
Supahewok

Postby Supahewok » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:13 am

Steve C wrote:The new vampire is the guy from strip 995.

Ooooh, forgot about him. Thanks! Guess Durkon is putting that staff to good use.

Edit: Looking at those strips, the other pantheons don't need TV's; their is a representative from both the Western and Southern conferences, and presumably Gods can look over their follower's shoulders when they want to.
Lachlan the Mad
Location: I come from the land down under, where women blow and men chunder

Postby Lachlan the Mad » Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:21 am

By the way, Roy does remember Banjo -- he mentioned Banjo earlier in the fight (strip #1005). That might not mean that Banjo will be the solution to this problem, though. It seems too lighthearted for such a dramatic beat. Maybe Banjo will show up and then have his vote negated by Giggles?
Daemian Lucifer

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:13 pm

Huh,didnt even notice belkars gloves before this.Nice.
Lachlan the Mad
Location: I come from the land down under, where women blow and men chunder

Postby Lachlan the Mad » Sat May 21, 2016 1:55 am

I like the part where Rich reminds us that the Monster in the Darkness does actually have a real physical form which he might just be revealing any day now. Aaaaaany day now...
Daemian Lucifer

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Tue May 31, 2016 6:45 pm

The warg is great.Cant wait to see him clash philosophies with the raven.

Also,"some guy he overhears is true".Hah.That whole exchange was golden.
Daemian Lucifer

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:01 pm

Mass linking to the current page.

Im not sure I like the new xykon look after the art upgrade.He looks kind of slim now.
Supahewok

Postby Supahewok » Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:14 pm

He is a skeleton.

I don't mind his frame, but his mouth looks weird now.

Return to “Twenty Sided Stuff”