Order of the stick

Necromance old blog posts, talk about Shamus' books or videos, or discuss allied projects like Errant Signal
Forum rules
This forum is not for swiping blog threads. Avoid talking about blog posts less than a month old.
The Rocketeer

Re: Order of the stick

Postby The Rocketeer » Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:03 pm

Yeah, his body doesn't look any different to me, albeit it's been quite a while since I've seen the old timer. The mouth does look sorta weird, but I'll stop noticing in a month or so. So, by the next strip? HEYOOOOO

Here's something I noticed, though, since you got me looking at Xykon: he picked up a pair of new stompers in his dungeon crawl! He's not wearing any in the previous panel, and there he is walking out with them.
Daemian Lucifer

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:07 pm

The mouth is what I was referring to with the "slimmer" comment.The rest of him is covered up,so its the same as ever.

The Rocketeer wrote:Here's something I noticed, though, since you got me looking at Xykon: he picked up a pair of new stompers in his dungeon crawl! He's not wearing any in the previous panel, and there he is walking out with them.

Good eye.Well,we know they arent boots of speed,because those are like totally lime green.
Trix2000

Postby Trix2000 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:19 am

I only noticed the difference for him when someone pointed it out, and I still don't notice it THAT much unless I look close. But when I do, it definitely looks a bit odd.

Might just have to get used to it, since he wasn't gonna keep his old look in the new art style.
Daemian Lucifer

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Fri Jun 24, 2016 4:13 am

That sly monster.So was he doing that the whole time,or did he just now start that?
krellen

Postby krellen » Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:31 pm

Daemian Lucifer wrote:That sly monster.So was he doing that the whole time,or did he just now start that?

Certainly couldn't have started doing it right when they started - Xykon's not oblivious enough to notice two or three x's when there should only be one.

But after the first dozen, it was probably easy.
Daemian Lucifer

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:36 pm

Also an interesting thing,some of those doors are very high up.So mitd either has flight on will,or more likely is very tall,just hunched under the umbrella.I mean he could be climbing,but it was implied that he did this quickly.

And is that umbrella resting on his head?Or does he have more than 2 arms?

Waiiit...4 arms and long body?Could he be one of the tanar'ri?
Daemian Lucifer

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Sun Aug 14, 2016 5:16 pm

Its nice to know that his family is of such great help to his fighting techniques.
Daemian Lucifer

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:52 am

Belkar finally gets to rub it in about his falling mojo.And those poor giants,they thought a spellcaster and an invisible rogue were bad.
4th Dimension

Postby 4th Dimension » Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:16 am

I don't remember since when does he have slowfall. I remember he fell from that shrine in the last event but I don't remember how he got out of it with an item (probably) of slowfall/featherfall.
Daemian Lucifer

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:18 am

4th Dimension wrote:I don't remember since when does he have slowfall. I remember he fell from that shrine in the last event but I don't remember how he got out of it with an item (probably) of slowfall/featherfall.

Twas a flashback.Its the gloves of feather fall he got from the gnome land.It really is funny how smart belkar can be when he plans to hurt someone.

Anyhow,I wonder if durkula will randomly stumble into xykon,or if the order will try to get the two to fight each other.But I predict that the two will definitely clash soon(ish).
4th Dimension

Postby 4th Dimension » Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:24 am

Well it's probably one thing that team Lich and OOS might agree. They want there to be a world after this adventure. Xylon wants to lord over it while OOTS want to defeat Xylon. But I don't know if they are heading in the same direction? Durkon is going for the dwarven lands while Xylon is in some Arctic/Orcish region going after the second gate/Snarl whatever.
Daemian Lucifer

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:47 am

4th Dimension wrote:Wwhile Xylon is in some Arctic/Orcish region going after the second gate/Snarl whatever.

Which is in the dwarven lands.Im not sure about the exact geography,but the main dwarven...um,cities?City caves?Anyway,dwarves are not that far from the last gate.
Daemian Lucifer

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:22 pm

By the way,if you havent done so already,you can buy the prequels in pdf format now,so that you can read the awesomeness that is xykons early years,and how elan assembled the party.You can also get the uncivil servant,a story about belkar helping other people.And you can get the first four compilation books there as well,if you want to read them somewhere where there is no internet.

BAM!DOOMSEALED!
Daemian Lucifer

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:59 am

I was rereading the early comics,and an interesting sentence caught my eye:

How ironic that shkler lack of knowledge of the denizens of the underworld ended up biting shklim in the ass.Twice.And the second time after the decision to be less proud about shkler knowledge.

Also,evans spiked tentacles of forced intrusion is still the most awesome of all the spells.
Daemian Lucifer

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Thu May 18, 2017 9:57 pm

New comic is finally up.Its rather confusing.
Thomas

Postby Thomas » Sat May 20, 2017 8:33 am

Is there a reason for the slow updates? It's going to be a real drag if the story finishes as slowly as this, but I think the writer has had health issues before
Daemian Lucifer

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Sat May 20, 2017 11:48 am

Thomas wrote:Is there a reason for the slow updates? It's going to be a real drag if the story finishes as slowly as this, but I think the writer has had health issues before

I didnt dig deep,but Rich just said on twitter that he was absent for a bit,but is back now.So I guess it was something personal.
Supahewok

Postby Supahewok » Sat May 20, 2017 3:57 pm

Rich spent the past month and a half finishing a Kickstarter promised prequel story starring O-chul.
Daemian Lucifer

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:24 am

I dont know why,but while reading 1078 this song sprang to mind.
Daemian Lucifer

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:53 pm

Finally the prophecy gets revealed in the main comic.Time for a roy plan.

Although...with all those comics concerning the gods,what might happen is for the heroes to lose to the vampires,have the dwarven council rigged,only for thrym to change his vote once he finally realizes hel doesnt give a damn about him.

Though I wonder when the sphinx pox will kick in.
Trix2000

Postby Trix2000 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:21 pm

While that'd sort-of work, I don't think it would actually be great story-wise. There'd need to be some twist to make it feel less like a complete loss for the Order, since they've been really building up a massive confrontation that needs some good resolution.

Also, thought it was already mentioned that they can't change their votes once cast.
4th Dimension

Postby 4th Dimension » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:12 pm

Ummm considering that they seem to be going from one crushing loss to another, I kinda fear another one is coming...

Also meta wise, they need so start winning soon or they will never beat Xylon without some sort of Deus Ex Machina and that would be unsatisfying IMO.

Return to “Twenty Sided Stuff”