TV shows are cool

Necromance old blog posts, talk about Shamus' books or videos, or discuss allied projects like Errant Signal
Forum rules
This forum is not for swiping blog threads. Avoid talking about blog posts less than a month old.
Andrew

Re: TV shows are cool

Post by Andrew » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:32 am

So apparently season 3 of 12 monkeys airs on 19 May and SyFy are releasing the entire season over that weekend (4 on Friday, 3 on Saturday and Sunday).

It's such an odd move for a traditional broadcaster to make. It's almost like they don't have faith in the show but they have already renewed it for Season 4 (albiet, the final season).

Anyway, I'm happy with that. Means I can binge the entire season at once!
Daemian Lucifer

Post by Daemian Lucifer » Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:42 am

Andrew wrote: SyFy
That name will never be not stupid.
Andrew wrote:It's such an odd move for a traditional broadcaster to make. It's almost like they don't have faith in the show but they have already renewed it for Season 4 (albiet, the final season).
They saw the success of netflix and they are experimenting with it.Maybe they plan to move towards a similar model,getting revenue online more than in other ways.
Daemian Lucifer

Post by Daemian Lucifer » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:28 am

The magicians managed to actually unscrew some of their mistakes?What has this show turned into?

Also,I think somebody is following us.They have turned off their headlights.
Ringwraith

Post by Ringwraith » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:09 am

Daemian Lucifer wrote:
Andrew wrote: SyFy
That name will never be not stupid.
But they have to have a copyright on their name!
Steve C

Post by Steve C » Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:08 am

Nope. Not watching Colony. I gave it a couple of eps but it didn't hold my interest.
Vulture

Post by Vulture » Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:37 pm

A few years late to the party, but finally saw the final episodes of "How I met your mother". Nine years of an excellent program, and then it absolutely shat the bed in the final episode. It is hard to think of a single redeeming feature of that finale.
Daemian Lucifer

Post by Daemian Lucifer » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:25 am

I have really enjoyed this marijuana cigarette

episode of archer.This looks like its going to be

The best.Day.Ever!
Daemian Lucifer

Post by Daemian Lucifer » Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:06 am

Now I want a cyborg cat.

Also,archer thinks of krieger as a jew?Thats fascinating.
Daemian Lucifer

Post by Daemian Lucifer » Sun May 21, 2017 10:33 pm

The first 10 minutes of the episode 5 of season 3 of 12 monkeys are AMAZING!
Andrew

Post by Andrew » Mon May 22, 2017 1:28 am

I have only seen the first episode of 12 Monkeys. With all of my shows ending either this week, or next week, I am going to try and make 12 Monkeys last because it's going to be a lean few months otherwise.

I thought it started a bit slowly but it really picked up in the middle of the episode. I was certain that the traveler who fought Cole would be either Ramse or Deacon but I was more than happy to see that it was future-Cole instead.

I'm a little rusty on the rules of 12 Monkey's time travel but when that lady traveled back in time to stop Cassie from killing herself did she create a new timeline? Or did that earlier timeline simply cease to exist from the moment she changed it?
Daemian Lucifer

Post by Daemian Lucifer » Mon May 22, 2017 3:36 am

Andrew wrote:I have only seen the first episode of 12 Monkeys. With all of my shows ending either this week, or next week, I am going to try and make 12 Monkeys last because it's going to be a lean few months otherwise.
Couldnt you just binge the whole season of monkeys,and then use the next few months to catch up on your list?Or better yet,watch buffy the vampire layer.
Andrew wrote: I thought it started a bit slowly but it really picked up in the middle of the episode. I was certain that the traveler who fought Cole would be either Ramse or Deacon but I was more than happy to see that it was future-Cole instead.
My thought while they were fighting was "Wouldnt it be cool if this was cole",and I was so happy when it turned out it actually was.
Andrew wrote: I'm a little rusty on the rules of 12 Monkey's time travel but when that lady traveled back in time to stop Cassie from killing herself did she create a new timeline? Or did that earlier timeline simply cease to exist from the moment she changed it?
It seems that the paradox proof vests make it so that the timeline simply gets rewritten instead of creating a new one.
Andrew

Post by Andrew » Mon May 22, 2017 4:37 am

Daemian Lucifer wrote:Couldnt you just binge the whole season of monkeys,and then use the next few months to catch up on your list?Or better yet,watch buffy the vampire layer.
I'm not even sure what's on my list anymore. I've watched and discarded a lot of it in the past few months.

I guess Iron Fist is still there but it's gotten so many bad reviews I don't think I'll bother. I do sort of want to watch 13 Reasons Why but the consistent theme ofrape might be a bit too confronting. I'll have think on that a bit longer.
Daemian Lucifer wrote:It seems that the paradox proof vests make it so that the timeline simply gets rewritten instead of creating a new one.
Yes, I'm quite comfortable with that. It fits in with everything I remember from the first few seasons.

Future-Cole has such a different disposition to present-Cole. Makes me wonder exactly how far in the future he is. This guy is happy and, seemingly, content, with where his life is. I wonder if he's from beyond the end of the series where everything is already better. The final scene with future-Cassie/Cole was a nice touch. I am guessing that when future-Cole mentions that present-Cole needs to forgive himself (among other things) he is referring to a future showdown with The Witness.

Also, future-Cole telling present-Cole that he's only "halfway done" was cute, considering it's the beginning of season 3 of 4. I wonder if that was an intentional wink to the audience.
Daemian Lucifer

Post by Daemian Lucifer » Mon May 22, 2017 5:06 am

Andrew wrote:
Daemian Lucifer wrote:Couldnt you just binge the whole season of monkeys,and then use the next few months to catch up on your list?Or better yet,watch buffy the vampire layer.
I'm not even sure what's on my list anymore. I've watched and discarded a lot of it in the past few months.

I guess Iron Fist is still there but it's gotten so many bad reviews I don't think I'll bother. I do sort of want to watch 13 Reasons Why but the consistent theme ofrape might be a bit too confronting. I'll have think on that a bit longer.
Its settled then.You are going to watch buffy.
Andrew

Post by Andrew » Mon May 22, 2017 5:34 am

Heh, yes I suppose there is Buffy.

But that's a 7 season commitment and I'm not sure if I have it in me right now!
Lachlan the Sane
Location: I come from the land down under, where women blow and men chunder

Post by Lachlan the Sane » Mon May 22, 2017 8:02 am

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt season 3, anyone? Holy shit was it a complicated plot. Went absolutely everywhere and pretty much had to suspend at least one arc per episode to deal with the six other arcs it was juggling. Still as hilarious as ever though.

Best line in the season, not a plot spoiler but tagged because it's from pretty far in: "If you are allergic to any of the vegetables mentioned in Shakespeare, you will find nothing here to your liking!"
Daemian Lucifer

Post by Daemian Lucifer » Mon May 22, 2017 11:51 am

Andrew wrote:I have only seen the first episode of 12 Monkeys. With all of my shows ending either this week, or next week, I am going to try and make 12 Monkeys last because it's going to be a lean few months otherwise.
You have no idea what ride you are postponing.
Andrew wrote: But that's a 7 season commitment and I'm not sure if I have it in me right now!
Then take it one episode at a time.Besides,its not 7 seasons.The 1st one is only 50% long.So just 6 and a half.Plus angel.Plus the comics.
Steve C

Post by Steve C » Mon May 22, 2017 4:52 pm

Samurai Jack is over. It took 13 years but this great show finally has an ending.
Andrew

Post by Andrew » Tue May 23, 2017 12:41 am

Daemian Lucifer wrote:You have no idea what ride you are postponing.
Are you finished already? It sounds like you're finished!

Anyway, I watched another one last night and I expect I will probably be finished before June.

It is a damn good series. As good as season 2 was over season 1 at this early stage.

I never liked Jennifer in Season 1 but she has really grown on me. I thought the actress did a fantastic job in episode 2.

I'm also glad that we got an explanation for how they are affecting time when they use their personal time travel devices although how Jones came to the conclusion she did at the end was a bit of a stretch. It was obviously all true but she didn't really have very much to go on when making her massive leaps of logic!
Daemian Lucifer

Post by Daemian Lucifer » Tue May 23, 2017 3:46 am

Andrew wrote:
Daemian Lucifer wrote:You have no idea what ride you are postponing.
Are you finished already? It sounds like you're finished!
Oh yeah.It was marvelous.
Andrew wrote: I never liked Jennifer in Season 1 but she has really grown on me. I thought the actress did a fantastic job in episode 2.
She gets even more awesome in future episodes.
Andrew wrote: I'm also glad that we got an explanation for how they are affecting time when they use their personal time travel devices although how Jones came to the conclusion she did at the end was a bit of a stretch. It was obviously all true but she didn't really have very much to go on when making her massive leaps of logic!
What do you mean?She still remembers what happened in the erased timeline.And cole told her about those vests in episode 1 already.
Thomas

Post by Thomas » Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:33 pm

Started watching Legend of Korra again. My enthusiasm has not faded. I might appreciate it a little more even.
Retsam

Post by Retsam » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:16 pm

FWIW, there's a long-dead thread on Avatar and Legend of Korra in case you're interested in practicing your necromantic threadbending.
Thomas

Post by Thomas » Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:18 am

Cheers I'm not planning to say any more detail on it though, because I feel like I had one of the more positive impressions originally and bringing it up again would probably just annoy people. I'm just happy I wasn't deceiving myself at least and that it still has a hold on me.
Daemian Lucifer

Post by Daemian Lucifer » Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:47 am

Thomas wrote:Cheers I'm not planning to say any more detail on it though, because I feel like I had one of the more positive impressions originally and bringing it up again would probably just annoy people.
Nah,go ahead,share like and subscribe.
The Rocketeer

Post by The Rocketeer » Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:56 am

That feeling when you want to incite an argument over whether Korra should go in this thread or the anime thread, but you know you shouldn't (and you also have no opinion).