Game of Thrones: The Show: The Threadening

Necromance old blog posts, talk about Shamus' books or videos, or discuss allied projects like Errant Signal
Forum rules
This forum is not for swiping blog threads. Avoid talking about blog posts less than a month old.
Daemian Lucifer

Re: Game of Thrones: The Show: The Threadening

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:30 pm

I think Thomas is correct:We have been secretly transported to the bizarro earth.Apparently,its the network that wants the show to go on forever,while the writers want "only" 7 seasons of it.Furthermore,the network doesnt want it to be a movie,but rather continue to be a show,because they dont want to charge audiences for a movie ticket when they are already subscribed to the channel.
Daemian Lucifer

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:42 am

Awww,little cersei is so cute.As in just as cold and creepy.

Daamn!Ive seen many unsettling things on this show,but those shots of tywin with those stones are way creepy.Why did they choose to bury someone with those abominable stones on their eyes?*shivers*

That fucking crate is amazing!It makes your beard so trim.I want one for myself.

Wow.Amazing how three men can show so much respect for each other while they were fighting against each other,differing so much in their beliefs,and one is killing the other who was sentenced to a gruesome death by the third.And yet,we cannot find even one percent of that in your average internet flame war.For shame.
Daemian Lucifer

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Mon May 18, 2015 4:30 am

"The dwarf lives until we find a cock merchant."

Best line ever.

Also NOBODY EXPECTS THE WESTEROS INQUISITION!
Zukhramm

Postby Zukhramm » Mon May 18, 2015 8:02 am

This thing, huh? They pretty much removed anything I liked in the boo,. Yeah, yeah, the sow is separate blah blah. Whatever.
Narratorway

Postby Narratorway » Mon May 18, 2015 7:07 pm

Fuck, how many eps are we in, cause I been missing all of 'em.

Daemian Lucifer

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Mon May 18, 2015 7:25 pm

Narratorway wrote:Fuck, how many eps are we in, cause I been missing all of 'em.

Six.Meaning you have three more weeks before the big fuck you audience of this season.
JadedDM

Postby JadedDM » Mon May 18, 2015 8:10 pm

I don't think Ellaria really thought any of this through. What exactly was her plan here? I mean, surely she realized that if she succeeded, the prince would immediately suspect her, right? But she seemed surprise when the guards showed up to arrest her.
Daemian Lucifer

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Mon May 25, 2015 5:54 am

Zukhramm wrote:This thing, huh? They pretty much removed anything I liked in the boo,. Yeah, yeah, the sow is separate blah blah. Whatever.

And as it sowed,it reaped.Especially cersei.Predictable,but satisfying.

Also,damn,with the ending of the previous season I thought sansa has finally become smart.But nope,just as stupid as ever.Oh well.At least the ferocious dwarf was entertaining.And so were the prison lovebirds.
Daemian Lucifer

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:33 am

A lich is binding ghouls?!Turn undead!!

Well,I cant say that it was worth the wait of 48 episodes,but it definitely was cool.Also,what was jon snows sword made out of?Valyrian steel?I forgot if any significance was given to it.
Steve C

Postby Steve C » Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:02 am

It was the Lord Commander's sword named Longclaw. It had belonged to the Mormonts for hundreds of years and had a bear's head on the pommel. The pommel was changed into a wolf for Jon and given him for saving the Commander's life from the dead man. It was Valyrian steel and Jon's friends made a big deal over it.
Daemian Lucifer

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:31 am

You know nothing jon snow!

Oh my god,you monsters!You made cersei cry!

I wasnt expecting surprise blindness.But it is a fitting punishment.Also,isnt Maisie Williams leaving the show?I was expecting that this whole story was used so they could use different actresses for the character.But with this,it seems she will be confined to one face for quite a while.She still is a lovable psycho.That kill was epic.

Wasnt surprised at all by "joan of arc" and "brutus circle".Still,those were nice scenes.Though I was surprised by the mother finally showing some emotion.She was pretty indoctrinated before that.
Daemian Lucifer

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Tue May 24, 2016 4:32 pm

So the award for the most evil act in the show went to bran.That was unexpected.
Daemian Lucifer

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:27 am

So why do people still keep putting jon snow into leadership positions?He lost the battle AGAIN,and had to be bailed out by someone else AGAIN.

Anyway,massive spoilers implied:how long will they continue teasing us with jon snows real mother?I mean that vision with bran seeing ned almost go into the tower was almost near the beginning of the season,and still they havent come back to that.Have they revealed that stuff in the book anyway?
4th Dimension

Postby 4th Dimension » Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:36 pm

It's also heavily teased in the books with no firm confirmation.
Daemian Lucifer

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:01 am

So two things I dont get:

Why pycelle?He was a useful weasel and I didnt see how he stopped being useful.

If the wall has magical wards,why are they afraid of the undead?
4th Dimension

Postby 4th Dimension » Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:05 am

Pycelle was eliminated because I think he was the weakest link among the schemers of the King's Landing, and ultimately he knew too much.

I think the wall merely has wards against it not crumbling under it's own weight or against a conventional attack or smaller operations of the undead. A full blown zombified population from over the wall hitting the wall would be another thing.

But then again I was never that into the ASOIAF books.
Daemian Lucifer

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:40 pm

The penultimate episode has 10/10 on imdb with over 100 000 votes.Ive never seen that before.I think this is because the "good guys" are finally winning.
Steve C

Postby Steve C » Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:33 pm

This season finale was the first time GoT felt like like traditional TV to me.Good guys win and it's a finale so lets write out the larger cast of characters that are getting expensive. Parse down to our core characters and reduce the cast budget. The budget crunch was really noticeable in the episode they took Riverrun. All the physical conflict was resolved offscreen. Waif vs Lady Crane, Arya vs Waif, Blackfish vs guards, and villagers vs Brotherhood Without Banners renegades.

Now that the show timeline has passed the books it has lost something that made it special. Before it was finding creative ways to depict the books. Now you can see the hands of some Hollywood suit really influencing scenes.

Also did I hear Frey correctly? That Edmure Tully went back to being a prisoner after he surrendered Riverrun? That makes no sense on any level.
Daemian Lucifer

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:14 pm

Steve C wrote: That Edmure Tully went back to being a prisoner after he surrendered Riverrun? That makes no sense on any level.

How?He hates them,he just cares about his family.What is he to do,risk their lives now when he succumbed to blackmail before?And what are they to do?Let him go free just because he was a good prisoner?
Steve C

Postby Steve C » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:20 pm

He was let go. Fully. He was marching at the head of an army last I saw. What happened after that? Unless that army was betrayed and overpowered it doesn't make sense. He just goes back to the Freys and says "Lock me up. Just don't hurt the son I've never seen"? And it occurs off-screen? Na. No matter which way it is sliced it is bullshit. Any reversal like that had to be shown on screen. Not in some offhand dinner banter.

And something else that is bothering me is Lyanna Stark's death. She was burned alive in front of the iron throne with a full court of witnesses. I thought for sure it was pointed out to Sansa or Ned or something along those lines in the throne room. But I'd have to watch 3 seasons or read a couple of books to find it again.
Supahewok

Postby Supahewok » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:46 pm

Steve C wrote:And something else that is bothering me is Lyanna Stark's death. She was burned alive in front of the iron throne with a full court of witnesses. I thought for sure it was pointed out to Sansa or Ned or something along those lines in the throne room. But I'd have to watch 3 seasons or read a couple of books to find it again.

I have no idea what they did in the show, but in the books Lyanna Stark always died in the Tower of Joy, and Ned and his swamp buddy were the only ones around to hear her last words. One of the most popular Jon Snow theories has her as his mother, making Ned his uncle, and also making Jon a Targaryen, technically.

It was Ned's older brother and father who were killed in the throne room, the father by burning alive.
Daemian Lucifer

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:46 pm

Steve C wrote:He was let go. Fully. He was marching at the head of an army last I saw.

Just rewatched the ending of episode 8,and his last scene is when he says "Find the blackfish.Put him in irons and hand him over to the freys."There is a scene where the defenders are marched out of the castle,but edmure wasnt amongst them,they were disarmed,and it seems like they were prisoners,not let go to freely march out(there were two armored guys in front of them).

Steve C wrote:And something else that is bothering me is Lyanna Stark's death. She was burned alive in front of the iron throne with a full court of witnesses.

No,that was her father.Check the wiki,its the only burning alive thats mentioned on her page.

Supahewok wrote:One of the most popular Jon Snow theories has her as his mother, making Ned his uncle, and also making Jon a Targaryen, technically.

That is now confirmed canon in the show.
Supahewok

Postby Supahewok » Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:46 am

Daemian Lucifer wrote:
Supahewok wrote:One of the most popular Jon Snow theories has her as his mother, making Ned his uncle, and also making Jon a Targaryen, technically.

That is now confirmed canon in the show.

Oh, wonderful. That means the dumb stupid idiot asshat is going to be the prince that was promised and the "real" main character of the entire series. Granted, the other possibility was Daenarys, and I think I might've disliked her more in that role, but only just.

Man I just wish both of them had died in those latest assassination attempts to give the actually fun characters more screentime. Well, in the books, again, I don't watch the show.
Steve C

Postby Steve C » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:10 pm

The show has touched on "the prince that was promised." Aka the "Azor Ahai". Supahewok even touched on it in that post from a year ago. With the episode Spoils of War there's a lot of chat on the internet about the prophesy due to that episode. What's interesting is if you put "Azor Ahai" into google, it autocompletes to "Azor Ahai Jamie." Apparently the current fan theory is that Jamie is "The prince that was promised." There are plenty of videos this week explaining why so I'm not going to explain how he matches the prophesy. I'm going to refute it. Kinda.

I'm going to put it in writing now that, no, I do not believe that Jamie is the prince that was promised. He's just not. I do think there is a strong link to the prophesy. It's just a little bit of a misdirect. Jaime isn't the Azor Ahai. Jamie is in fact Lightbringer: the *sword* of the Azor Ahai. Jamie will be reforged 3 times. Battle of the Loot Train was one of the reforgings. Jamie is going to kill Cersei after she betrays him. Which will be the final reforging. Jamie will use his golden hand to kill Cersei. It will burn through her and turn her throat to ash. That completes Jamie Lannister's character arc. Jamie may or may not survive. Either way he will be different. Afterwards he will become the general of the army of all men against the Night King. Thus becoming the sword of the true Azor Ahai.

Return to “Twenty Sided Stuff”