D&D 4e Homebrew

Talk about nerdgames FOR NERDS.
RetroRaider64k

D&D 4e Homebrew

Postby RetroRaider64k » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:38 am

Inspired by the Homebrew Setting thread (and my being asked for details on one of my Races); I've decided to start this thread for anyone to post Homebrew Races/Classes/Themes/Backgrounds/Weapons/Magic Items/etc. for D&D 4e. Naturally, anyone wanting to post, say, Pathfinder Homebrews, should start their own thread or this would quickly become unnavigatable (or at least, more than it will anyway.) I'll start by reposting the Neanderthal and Half-Neanderthal Races from my Britannia Setting:

Neanderthal

Average Height: 4' 9" - 5'5"
Average Weight: 146 - 171 lb.

Ability Scores: +2 Constitution, +2 Wisdom
Size: Medium
Speed: 5 squares
Vision: Low-Light

Languages: Common, Stonic (the Magic-developed Neanderthal Language)
Skill Bonuses: +2 Nature + Perception

Iceman: Resist Cold 5 + 1/2 Level
Encumbered Speed: You move at your normal speed even when it would normally be reduced by armor or a heavy load. Other effects that limit speed (such as difficult terrain or magical effects) affect you normally.
Neanderthal Weapon Proficiency: You gain Proficiency with the Club, Spear, and Greatclub.
Stand Your Ground: When an effect forces you to move—through a pull, a push, or a slide—you can move 1 square less than the effect specifies. This means an effect that normally pulls, pushes, or slides a target 1 square does not force you to move unless you want to. In addition, when an attack would knock you prone, you can immediately make a saving throw to avoid falling prone.
Incredible Toughness: You have the Incredible Toughness Power.

Incredible Toughness Neanderthal Racial Power
Through dogged determination and sheer physical hardiness, you shrug offan effect that would daunt a lesser person.
Encounter
No Action Personal
Trigger: You start your turn.
Effect: You end any ongoing damage or any dazed, slowed, stunned, or weakened condition currently affecting you.

Half-Neanderthal
Human Subrace

Racial Background:
*Associated Skill: Intimidate
*Associated Languages: Stonic, Primordial

Ability Scores: +2 Strength, +2 Wisdom
Vision: Low-Light

Iceman: Replaces Bonus Skill
Encumbered Speed and Jungle Warrior replace Human Defence Bonus
Jungle Warrior: You gain Proficiency with the Whip, and if you're a Martial Class with Dex. 13 you gain the Whip Training Feat.
Stand Your Ground: Replaces Bonus Feat
Incredible Toughness: Replaces Bonus At-Will
RetroRaider64k

Re: D&D 4e Homebrew

Postby RetroRaider64k » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:07 pm

Bohemian Theme

Preuequisate: Unaligned

Bohemians are Musical, Artistic, and Literary types who live on the edge of society; wanderers, adventurers, and vagabonds who defy authority and the norm as a way of life.

Starting Feature: Minstrel, Rebellious Spirit, Towel

Minstrel
You gain the Performer Feat. You have a Songbook, which is the same as a Ritual Book with the same method of acquiring and Mastering Songs. You gain two Songs for free at First Level. You may perform one Song per Encounter, and each Song may only be used once a day. Performing requires a Musical Instrument, and takes a Standard Action.

Rebellious Spirit
+2 Will defence vs. Charm attacks; you may attempt a Saving Throw against Slide effects.

Towel
One-handed Simple Melee Weapon
Damage: 1d4 (dry), 1d6 (wet)
Proficiency: +2
Weight: 3lb (dry), 6lb (wet)
Group: Flail
Properties: Off-Hand, Reach, Versatile, +1 AC when wielded

L2 Utility: Fein Injury
Fein Injury Bohemian Utility 2
You hammily overreact to a failed attempt to strike you, befuddling your foe in the process.
Daily ✦ Arcane
Triggered Action Personal
Target: Triggering creature
Effect: You slide yourself and the target a number of spaces equal to your Charisma modifier.

L5 Feature: Epic Minstrel, Arcane Artist's Tools - Quill

Epic Minstrel
You may now perform two Songs per encounter, and each Song may be used twice per day, but only once per Encounter.

Arcane Artist's Tools:
• Quill - copy down Rituals and Songs in half the time, and compose your own Songs (takes 8 hours, requires Arcana check.)

L6 Utility: Protest Song
Protest Song Bohemian Utility 6
You weave your words of peace and love, compelling your foes to lay down their arms.
Daily ✦ Implement Charm
Standard Action Close Burst Charisma modifier
Target: All enemies in Burst
Attack: Charisma vs. Will
Effect: All affected Creatures are Stunned (save ends.)

L10 Feature: Artist's Touch, Arcane Artist's Tools - Paint Brush and Board

Artist's Touch
You use your Arcane Paintbrush and Board to temporarily add a Magical bonus or status effect to a Weapon, piece of Armour, Magic Item etc. belonging to yourself or an adjacent Party member (to be applied on their next turn.) The bonus or number of rounds the effect lasts is equal to your Constitution modifier. It takes a Minor Action to apply and requires an Arcana check, the result determining what effects you're able to apply. Status effects cannot stack.
Easy: Dazed, Deafened, Helpless, Immobilized, Marked, Weakened
Moderate: Blinded, Grabbed, Prone, Restrained, Slowed
Hard: Dominated, Stunned, Unconscious

L10 Utility: Deus Ex Machina
Deus ex Machina Bohemian Utility 10
Your skill with your Quill is such that you can compel a foe to act against their will.
Daily ✦ Implement Charm
Standard Action Ranged 10
Target: One creature.
Attack: Charisma vs. Will
Effect: You force the target to take a full turn against its will.
sarakhan

Re: D&D 4e Homebrew

Postby sarakhan » Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:55 am

I don't have a strong enough grasp of the rules, and too strong a tendency to design a character to roleplay with rather than to kick my players' backsides with. My players tend not to suffer these limitations.
Last edited by Peter200lx on Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please don't post links unrelated to the forum or topic at hand.

Return to “Tabletop Games”