Welcome thread?

Talk about the site itself. It's so meta!
Lachlan the Sane
Location: I come from the land down under, where women blow and men chunder

Re: Welcome thread?

Postby Lachlan the Sane » Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:27 am

JPH wrote:I like cookies.

Because I do not like cookies, I will hate you forever.
modus0

Postby modus0 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:31 am

Because you like cookies, I will be ambivalent about you forever.

Lachlan the Mad wrote:Because I do not like cookies, I will hate you forever.

Because you do not like cookies, I will also be ambivalent about you forever.

Anyone want a Cold-War Twinkie?
Lachlan the Sane

Postby Lachlan the Sane » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:57 am

Political debate is fun!
4th Dimension

Postby 4th Dimension » Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:44 am

So say/do we all!
CraigM

Postby CraigM » Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:40 pm

Ignore Lachlan. Something about the crazy deadly creatures and heat of Australia makes him incapable of enjoying the simple amazing of cookies.

Maybe if the cookies had spikes or something dangerous he could enjoy them...
Daemian Lucifer

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:08 pm

4th Dimension wrote:

So say/do we all!

I dont.But I do love cake.
dudecon

Postby dudecon » Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:43 am

Daemian Lucifer wrote:
4th Dimension wrote:

So say/do we all!

I dont.But I do love cake.

The part about cookies is true, but the cake is a lie.
Dork Angel

Postby Dork Angel » Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:43 pm

I'm Dork Angel. I've just finished Mass Effect 3 and I need to talk.

Fave game ever - Last Of Us.

Honourable mention to: Dishonoured, Bioshock Infinite and despite the problems, Mass Effect 2 & 3.

Other games I enjoyed a lot - Dead Island, Metro 2013 and Call of Duty series.

Gaming system: PS3

Day job: Computer Helpdesk for government

Night job: Fitness Instructor
dudecon

Postby dudecon » Wed Aug 06, 2014 10:16 pm

Dork Angel wrote:I'm Dork Angel. I've just finished Mass Effect 3 and I need to talk.
Welcome! You've come to the right place.
Dork Angel wrote:Day job: Computer Helpdesk for government
May I ask which nation?
Dork Angel wrote:Night job: Fitness Instructor
Now I've got the image of Johnny Bravo with a mic headset in a cubicle.
Dork Angel

Postby Dork Angel » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:49 pm

Cheers.

UK (Northern Ireland)

Lol. Not quite - certainly not the hair anyway...
Ardis Meade

Postby Ardis Meade » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:11 pm

Hi I'm Ardis, occasional commenter on the blog and periodic lurker in the forum. I've finally decided to register for those rare occurrences I feel like commenting on something here.
dudecon

Postby dudecon » Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:27 am

Ardis Meade wrote:Hi I'm Ardis, occasional commenter on the blog and periodic lurker in the forum. I've finally decided to register for those rare occurrences I feel like commenting on something here.
Hi Ardis.
I'm glad you've decided to step out of the shadows! We welcome necromancers here, so feel free to revive any of the old threads that interest you.
NotDog

Postby NotDog » Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:19 am

I'm going to go by NotDog here. I occasionally read Twenty Sided and thought I'd take the plunge here.

I hail from Atlantic Canada, I'm in my late twenties, and by day I work as a programmer. I tend to play RPGs and action adventures. I mostly play on PC while having nostalgia for Nintendo and a handful of Sega properties, and also possess a Playstation 2. My perspective on video games is probably a bit warped because, growing up, most of my gaming was shareware demos on a Macintosh. I've attempted hobby game development, though I have to combat my own laziness.

My other interests include drawing (though, again, laziness is an issue) and sci-fi novels and a genre of illustration I probably shouldn't bring up in polite conversation. I also read about pen-and-paper RPGs, though I've never actually played a PnP RPG any due to not having a group.
Ygor

Postby Ygor » Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:36 pm

NotDog wrote:I'm going to go by NotDog here. I occasionally read Twenty Sided and thought I'd take the plunge here.

I hail from Atlantic Canada, I'm in my late twenties, and by day I work as a programmer. I tend to play RPGs and action adventures. I mostly play on PC while having nostalgia for Nintendo and a handful of Sega properties, and also possess a Playstation 2. My perspective on video games is probably a bit warped because, growing up, most of my gaming was shareware demos on a Macintosh. I've attempted hobby game development, though I have to combat my own laziness.

My other interests include drawing (though, again, laziness is an issue) and sci-fi novels and a genre of illustration I probably shouldn't bring up in polite conversation. I also read about pen-and-paper RPGs, though I've never actually played a PnP RPG any due to not having a group.

Heya there!
I feel your pain about that Macintosh thing. My family only has Mac computers too, and that made the choice of games rather limited (as one of my friends put it, it was the only OS that had the GOTY version of Photoshop). Good thing that it's starting to turn around now.
Daemian Lucifer

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:26 pm

NotDog wrote:and a genre of illustration I probably shouldn't bring up in polite conversation.

Hey,if Alan Moore is into it,then it is a topic for polite conversation.
dudecon

Postby dudecon » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:37 pm

Daemian Lucifer wrote:
NotDog wrote:and a genre of illustration I probably shouldn't bring up in polite conversation.
It's quite interesting really. Sex isn't on the list of prohibited topics, but everyone on the forum (myself included) has mostly avoided talking about it.
Daemian Lucifer

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:41 pm

dudecon wrote:
Daemian Lucifer wrote:
It's quite interesting really. Sex isn't on the list of prohibited topics, but everyone on the forum (myself included) has mostly avoided talking about it.

Thats because we are nerds,and as such have no clue about it.
purf

Postby purf » Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:29 pm

Daemian Lucifer wrote:

Huh? Noo. Nonononono!
Retsam

Postby Retsam » Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:01 pm

purf wrote:
Daemian Lucifer wrote:

Huh? Noo. Nonononono!

You've got some broken noes.
purf

Postby purf » Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:17 pm

Retsam wrote:
purf wrote:
Daemian Lucifer wrote:

Huh? Noo. Nonononono!

You've got some broken noes.

Did the idea come across, then? I read saw Wizard of Oz only some few months ago when reading the Marvel comics with my toddler daughter. That was my first contact with those stories. So, I only know Dorothy, Tin Woodman and the others through the wonderful Ireallyfreakingloveititmakesmyheartglow work of Skottie Young. I can't have any of that Alan Moore shit. The sick fuck. ;)

Oh, btw, I think I haven't done this yet:
Hey, I'm purf. I kinda like games and artsy, computery stuff.
Here's an explanation of Call of Duty, from the year I was born: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7chDIySXK2Q
Lachlan the Sane

Postby Lachlan the Sane » Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:59 am

Daemian Lucifer wrote:
dudecon wrote:It's quite interesting really. Sex isn't on the list of prohibited topics, but everyone on the forum (myself included) has mostly avoided talking about it.

Thats because we are nerds,and as such have no clue about it.

Smug expression activated.
NotDog

Postby NotDog » Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:09 am

Ygor wrote:I feel your pain about that Macintosh thing. My family only has Mac computers too, and that made the choice of games rather limited (as one of my friends put it, it was the only OS that had the GOTY version of Photoshop). Good thing that it's starting to turn around now.

I always liked the design of Apple's operating systems (Apple's modern business practices are a different conversation entirely) but yeah. I was able to get by on Boot Camp for a while when the Intel Macs came out. Around the end of last year I finally managed to build my own PC for the more performance-intensive games.

Daemian Lucifer wrote:Hey,if Alan Moore is into it,then it is a topic for polite conversation.

I prefer humanoids that are past puberty thank you very much. :P
4th Dimension

Postby 4th Dimension » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:34 pm

purf wrote:Here's an explanation of Call of Duty, from the year I was born: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7chDIySXK2Q

Haha. I love those old timey machines, and their solitions :)
grahams_xwing

Postby grahams_xwing » Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:15 pm

Hi all,

I'm Graham (grahams_xwing - the pitfalls of 'picking' an online persona aged 14/15 and still obsessed with Star Wars). Married with a little lad named Reuben and a grumpy terrier.

Very much a jack of all trades gamer. Play many different genres but not brilliant at any of them. Suck at competitive FPS or sports games, love a big sprawling RPG but have terrible completion rates. My unfinished list in Steam is embarrassing and a topic of conflict between me and the wife when we 'talk' about money.

Big music fan, again eclectic mix but tend to shy away from the mass produced 'sell as many units as possible' pop ethos.

Been lurking on the site for about 6 months or so. Impressed with the look of the community. {Inner argumentative demons in check}

G
Hamilcar

Postby Hamilcar » Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:04 am

Hello, my name is Hamilcar. I am unemployed and I live with my parents.

I have been lurking Shamus' blog since the DMOTR days. And have been lurking this forum for a time as well. I don't comment or post much, but I do alot of lurking. I hope you will all welcome me as one of your own.

Return to “Welcome, Announcements, and Questions”