Middle-Earth: Shadows of Mordor

Daemian Lucifer

Re: Middle-Earth: Shadows of Mordor

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:45 pm

Yahtzee reviews more door.That intro was pretty funny,and pretty accurately describes most of the criticism lobbed towards the game.
The Rocketeer

Postby The Rocketeer » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:40 pm

Nalyd wrote:Gimli killing forty orcs in a huge battle

Forty THREE!
Thomas

Postby Thomas » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:11 pm

Daemian Lucifer wrote:Yahtzee reviews more door.That intro was pretty funny,and pretty accurately describes most of the criticism lobbed towards the game.

It's only because Arkham Asylum did it so well =D Although to be fair, both the hack 'n slash games, both the RTS and even the MMO went down pretty well with the Lord of the Rings fans (and the second RTS told an originalish story). The Third Age looked really good, but its story was FANFIC in huge letters (as demonstrated to my left)
The Rocketeer

Postby The Rocketeer » Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:05 am

I don't have this game yet, although I really want it.

So I'd just like to take this opportunity to remind everyone that just southwest of Mordor's Black Gate, there is a place called the Wetwang. So now you know where Sauron ofttimes fixed his lidless, flame-wreathed eye, from atop the Dark Tower, Barad-dûr.
Daemian Lucifer

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:05 pm

So if you have trouble killing anyone(for example war chiefs)just save up on m until you can buy the unlimited combat finisher thing.One of those is enough to kill a war chief,and it charges up through melee combat.
Thomas

Postby Thomas » Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:55 pm

It kind of breaks the game almost =D When you have that and the stealth finisher it's hard to see why you would ever die, I think I've only died once this game so far (and that was to a Caragor)
Daemian Lucifer

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:21 pm

I think I got the best nemesis of them all:something the friendly(forgot the name,but the friendly part is just too funny to forget).He has a fear of betrayal and is vulnerable to stealth finishers.So naturally,I branded a few of his guys,then while he was running away,I introduced my dagger to one of his kidneys.He died,and I got a nice dagger rune.

But after a while,while I was fighting some orcs,he popped out out of nowhere(because I guess he was just mostly dead),with a mask over half his face,he insulted me,then I repeated the process:branded some orcs,caught up to the fleeing captain,and introduced my dagger to his other kidney.He died again,and gave me another dagger rune.

But then,again,after a while,I stumbled upon him once more.Now he had a hood as well,said something like "Remember me?",then I repeated the process once again(poking his spleen,I guess).This time when he died,he gave me a legendary dagger rune,which is nice.

Now I wonder if Ill stumble upon this pincushion once more.Though Im running out of organs to poke with my dagger,and he is running out of stuff to put over his head.

EDIT:Lûgdash the friendly.Thats who he is.And he is waiting for me in the last mission,with all those stab wounds,ready to receive one more.So funny.
Thomas

Postby Thomas » Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:26 pm

The PS4 version of the game is actually probably the best in a rare instance. The wraith sounds come through the speaker in the controller instead of the TV screen which creates a kind of cool otherworldly effect. It makes the loading screens (which come through the control) really fun. It's the only game where I wish there were more times when it needs to load
Daemian Lucifer

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:46 pm

Thomas wrote:The wraith sounds come through the speaker in the controller instead of the TV screen which creates a kind of cool otherworldly effect.

From the...tv screen?You mean there are people out there that dont have surround sound?
Humanoid

Postby Humanoid » Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:50 am

Yep, give me a nice 2.0 or 3.0 system (floorstanders and a centre) over surround anyday.

I don't want no sub, a sub is a part that can get no love from me...
Daemian Lucifer

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:59 am

Humanoid wrote:Yep, give me a nice 2.0 or 3.0 system (floorstanders and a centre) over surround anyday.

I don't want no sub, a sub is a part that can get no love from me...

Oh you poor delusional man,you think you have something good there.
Trix2000

Postby Trix2000 » Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:31 pm

Someday I'll get off my butt and make myself a home sound system. Someday...

The worst part is I work for a company that makes speaker systems. :/
Daemian Lucifer

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:34 am

More door is getting even more doorer!So Im resurrecting this one preemptively for talks about the sequel once it gets out.
Wide And Nerdy

Postby Wide And Nerdy » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:41 pm

Just tell me. Is there any part of this that feels like any part of the Lord of the Rings movie aside from Mordor? Mordor is my least favorite part of the book. The place I'd least want to be. Is slaying Orcs and building up Archnemeses through their innovative villain system all the game offers? We have a steam sale coming up. I might grab it if it gets down in the 5 to 10 dollar range.
Daemian Lucifer

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:01 pm

Wide And Nerdy wrote:Is there any part of this that feels like any part of the Lord of the Rings movie aside from Mordor?

Well,that depends on whether you think the movie is a good adaptation of the book or not.

Wide And Nerdy wrote:Is slaying Orcs and building up Archnemeses through their innovative villain system all the game offers?

You also get to ride wargs and trolls.

But like Ive said in the blog,if you skip the cutscenes its a really good brainless fun.You play two ghosts merged into a demi god that gets to slaughter orcs in satisfying and varied ways,from standard sword butchery,to pinning them with arrows,to setting them on fire,feeding them to the wildlife,and pitting them against each other.And the orcs are varied themselves,from cowardly archers to brave berserkers,from warg riders to chieftains.Also,the game is more fun if you play it badly,because then you get to experience more recurring villains,which is kind of novel.

Return to “Videogames”