Game Hangouts

McNutcase

Re: Game Hangouts

Postby McNutcase » Mon Jan 19, 2015 12:29 am

Narratorway wrote:Just started installing PD2, and I've played all of ten minutes from either franchise, so y'all wanna roll w/ a pleb, I'm available.

Sure. Newbies are fun to teach. At least you won't have any bad habits to unlearn...
AyeGill

Postby AyeGill » Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:25 pm

Since I have almost no plans for the next month or so, does anyone wanna hang out and play some games?
The Rocketeer

Postby The Rocketeer » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:49 am

As in, what games? I don't have too many multiplayer games, but I'd be happy to if we share any.
Narratorway

Postby Narratorway » Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:20 pm

I'm always down for L4D and I still need to get with a full Payday2 crew.
AyeGill

Postby AyeGill » Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:36 pm

I haven't played Payday 2 in forever, but that could be fun.
Galad

Postby Galad » Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:03 pm

I could also do with a semi-regular PD2 group. Steam name should be the same as forum name here.

edit: nope, steam name is 'velkito'
JPH

Postby JPH » Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:36 am

Jarenth and I don't get to rocket league enough because he's a weird europe. :[ Anyone own Rocket League on PC?
Galad

Postby Galad » Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:01 am

I do, even if I'm no longer enthusiastic about it, because I've realised the severe limits of my skills in it. You should be able to notice my steam name on this page.

Edit: I'm also a 'weird europe' :<
Mrice

Postby Mrice » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:29 pm

Hey, I've been reading 20 sided for years but never really come onto these forums before.

I could really use a community to play games with ever since my old one died. So i figured i would come here and see if anyone is cool with me tagging along into any games? L4D, PayDay1&2, various RTS. Anything really.

Mrice on steam.

Edit: If anyone is up for playing vermintide, that jazz is looking like fun on a bun.
Yldri

Postby Yldri » Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:08 pm

Last edited by Yldri on Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AileTheAlien

Postby AileTheAlien » Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:51 pm

AileTheAlien on Steam:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/AileTheAlien/home
(Although I show up as Carly2000, because of ATHF, but also Cherry 2000.)

I've got these games that I'd be down to clown in:
- Awesomnauts
- Don't Starve Together
- Gremlins Inc.
- Left 4 Dead 2
- Space Food Truck
- Stellaris
- Team Fortress 2

I too, am pretty dang chill. Slash, I kinda hate competition. Which is why I play Awesomenauts, and stopped LoL. :)

EDIT:
LoL! Does this count as necromancy if the post is stickied? Lousy small fonts...and old-man eyeballs! :P
Trix2000

Postby Trix2000 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:44 pm

Necromancy isn't really a problem for a forum like ours - we don't have enough topic throughput to worry about it, and it's often easier to resurrect an existing topic than make another.
The Rocketeer

Postby The Rocketeer » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:02 pm

Dark Souls III: The Ringed City unlocks in a mere two hours! And it will probably take as long or longer for me to download the accompanying patch.

I'm free most of today and tomorrow, and it's been no secret that I'd be throwing myself into the expansion as soon as it unlocks. If anyone wants to tackle the expansion as a duo (or trio!) and doesn't mind coping with my shitty Internet, I'm definitely down for co-op.
dudecon

Postby dudecon » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:42 pm

The Rocketeer wrote:Dark Souls III: The Ringed City unlocks in a mere two hours! And it will probably take as long or longer for me to download the accompanying patch.

I'm free most of today and tomorrow, and it's been no secret that I'd be throwing myself into the expansion as soon as it unlocks. If anyone wants to tackle the expansion as a duo (or trio!) and doesn't mind coping with my shitty Internet, I'm definitely down for co-op.
I can't do this, but I really want to. Is there any sort of leveling requirement or previous experience required?
The Rocketeer

Postby The Rocketeer » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:51 pm

Technically, no: Dark Souls III differs from its predecessors in that any two characters can summon one another regardless of level or soul memory if they share a password. However, to begin the DLC, you either need to have access to the game's final bonfire, or to have completed Ashes of Ariandel, the prior DLC. So, if you're starting the game for the first time, NOGO.

EDIT: Postponed. Turns out, the 1GB patch was actually a pre-patch; now that the DLC is officially launched, there's a real 3GB patch that's probably not going to be done downloading 'til well after midnight. And this, after the previous 7.7GB game patch that I thought was supposed to pre-load the expansion. Oh well; if anyone's interested, I'll be into it tomorrow. And, let's face it, probably any time I can spare in the next week.
AileTheAlien

Postby AileTheAlien » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:08 am

Anyone want to play Factorio multiplayer this weekend?
I'm bummed out about the SpoilerWarning/Diecast breakup, and also they just released an update.
Uranium power, here I come! :)

(I guess reply in here, or PM me? I have no idea what the protocol should be, since it's not as easy as "add me on Steam". Lousy proprietary Factorio login... :P )
Trix2000

Postby Trix2000 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:03 pm

...You know you CAN do it through Steam, even if you got the version directly from their site. They give you a Steam key, and their system has Steam integration (like Invite to Game and whatnot). Even without that, unless you want a standalone headless server (that people can join anytime), it's not difficult to set up a regular multiplayer game through the interface. A lot easier than before 0.14 at least.

I might consider it, but only if my current plans with a close friend of mine fall through which may or may not happen.
AileTheAlien

Postby AileTheAlien » Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:59 pm

Trix2000 wrote:Even without that, unless you want a standalone headless server (that people can join anytime), it's not difficult to set up a regular multiplayer game through the interface.

Last time I set up with my friends, we needed separate logins, and the "invite to game" feature was just non-functional. It's not too hard to use the search feature to find your friend's game, but you still need a separate login as far as I can tell.
Trix2000

Postby Trix2000 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:17 pm

Actually I don't think you need an account for everyone if you disable authentication when setting up the game. I could be remembering wrong, but I recall this is possible.

Though I also don't recall it being difficult to make the account if you own the game. It shouldn't matter if you buy from Steam or not, as they can end up tied together either way.

Return to “Videogames”