Game Hangouts

RedSun

Re: Game Hangouts

Postby RedSun » Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:56 am

I've played about two hours of CK2, and I don't entirely understand it, but I'd be very interested in a group game after Christmas, when I get some time off school to get learnin'. :)
Trix2000

Postby Trix2000 » Thu Dec 19, 2013 6:00 am

Going to be in New York for Christmas, and not bringing my good computer so I'll be pretty MIA next week.
AyeGill

Postby AyeGill » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:58 pm

Anybody up for some Just 'Cause 2 this weekend? The multiplayer mod recently became available on steam.
Narkis

Postby Narkis » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:26 am

CraigM wrote:Potentially. My availability will be a bit spotty, but I think it could be quite a bit of fun.

I have all the DLC packs but Sons of Abraham. Personally I think a nice feuding viking clan game would be fun. After all the ability to troll the Baltic coast as a group would be deliciously evil.

Rebel Canuck wrote:I would be in for a CK2 game sometime after Christmas. I'm away from my good computer until probably the 27th or so. :)

RedSun wrote:I've played about two hours of CK2, and I don't entirely understand it, but I'd be very interested in a group game after Christmas, when I get some time off school to get learnin'. :)

Trix2000 wrote:Going to be in New York for Christmas, and not bringing my good computer so I'll be pretty MIA next week.

How about the weekend of the 28th-29th? That should accomodate everyone. I don't really care what we play as, I'm sure it'll be fun in any case. :D
Trix2000

Postby Trix2000 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:12 am

Narkis wrote:How about the weekend of the 28th-29th? That should accomodate everyone. I don't really care what we play as, I'm sure it'll be fun in any case. :D

May or may not be back in time, but if I am then I'd be open to a lot of things.
Humanoid

Postby Humanoid » Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:49 pm

AyeGill wrote:Anybody up for some Just 'Cause 2 this weekend? The multiplayer mod recently became available on steam.

In a nice coincidence, Squeenix's mystery box promotion (which was apparently an EU/AU only thing) contained this - alongside Tomb Raider 2013, Hitman Blood Money, and er, Dungeon Siege 3. In terms of a deal I guess it was okay, $9AUD for the lot.
Thomas

Postby Thomas » Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:24 pm

It's still funny that Obsidian's least buggy game is the one that no-one gives a toss about
Jexter

Postby Jexter » Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:34 pm

Assuming the Just Cause 2 multiplayer mod installs separately - so it doesn't conflict with my bajillion other mods - I should be up for that. Been meaning to try it.
RedSun

Postby RedSun » Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:49 pm

Will also be down for Just Cause 2 multiplayer, though I might not be able to make weekend nights anymore due to some tabletop rpgs I've joined.
AyeGill

Postby AyeGill » Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:20 pm

Anyone up for something tonight? I'm thinking JC2, but I'd be up for something else if that's what people want to play.
Jexter

Postby Jexter » Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:19 am

Now that Christmas has passed, I should be available to play JC2 sometime.

Also picked up Crusader Kings 2, so might be able to join in on that if the interface doesn't require a Bachelor's degree to comprehend. Sure, I won't be anything approaching good at the game, but it's a lot easier to play the part of a incompetent fool when you're actually incompetent and foolish.
Kavonde

Postby Kavonde » Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:32 am

Jexter wrote:Now that Christmas has passed, I should be available to play JC2 sometime.

Also picked up Crusader Kings 2, so might be able to join in on that if the interface doesn't require a Bachelor's degree to comprehend. Sure, I won't be anything approaching good at the game, but it's a lot easier to play the part of a incompetent fool when you're actually incompetent and foolish.

It's... definitely a barrier to entry. For me, it took the "The Old Gods" DLC to get me into the game; playing a viking lets you kind of exist outside the game's rules about marriage and casus bellii, and also gives you a clear set of goals to work towards: beat the crap out of everyone and steal their stuff. (And maybe unify Norway or reform the Norse faith if you're feeling ambitious.)

I've done a couple of multiplayer sessions with RebelCanuck; we could probably get a full-fledged multiplayer game going some time.
Rebel Canuck

Postby Rebel Canuck » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:17 pm

So, I was away for the last couple of weeks, but I'm at home now with my proper computer, so I am wondering if anyone wants to kick off the New Year with some gaming! I picked up Starbound and plan to run a server soonish, probably after the final character/world wipe which is reportedly going to be sometime in January.

I also installed Natural Selection 2, and could install Just Cause 2 with the Multiplayer mod if people were interested in that. Let's get some games going! :D
A. Hieronymus Bosch

Postby A. Hieronymus Bosch » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:59 am

I'd be up for some of that, though I'd have to pick up a copy of Starbound.

The only time I'm not available is Sunday evenings, because I'm too busy bending reality to my whims.
Starkos127

Postby Starkos127 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:11 am

I'd be up for some Starbound, I've been taking a break from it lately until it's more finished. I also finally picked up Brave New World for Civ5, which I've been mildly itching to try out.
Ringwraith

Postby Ringwraith » Fri Jan 03, 2014 3:33 pm

Brave New World does so much for it.
It's great.
Not played enough of it personally though...
Trix2000

Postby Trix2000 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:20 pm

I'd be up for Starbound too. Spent some time with it but decided to save it when my worlds got wiped since I have soooo many other games to get to at the moment..
Torsten

Postby Torsten » Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:13 pm

Since the last hangout of Shamus & Associates seemed to awake some interest to Guns of Icarus among people, would anybody be interested in trying out the game and teaming up? Let's say, this coming Saturday, starting at 9 pm GMT.
Just so that as many people as possible have a change to play.
Last edited by Torsten on Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Trix2000

Postby Trix2000 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:49 pm

I'd be up. Always wanted to try it with non-random people.
coarsesand

Postby coarsesand » Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:18 am

There are a few of us on GoI right now if anyone wants to join us. My Steam ID.
Joshua490

Postby Joshua490 » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:05 am

I would like to join as well. How do I do so?
A. Hieronymus Bosch

Postby A. Hieronymus Bosch » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:49 am

Looks like that final Starbound character wipe will occur "in the next week".
Rebel Canuck

Postby Rebel Canuck » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:26 am

The minute that happens I'll have a server up for us. :)

Anyone still interested in Natural Selection 2 sometime this week?
Kavonde

Postby Kavonde » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:13 am

Y'know, I really ought to actually play that some time, since someone (cough) was nice enough to gift me a copy. Unfortunately, I dunno when I'll be available. Late tomorrow or Friday, maybe?
AileTheAlien

Postby AileTheAlien » Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:04 am

I'd play some Guns of Icarus! (I assume this is the "Guns of Icarus Online", yes?)
I have other games too, if somebody wants to random-game-invite me this weekend.
I'm still on the "winter" schedule at work, so I'll be starting my weekend for gaming Thursday evening after supper.
Something like 6:00 pm, GMT-6, no daylight savings. (Saskatchewan time).

Return to “Videogames”