Starcraft 2

Daemian Lucifer

Re: Starcraft 2

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:52 am

What is it with some of the best sc2 players having such hard to google names?Hydra,has,mvp,...
Thomas

Postby Thomas » Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:27 am

:( Hydra was a tough draw for TLO, it's easy to believe Hydra is going to take the whole tournament.
Daemian Lucifer

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Sat May 09, 2015 10:17 am

Been watching a bunch of shoutcraft clan wars these last few weeks.Really fun plays on crazy maps.

But,seeing how these things are clan wars,what disappoints me is that there are so few 2v2 games.In fact,seeing how every tournament player is in a clan,its disappointing that there arent any 2v2 tournaments.Or the much beloved TZPvTZP plays.Those would be great.Hopefully,archon mode will somewhat change that.
Supahewok

Postby Supahewok » Thu May 14, 2015 12:46 am

Damn you Daemian, I have lost far too much time to watching SC2 over the past week because of you!

I've caught up on Shoutcraft Season 2 and am about halfway through Season 1, with the occasional break to watch some When Cheese Fails. I don't usually like watching sports of any kind, but once a year or so I get the itch to watch some SC2. Shoutcraft's been pretty great. I'd prefer less cheese and more 2v2's, but overall its been pretty good watching.
Daemian Lucifer

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Tue May 26, 2015 3:57 pm

Supahewok wrote:Damn you Daemian, I have lost far too much time to watching SC2 over the past week because of you!

Well,there is more shoutcraft to be seen.And these matches are interesting.

Interesting in the sense that it was those who were playing defensively that won every time.
Thomas

Postby Thomas » Sun May 31, 2015 11:22 am

Tonight's WCS will include Has and Jaedong. Has of "I transition my cheeses into bigger cheeses" fame, and Jaedong of "One of the best players in the world got knocked out of the WCS by Has' cheese fame"

Worth checking out :) As of posting it will be in 4 hours 30 minutes and the stream should be up on http://www.teamliquid.net
Daemian Lucifer

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Sun May 31, 2015 1:20 pm

Thomas wrote:Tonight's WCS will include Has and Jaedong. Has of "I transition my cheeses into bigger cheeses" fame, and Jaedong of "One of the best players in the world got knocked out of the WCS by Has' cheese fame"

Worth checking out :) As of posting it will be in 4 hours 30 minutes and the stream should be up on http://www.teamliquid.net

I dont like watching it live because of the wait times between the games usually has me starting something else and forgetting that the stream is still going.Luckily,the youtube thing is up very quickly.
Daemian Lucifer

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:21 pm

Sbenu vs yoe flash wolves clan war.Now this is the one I was looking forward to ever since seeing how entertaining the matches of these two clans are.

It did not disappoint.
Daemian Lucifer

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:14 pm

ROOT Gaming vs Team Baguette.Now this one was full of twists and turns,unlike the previous two steamroller matches.
Daemian Lucifer

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:44 am

Finally,a match where players know how to work the drakken cannon.Gravity-Flipsid3 vs Team Ascension clan wars.
Daemian Lucifer

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:23 pm

So starcraft has this interesting thing where you and a friend take small forces to do various missions.You slowly level up commanders to gain new units and abilities and try the missions on higher difficulty.The highest difficulty is recommended for two fully upgraded(level 15)commanders.How do two level 5 goofs fair against that challenge?The result may surprise you.
The Rocketeer

Postby The Rocketeer » Fri Nov 13, 2015 3:59 am

I realized there likely won't be a Husky Plays of Legacy of the Void, and then I became sad. So, so sad.
Daemian Lucifer

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:42 am

I have finally voided the whole legacy.I like it.Especially the movie jokes from fenix.Now I have to brush up my terran play so that I can do the epilogue properly.
Daemian Lucifer

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:47 am

Checked the nova mission pack to gain some more enough,learned that therell be more mission packs in the future....Damn you blizzard,havent you gotten enough of my money already?!I was quite happy with you producing only multiplayer stuff that I could ignore forever,but now you pull a dirty trick like this?Ugh!

Though thankfully,it wont be completely out for a year or so,so Ill have time for other things.Because Im not a chump that prepurchases digital stuff.And if you are one such chump,please find some dignity and stop doing that so that the idiotic practice can die and benefit us all.Thank you.
krellen

Postby krellen » Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:47 pm

Daemian Lucifer wrote:I have finally voided the whole legacy.I like it.Especially the movie jokes from fenix.Now I have to brush up my terran play so that I can do the epilogue properly.

You'll need to be good with all three sides, for the record. I suck so much with Zerg, it was pretty hard.
Daemian Lucifer

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:21 pm

krellen wrote:
Daemian Lucifer wrote:I have finally voided the whole legacy.I like it.Especially the movie jokes from fenix.Now I have to brush up my terran play so that I can do the epilogue properly.

You'll need to be good with all three sides, for the record. I suck so much with Zerg, it was pretty hard.

For me,terran was the hardest to get back into.Luckily spamming battlecruisers worked nicely,so I only failed once.Zerg was much easier because you had kerrigan on your disposal.Though I did play on normal.Dont dare to touch hard until I beat all three on that difficulty,or rank my coop heroes much higher.

Also,having all the hotkeyes under the left hand is a huge improvement when switching from race to race.
Lachlan the Sane
Location: I come from the land down under, where women blow and men chunder

Postby Lachlan the Sane » Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:54 pm

Daemian Lucifer wrote:Also,having all the hotkeyes under the left hand is a huge improvement when switching from race to race.

Wait, wait, back up. An RTS game used a sensible, consistent set of hotkeys? I am fascinated, and must know more.
Daemian Lucifer

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:41 pm

Lachlan the Mad wrote:
Daemian Lucifer wrote:Also,having all the hotkeyes under the left hand is a huge improvement when switching from race to race.

Wait, wait, back up. An RTS game used a sensible, consistent set of hotkeys? I am fascinated, and must know more.

Yup.They introduce the "grid layout",which binds most* of the hotkeys to qwertasdfgzxcvb**,as they are displayed on the unit grid in the bottom right corner.AND they also have a similar grid bound to the right side of the keyboard for lefties.AND you can rebind all of those keyes as you wish.Its great.

*Number keyes and function keyes still have their other uses.
**Though mostly qweasdzxc are used,but others have uses sometimes.
Last edited by Daemian Lucifer on Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lachlan the Sane
Location: I come from the land down under, where women blow and men chunder

Postby Lachlan the Sane » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:23 pm

Daemian Lucifer wrote:
Lachlan the Mad wrote:

Yup.They introduce the "grid layout",which binds most* of the hotkeys to qwertasdfgzxcvb**,as they are displayed on the unit grid in the bottom left corner.AND they also have a similar grid bound to the right side of the keyboard for lefties.AND you can rebind all of those keyes as you wish.Its great.

*Number keyes and function keyes still have their other uses.
**Though mostly qweasdzxc are used,but others have uses sometimes.

THAT IS LIKE POINT #1 ON MY LIST OF HOW TO IMPROVE RTS GAMES! YAAAAAAAAY!
Daemian Lucifer

Postby Daemian Lucifer » Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:41 pm

King of the hill tournament:
Matches 1-5
Matches 6-10
Matches 11-14
Matches 15-18
Matches 19-20

Some pretty interesting duels were had.And there was cake.
bitterpark

Postby bitterpark » Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:15 am

Is it bad that I always root for foreigners and against Koreans? I just feel like the Koreans are so good, any foreigner automatically becomes the underdog when facing off against them.

On that note, Innovation is so mechanically good, I feel like he kind of degenerates the game.

Imagine if there was a competitive game where you had a certain number of tries to hit a dartboard-like target, and the player with the most points won. Each player started with a really primitive weapon, like a dart or a pebble, but then they could spend points they've already earned to upgrade their weapon to, say, a sling, a bow or a gun. Something that makes it easier to hit closer to the center. So there's this extra layer of strategy, where players have to balance the risk of spending points versus the potential to earn even more.

But then, a player came along who just learned to hit the bullseye with the starting pebble reliably, every time. That would degenerate the game into just pebble-aiming, and that whole points management metagame would be rendered irrelevant.
Thomas

Postby Thomas » Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:01 am

I'm also holding out for the foreign hope too
4th Dimension

Postby 4th Dimension » Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:00 am

Innovation? You mean Skynet right?

Innovation and Stephano gave me the idea that American Wrestling style of narrative and BM might be fun type of Starcraft tournament. "Innovation face me off in the <insert event here> where you will die to my <insert strategy here>. HAHAHAH"
4th Dimension

Postby 4th Dimension » Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:23 am

Now that I have watched it to the end I have to say, yes this is Skynet people. Somebody accidentally commented out the line preventing and experimental Starcraft 2 AI from becoming Skynet and you get this.
Thomas

Postby Thomas » Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:00 pm

MC was a big wrestling fan and always tried to bring a style of wrestling promos to the game. Because he was a Korean speaking broken English it was only even better "Innovation is big noob. My four gate will crush him because I am strong. I am best"

Return to “Videogames”